Herochat

Kong vs Smaug

Not BAMF

• +6/-10
    • View Profile
Kong vs Smaug
« on: March 16, 2017, 03:18:53 PM »
It was an easy consensus that Godzilla would destroy Smaug, and it is a consensus that AS THEY CURRENTLY STAND (Quan), Godzilla would roll Kong.

So who wins the battle of these two monsters who can't match up to the Big G?

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
Re: Kong vs Smaug
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 03:29:54 PM »
What can Kong possibly do to Smaug, other than give him a headache from screaming as he burns to death?

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8312
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 03:43:22 PM »
Smaug.  I'm just going to use the he's smarter than Kong defense.  Because, it really does apply here!  That fucker can talk.  Cause, syllables matter.
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

DarthAlani

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 03:47:33 PM »
Smaug sadly.

Insane Titan

• +4/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »
Smaug toast him.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 04:15:07 PM »
Kong wins.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
Smaug is estimated to be between 20 and 25 meters long on the LOTR's official site. How big is the current iteration of Kong?

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 05:21:58 PM »
Smaug is estimated to be between 20 and 25 meters long on the LOTR's official site. How big is the current iteration of Kong?
100 feet or so.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
It was an easy consensus that Godzilla would destroy Smaug, and it is a consensus that AS THEY CURRENTLY STAND (Quan), Godzilla would roll Kong.

You reached an unproven conclusion but what's worse you tried taking Kong not fully grown to a current Zilla which is unfair to begin with. 

Maybe you like big dumb lizards who rely on instinct and cannot think for themselves while having baby arms.   Zilla is slow as molasses as well.  Speed matters.  Do you watch football ?  Why are you ignoring speed and strength in Kong ? 

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 05:30:52 PM »
100 feet or so.

So, substantially taller than Smaug is long, and more solidly built, Smaug being a long, lean creature. I suppose Smaug could gradually chip away at him with straffing runs, but if Kong can find something to throw at him, or can leap up and grab him, Smaug won't last long.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 05:34:50 PM »
100 feet or so.

So, substantially taller than Smaug is long, and more solidly built, Smaug being a long, lean creature. I suppose Smaug could gradually chip away at him with straffing runs, but if Kong can find something to throw at him, or can leap up and grab him, Smaug won't last long.
He was throwing trees like missiles.  He picks off Smaug easily.  This guy would beat the shit out of him.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +1/-4
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 05:38:35 PM »
while having baby arms.   

Godzilla appears to be based on powerful bipeds like t-rexes and terror-birds. Such creatures don't need forelimbs, as their legs and lower bodies are designed to thrust their heads forward with tremendous power. Primates are designed to grapple, which looks like it would be competitive, but has a proven record of just being, well, NOT competitive in terms of killing power. Hence primates being mainly herbivores who hide in trees, while t-rexes and terror-birds were dominant predators. It's hard to guess why at a glance, but grappling just flat out isn't as good in straight combat as having a lower body designed to thrust your head forward with tremendous power.

Not BAMF

• +6/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »

You reached an unproven conclusion but what's worse you tried taking Kong not fully grown to a current Zilla which is unfair to begin with. 

Maybe you like big dumb lizards who rely on instinct and cannot think for themselves while having baby arms.   Zilla is slow as molasses as well.  Speed matters.  Do you watch football ?  Why are you ignoring speed and strength in Kong ?

Pump the fucking brakes, Captain Illiteracy. I haven't posted a damn thing in the Kong/Godzilla threads other than to laugh at the thought of Kong fashioning weapons (and one earlier post to say that I didn't think a fight between them would have a conclusive winner). I have no horse in that fight. Maybe quit playing the victim for 8 seconds in your life and read some post histories. I'm no huge Godzilla fan.

I just came up with this idea because literally EVERYONE HERE BUT YOU thinks Godzilla would wreck the current iteration of Kong (whether that's fair because of Kong's age/development or not). Hell, I'm the one who postulated Godzilla/Smaug initially, and I didn't get all butthurt over that matchup getting laughed off the board. I just thought that if the board thought Godzilla was so far above both of them, I was curious to see who they thought would win a matchup between them.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Godzilla, Smaug, OR Kong. I just had a matchup thought.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:42:54 PM by Not BAMF »