Herochat

Iron Fist Episodes 1-4

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Fist Episodes 1-4
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 08:14:01 PM »
In his early appearances, Danny had a quick temper at times.  When he lost his cool, he lost it hard.

Guess so. I first got into him during the first Heroes for Hire, so I haven't read his early solo appearances.

I don't understand all the criticism. His fighting looks great to me, like he's not trying against random thugs. That's how it should look.

Yeah I have no complaints on that score.

Episode 2, where he was stuck in the looney bin, was the PERFECT episode to have him flashback and show his days in K'un L'un. I am assuming they are going to do it later in the series, but this was the ideal time to do so as not much else was going on, and it would get the origin, or at least most of it, out of the way.

Netflix could stand to learn a lot about pacing from Agents of SHIELD.

Overall, though, this is much better than it has been made out to be. I blame the SJWs who are all pissy about the casting.

And I like Howard Meachum. I don't find him boring. But maybe that's because I like the actor who plays him.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:30:01 PM by MTL76 »

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »
Yeah, he was Faramir in LOTR.  He's a decent actor.  Both he and Ward improve.

MTL76

• +1111/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:16 PM »
You know the scene in which Danny tells the shrink that he just spent the last fifteen years in a magical city in another dimension? It was played too straight, when it was actually pretty funny that Danny was talking himself into being committed. That scene would have worked much better with an Agents of SHIELD vibe. Agents of SHIELD is great at combining humor and gravity, at being funny without being silly.

I'm really glad the SJWs ignore Agents of SHIELD. They would have kittens at the idea of Daisy being back together with Ward in the Matrix. It would be "problematic."

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »
To the fighting:

The editing does this show no favors. The shots are too wide and long between cuts. You see the thugs sitting right outside the periphery, waiting to get chumped.

The scene with his parents in the plane he keeps flashing back to seems so finally flat. Lack of a compelling score, both parents just repeating the words, I love you, we love you... It seems lazy.

I do like Finn as Danny, he just seems to be playing two characters and not on purpose.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
Haven't watched yet, but yes... some critics came out against this show for NOT race swapping Danny to be Asian. Because it is somehow not completely racist to expect a master martial artist be Asian.

I've heard Shang Chi may cameo at some point, which makes the SJW crowd look even dumber. Marvel has two separate MA-focused heroes... and one is Asian. Making IF Asian is a pointless change.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 10:18:15 PM »
So far, no Shang-Chi.  As for the show, both the Hand and even K'un L'un seem to have a great deal of diversity.  The show really is not white washed at all.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 10:43:03 PM »
Ward reminds me of Justin long if he was rapidly aged by 15 years.

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 11:56:18 PM »
saw it
pretty good slow start

The fights were find. On part with some average action.  Think because it iron fist people expecting the Raid

but it is odd DD had just better fight scenes and ninja fight. When that iron fist main thing to whup ass. So far the chick had much better fight scenes.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »

If he was completely unlikable and a tool.

AP

• +51/-48
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 12:19:46 AM »

So then... Justin Long.  HEY-YOOOO!

therock

• +23/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:04 AM »

So then... Justin Long.  HEY-YOOOO!

Red Exodus

• +7/-19
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 01:10:25 AM »
First four episodes are fucking dogshit. Some bad acting, terrible pacing, a SEVERE lack of action,
and just being flat out boring.

Holy hell, at least Luke Cage had excellent acting and character interaction, as well as good
characters right off the bat, despite the lack of action that Daredevil and Jessica Jones had.

Very very very disappointed with this show's terrible beginning.

altoon

• +6/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 06:28:38 AM »
So far the only thing this show has going for it is Collen Wings. I hope the hand show up soon cause  Ward and his Dad are terrible villians.  Also to slow and emphasis on the corporate shit .

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 07:04:03 AM »
So far the only thing this show has going for it is Collen Wings. I hope the hand show up soon cause  Ward and his Dad are terrible villians.  Also to slow and emphasis on the corporate shit .

Agreed. She steals every scene she's in. The moment she's off-screen, the show becomes an interminable slog. WTB Colleen Wing show.

NeoGreenLantern

• +58/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »
Just started watching. That flip over the cab was rough looking.