Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Star Wars: Rebels Kenobi vs Maul  (Read 2108 times)

DarthAlani

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Rebels Kenobi vs Maul
« on: March 18, 2017, 07:31:50 AM »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 07:35:19 AM by DarthAlani »

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Rebels Kenobi vs Maul
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »

This is clearly all some plan of Darth Maul's. Lure Kenobi into a false sense of security so he'll eventually fight Vader, and he'll give up and die. Maul wins in the end. -_-

DarthAlani

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:16 AM »

I can see it being spun that way...

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 07:59:11 AM »

It's one of the few ways I can see him trying to lie about Kenobi bitching Maul faster than...well anyone has ever been bitched in Star Wars, like ever.

AP

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
  • Yep. We're boned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »

Surprising considering Kenobi seemed to get beaten up a lot from what I've seen from the Clone Wars toon.

DarthAlani

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:21:32 AM »

It's one of the few ways I can see him trying to lie about Kenobi bitching Maul faster than...well anyone has ever been bitched in Star Wars, like ever.
Either way, get the popcorn ready.

Liam

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 08:26:54 AM »

Storywise I can see the reason for it. It wasn't about combat, it was about how Palpatine had destroyed the life of a young boy, damning him to be a pawn, and then a cripple eaten by vengeance, and about him finding peace because he foresaw that the Chosen One would destroy Palpatine. The emotion the audience is intended to feel is pity, combined with a bittersweet relief that at least he found peace in his final moments. I get what they were going for, but the fanboy in me still would have liked a war.

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »

Storywise I can see the reason for it. It wasn't about combat, it was about how Palpatine had destroyed the life of a young boy, damning him to be a pawn, and then a cripple eaten by vengeance, and about him finding peace because he foresaw that the Chosen One would destroy Palpatine. The emotion the audience is intended to feel is pity, combined with a bittersweet relief that at least he found peace in his final moments. I get what they were going for, but the fanboy in me still would have liked a war.

Well that era Kenobi was a match for Vader. He simply stopped fighting. And by then, Maul couldn't even handle Kanan/Ezra or Ahsoka. He wouldn't be able to contend with Kenobi anyway.

DarthAlani

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 08:33:50 AM »

This confirms that Kenobi, Vader and ROTJ Luke as superior to Maul.

Kenobi pretty much curbstomped him.

Liam

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »

Well that era Kenobi was a match for Vader. He simply stopped fighting. And by then, Maul couldn't even handle Kanan/Ezra or Ahsoka. He wouldn't be able to contend with Kenobi anyway.

Woosh!

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »

Woosh!

I completely got your point. And it's 100% right. I'd have much preferred to see a wisened, aged Kenobi take full advantage of being Form III's undisputed Master and one of the most efficient, defensive guys to ever Soresu. And after an intense, nice length battle, he takes advantage of Maul being tired and finally presses his advantage.

However...I also like to fuck with Quan, and Maul would've lost to Kenobi anyway.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

Obi Wan: EPIC LEVEL JEDI.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

Almighty Tallest

• King
  • Weren't you banished?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:59:38 AM »

Obi Wan: EPIC LEVEL JEDI.

Obi-Wan: "I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND! DON'T DO IT ANAK-ER, MAUL!!!"

DarthAlani

• Stonemason
    • View Profile