Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: What are your top 3 political issues  (Read 72 times)

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
What are your top 3 political issues
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:35:21 AM »

in order. Wonder where people put importance in

For me

Health care- Think if it not a right...then it just something we simply should offer people as just being human beings

Education-  Think it one of the most important thinkg. This plays in into money, opputunity and class, Jobs.  To me an educated populaist is a bette populist.  We as a nation get a lot of benifts from this...since people able to do more Jobs. help with the tece industry, help people learn skills to build our country up. Also we need to update the type of classes and skills we teach

Criminal refrom- Lot of people in Jail for shit they shouldnt be. its a waste of time and money

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
Re: What are your top 3 political issues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:37:39 AM »

education, healthcare, and net neutrality

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:08:40 AM »

in order. Wonder where people put importance in

For me

Health care- Think if it not a right...then it just something we simply should offer people as just being human beings

Education-  Think it one of the most important thinkg. This plays in into money, opputunity and class, Jobs.  To me an educated populaist is a bette populist.  We as a nation get a lot of benifts from this...since people able to do more Jobs. help with the tece industry, help people learn skills to build our country up. Also we need to update the type of classes and skills we teach

Criminal refrom- Lot of people in Jail for shit they shouldnt be. its a waste of time and money

1.)  If they are sick; then well they need to die and decrease the surplus population.

2.)  Why educate ourselves when we can just hire an immigrant or intern them for free?

3.)  But we have for profit prisons that help get a lot of money into communities, think of the children of the prison guards Rock', think of the children.

Pillow Biter

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

1) Figuring out a long-term solution to entitlements and the ballooning debt. This doesn't necessarily mean balancing the budget immediately or at all times.

2) Figuring out a way to deal with automation and the disintermediation of labor in the future--possibly a guaranteed minimum income.

3) Finding a way to deal with healthcare, which is related to #1

Not BAMF

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
  • Generic HC User #6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:54:24 PM »

It depends on the day. I could list 3 here, but then would immediately feel bad that I didn't include other issues as they spring to mind. But the first three that pop into my head:

1) Gun Control. The issue I know I'll never "win" on, but boy... it would be nice if I didn't have to worry every time I went to the mall/movies/sporting event/anywhere in public that some psychopath might just start shooting everyone up. I'm not saying "ban all guns!", but... common sense, man. More restrictions on types/amounts you can own, etc.

2) Basic equality issues. What used to be "gay marriage", and is now basically bathroom issues. Every adult American should have the same basic freedoms and rights as each other. Marriage, adoption, sex life, ability to not get killed by the police, etc.

3) Balancing spending. Not a debt or a budget issue, but just changing what we spend our taxes on. More money to infrastructure, first of all. Let's quit having dangerous overpasses and collapsing roads. More money to healthcare and education. Less to the military and all the agencies just spy on us. Let's quit arming cops like they're about to go fight an intergalactic war, while we're at it.

LiquidSailor

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »

Enviornment :  Everything from lakes and streams, to fracking, to climate change.

Money in Politics : Bought and paid for whore politicians doing whats best for businesses and special interests over the people.

Science :  Basing decisions off of Science, not moron shit like religious beliefs.

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »

It varies somewhat but,

1. Healthcare - It's a fundamental leg of a potential fulfilling society.

2. Campaign Finance Reform/Money in Politics - It influences pretty much everything else to one degree or another.

3. The Economy/Jobs/Wages/Working Conditions - Another basis on which a healthy society operates.

The Environment, Education, Criminal Justice Reform, and Science (Good call, Liquid) are other big ones for me.

Avatar : Yvette Mimieux as Weena from The Time Machine
Sig : Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and....um....