Herochat

Iron Fist Episodes 9-13

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
Iron Fist Episodes 9-13
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:18:53 PM »
Episode nine begins with a bit of a shocker, although I'm surprised I didn't see it coming.  I'm getting an even stronger feeling that Gao is not actually a member of the Hand.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:23:15 PM by AP »

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Fist Episodes 9-13
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 10:18:42 PM »
Holy shit episode ten.  I'll let you guys catch up, but shit hits the fan.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 03:41:47 AM »
I finished it.  Good show.  I'm not sure I like how Joy and Ward ended up in this season and the big reveal leading up to the climax seemed like a foregone conclusion, but all in all, it was a satisfying show.  Colleen is badass and a lot of Danny's immaturity and naivete makes sense in light of what he has gone through over the years.  I'm glad they began to explore the more esoteric Iron Fist stuff like healing too.  We at least got Shou-Lao's glowing red eyes and there was a costume, so that part isn't too much of a let down.  I would put in par with Luke Cage (great despite some obvious flaws).  I'm looking forward to next season and the Defenders.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »
If there's a season-two, the guy needs to hit the gym. He's way too doughy to be playing Iron Fist. He doesn't necessarily need to bulk up, but he should get more cut at the least. Get that Bruce Lee look.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
Rotten Tomatoes has a Critic's score of 17%... and an Audience score of 88%. Interesting.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Red Exodus

• +7/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 05:16:39 PM »
The show was fucking awful. I've never been more bored of a Marvel show (and this from someone who doesn't
care for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) than this one.

The show was boring, terribly written, and directed in tone, character development, direction, theme, action,
final battle, lack of characters from the Iron Fist franchise, it was all just so fucking shit.

For god's sake, we didn't even get Danny to wear his fucking iconic outfit. Are you fucking kidding me? Even
Daredevil wore his iconic uniform in the last episode of Season 1.

His barely using the Iron Fist itself was even more bullshit. I don't know HOW Marvel/Netflix could fuck this
show up so badly.

And can we agree that Joy & Ward's plotline was forced as fuck and felt like it had NOTHING to do with
anything?

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
I will at least agree with you on Joy and Ward's plotline.  It wasn't compelling.  Otherwise, I liked it just fine.  We know he will get a costume eventually going by the old archive footage from China.  It seems Scott Buck was a little shy with the material but I'm sure they'll fix that next season.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 07:56:42 PM »
Just starting ten. The conversation with Colleen's sensi is strange. For most of the series, Danny has been spotting more wiseman philosophy than a box of fortune-cookies. Yet suddenly, because the plot requires it I suppose, he is suddenly the ignorant American needing to be taught wisdom.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +4/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
Ok, the fights with Danny vs Bakuto and Danny & Davis vs ERRYBODY were sick. About damn time.

AP

• +56/-49
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
Anyone else think Hogarth was more likeable here than in Jessica Jones?

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »
Yes but it makes sense. Hogarth and Jessica had a more antagonistic relationship since working with Jessica had its own set of problems. Not only does she benefit from her relationship with Danny but he also reminds her of a simpler/easier time. He also probably gives her a sense of hope seeing him back after all these years and that's probably something she needs after everything that happened.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »
Also Jessica is a snarky drunk, whereas Danny is essentially a human puppy. It's not surprising that more people would like him in-universe, excluding those people he is costing money.

NeoGreenLantern

• +66/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Yeah and watching Hogarth take care of the puppy instead of dealing with the cat is going to make her more likeable.

Someone assign animals to Cage and Murdock to complete the metaphore.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 12:19:35 PM »
What the hell was up with Joy in that last scene? Her motivation to even be in that convo makes no sense. The last words she speaks regarding Danny right after she gets shot is that he always does the right thing. She was relatable and then not and then relatable and then not. The fucking Meetchums.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 01:25:48 PM »
You know what it reminds me of? A really padded version of "Batman Begins" mixed with a stranger-in-a-strange-land story like "Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time" or the part of "Thor" where he's mortal.

The early part echoes the part of "Batman Begins" where he comes home and retakes his company, outmaneuvering some minor exec whose name I can't remember because it was just a minor subplot. Earl Something? It was decently interesting as a minor subplot, but padded out to multiple episodes it sucked balls.

Ditto for the stranger-in-a-strange-land stuff. Decent as a minor subplot in "Thor", horrible when drug out.

They stuck two subplots from better movies into a series, and padded it out like one dab of butter spread over thirteen pieces of toast.