Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Iron Fist Episodes 5-8  (Read 1178 times)

scourge

• King Jaffe Joffer
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Iron Fist Episodes 5-8
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »

I just finished 6. So spoilers if you're not that far but I'll keep them vagueish as it's still early into the release.

Never expected another one of the Immortal Weapons to show up, such that it was. Visually spot on. I'm enjoying this show. Ward doesn't even bother me anymore as his relationships with the other characters and his personal demons make him more interesting. Colleen is great, always like seeing Clair and it's tying so nicely into some of the other shows, esp DD.

As AP said in the ep 1-4 thread, nice that Danny isn't brooding like the rest. His attitude is refreshing and it makes him immediately the most likable. Tho by the end of episode 6 it's even more clear has dealing with his shit.

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Fist Episodes 5-8
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:06 PM »

Episode five.  I liked the little not-a-date with Danny and the flirty weapons demo.  They have good chemistry.  He plays the loveable dork bit well.  As always, it’s nice to see Claire (as well as Rosario Dawson in workout clothes).  I’m guessing we’ll be seeing more of Davos soon.

scourge

• King Jaffe Joffer
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:37:34 PM »

Hope so

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »

I can see why critics said things pick up with episode six.  This seemed the most like an issue of Iron Fist with him remembering his philosophical training as he deals with each threat.  I’m a bit surprised Bride of Nine Spiders was taking orders from Madame Gao.  I figured she would have her own thing going.  I’m guessing the Asian dude was Junzo Muto, but I have no idea who the Russian dudes were supposed to be.

I’m still not digging Ward or the subplots with the Mechums.  I also wish Claire had more of a personal connection with Danny.  She’s been in two episodes but so far, she seems like a random ally as opposed to the more important roles she played in Daredevil and Luke Cage.  I liked that she said “Sweet Christmas” though.

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »

Okay, they should have shown the critics all the episodes up to seven like they did with Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2.  Everything is picking up with this one.  I’m really interested to see what happened with Danny’s father and the Mechum subplots are beginning to get interesting.  Maybe Ward isn’t entirely pointless after all.

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »

Episode eight now.  The show does get better.  I liked the Drunken Master version of Zhou Cheng, but I’m guessing he’s not the possessed zombie-like Iron Fist killer yet.  I’m sure he’ll show up again, if not this season, then the next. 

It’s also good that we finally see Colleen in a sword fight.  I liked the Japanese sword style vs Chinese sword style bit.  I’m trying to think if I’ve ever seen that in live action before.

Claire’s interactions with Danny are better too.  I liked their scene on the plane.  I guess her job isn’t to patch up Danny’s wounds but to make sure he doesn’t lose control.  Great nod to Coleen’s time in the cage matches at the end of his duel.

I’m beginning to wonder if the Hand stuff is just a front for Madame Gao.

Liam

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »

Danny's actor badly needs to hit the gym.

scourge

• King Jaffe Joffer
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

Episode 8 complete and I still have no clue why Gao is running with the Hand for this series and wasn't as far as we could tell in Daredevil. If she was I think things would have been much different.

The fights this episode were the best one on one fights I think that I've seen so far on any of these Deffenders shows. Colleen in the cage was great but the sword fight even better. Was esp really into that drunken master fight.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 10:39:43 PM by scourge »

Bandido

• Sherman Klump
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 12:05:28 AM »

The fights this episode were the best one on one fights I think that I've seen so far on any of these Deffenders shows.

Whoa - Better than DD's fights with Nobu?

Detective AP

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 12:19:14 AM »

I think Iron Fist does martial arts battles better while Daredevil does street fights better.

Red Exodus

• Norbit
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »

Episode 5-6 are probably the best episodes of this trainwreck of a show. They
show you what the show could've been, SHOULD HAVE been, but instead...
well, we got what we got instead.

scourge

• King Jaffe Joffer
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »

I'm of a completely different opinion. Not that eps 5&6 aren't good, but rather I like this show.

Liam

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »

The fight with the Drunken Master was cool.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • Administrator
  • Axel Foley
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 07:24:06 PM »

Iron Fist needs a mask/costume ASAP. Action scenes suck because Finn Jones needs to be covered up. Colleen's scenes are so much better because she seems to have some experience so it's not as.much of an issue when it comes to fight choreography.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • The Big Mick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 08:18:55 PM »

Watching episode 6 now. Its getting better but Bride of Nine Spiders was a let down... A hot hot let down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5