Saw the new Beauty & The Beast film. As it's basically the same movie as the cartoon, it's very good. There are some random changes throughout, but all minor.
* The CGI on the Beast is terrible and unconvincing. A real problem given how the chemistry of the two characters is basically the ENTIRE THING.
* Belle is an inventor, because feminism I guess. It doesn't matter at all to the plot, and only shows up once.
* We get some backstory as to the parents of our leads. And even side characters get family. There's also some stuff to deflate continuity issues from the original (no mention of time, reasoning why the servants were cursed, why it's winter all of a sudden, why nobody remembers the giant castle & Prince).
* alot of dialogue is kept exact (most of "Bonjour"). Other bits are changed, but only slightly. It's actually a little weird.
* Maurice is made less cartoonish, as is The Beast's anger and Gaston's he-man attitude. This alters things just a little. Less broad, and more like a sitcom.
* Emma Watson really can't sing well. At all. The problem with keeping all the cues of the original while using "regular" actors.
* LeFou has been made man-crushy on Gaston to the point of mincing, now. Though some of the best gags are based around it. Josh Gad was really trying to steal the scenery here.
* Using such focus on the servants kind of detracts from the main couple (especially during The Big Moment, which feels more glossed over here), though they're shown together reading a lot more. In the cartoon & play, Beast was illiterate.
Meanwhile, the reactions to the now infamous "Emma Watson Belle doll" at Disney stores are greatly amusing. "It looks like Justin Beiber in a wig!" the detractors cry.
Well... I'm sorry to point this out to the Potterites out there... but Emma Watson kind of, in fact, looks like that. Both she & Beiber feature very androgynous, long-faced, pointy-chinned faces. A doll version (and to be fair, it's not exactly a perfect likeness- Emma is quite pretty- the doll has "fivehead"- look it up) is kinda gonna look like that.