Herochat

a study on how the media reports terrorist attacks

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
a study on how the media reports terrorist attacks
« on: March 15, 2017, 12:04:52 PM »
before you click..what do you think the percentage of attacks in muslim countries are. And how much of the LIBERAL FAR LEFT MEDIA (which I been told is all accept fox) reports on them in comparrsion to attacks by non muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzD8GQiW8M0&t=497s

Actully sur

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
Re: a study on how the media reports terrorist attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:30:07 PM »
The Young Turks needs to learn the concept of proportionality.

If Muslims make up about 1% of the US adult population, and are committing approximately 13% of terror attacks... That's noteworthy.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 12:42:14 PM »

If Muslims make up about 1% of the US adult population, and are committing approximately 13% of terror attacks... That's noteworthy.

That still means out of millions, that what about 12 attack at most

And the article basicly about the claim they don't reports on muslims attack. Your Going to get way more articles if it a muslim attack. It's a like given we been in conflict and bombing muslim countries for a while

If where talk plurality the news dedicated to them should be way lesd

MTL76

• +1109/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »
Not if the number of terror attacks committed by Muslims is way out of proportion to their population numbers.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

LiquidSailor

• +47/-146
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 12:59:43 PM »
Not if the number of terror attacks committed by Muslims is way out of proportion to their population numbers.

Yes. I've made this exact same argument. Just not with muslims.

DIGUSTING

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

See I dont know if its out of proportion even if you make that argument. When people try to make that argument with other groups..it tends because those groups have very high numbers..or numbers of crimes closer to the majaroty. maybe they do most of the crime. But pure terrorist attacks this a small number. The likelyhood of dieing in a terrorist attack no matter the race is low. The likelyhood of dieing in a muslim terrorist attack is VERY low

not to mention the low number of foreign born attackers and how much attention it gets. It not cause they arent groups that WANT to kill us. But that our vetting process actully pretty fucking good. Our way to make them part of our country, and mixed them in the melting pot is pretty good

Those percentage not just low by the "Well the majaroty are good, we cant punish them all" no that just a low number in generaly. Uniquly low. IF people were ask what they THINK the numbers were it be WAY bigger. And that not me bashing those people I thought it was bigger to

It kills the argument you sometimes see pop up. When ever there a report on a hate group there always people go on the right side

"Why dont you report on these muslim attacks. But you dont report on that because it doesnt fit the LEFT WING NARRATIVE" Then proceed to post artcles on it from right wing groups. Only to be shown that other news outlets actully did report on that

That kind of the the argument Trump made when he said the media doesnt report on them.  Turns out that BULLSHIT

now what you do with dealing with muslim terror attacks vs non muslim attacks when it comes to policing and policy is kind of a different argument. But the idea that [eople make that meda avoding reporting on them kind of crap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:09:06 PM by therock »

Snake-eyes

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:06 PM »

See I dont know if its out of proportion even if you make that argument. When people try to make that argument with other groups..it tends because those groups have very high numbers..or numbers of crimes closer to the majaroty. maybe they do most of the crime. But pure terrorist attacks this a small number. The likelyhood of dieing in a terrorist attack no matter the race is low. The likelyhood of dieing in a muslim terrorist attack is VERY low

not to mention the low number of foreign born attackers and how much attention it gets. It not cause they arent groups that WANT to kill us. But that our vetting process actully pretty fucking good. Our way to make them part of our country, and mixed them in the melting pot is pretty good

Those percentage not just low by the "Well the majaroty are good, we cant punish them all" no that just a low number in generaly. Uniquly low. IF people were ask what they THINK the numbers were it be WAY bigger. And that not me bashing those people I thought it was bigger to

It kills the argument you sometimes see pop up. When ever there a report on a hate group there always people go on the right side

"Why dont you report on these muslim attacks. But you dont report on that because it doesnt fit the LEFT WING NARRATIVE" Then proceed to post artcles on it from right wing groups. Only to be shown that other news outlets actully did report on that

That kind of the the argument Trump made when he said the media doesnt report on them.  Turns out that BULLSHIT

now what you do with dealing with muslim terror attacks vs non muslim attacks when it comes to policing and policy is kind of a different argument. But the idea that [eople make that meda avoding reporting on them kind of crap.

You don't know if 1% of the population being responsible for 13% of something is an example of things being out of proportion?

Do you even math?

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 01:15:42 PM »

You don't know if 1% of the population being responsible for 13% of something is an example of things being out of proportion?

Do you even math?

if your making the argument the news dont report on them yes..that is a low number. Turns out they DO report on them...a LOT. By a huge amount. And namely when that number is like a couple of dudes..then yes that kind of low.

less then attack then you got on your hand got sa huge amount of news. When other attacks dont

It seems terrorist attack in general are low...not even mentioning race or relegion
And muslims attack are extremly low..

So consider down it probally getting the amount of news it should, and more so. So the idea people not reporting on that shit do to some liberal agenda..kind of BS.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:17:20 PM by therock »

Snake-eyes

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
You may want to try reading MTL76's posts again, if that doesn't help, you can always ask him to clarify.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
You may want to try reading MTL76's posts again, if that doesn't help, you can always ask him to clarify.

naaa i read it

but please if you think I am ignoring something please tell.

Snake-eyes

• +5/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 02:17:01 PM »
If you don't understand his point, why don't you ask him. what is the point of asking a 3rd person to explain what he meant?

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
If you don't understand his point, why don't you ask him. what is the point of asking a 3rd person to explain what he meant?

No i understand the point. Your applying that I didnt read his point or missing it. Dont think I am. What is it YOU think I am missing.

if your answer is another non answer, I am just going to ignore you after

my point in case YOUR missing it

is the argument that people not reporting on terorrist..or under reporting mulsims terrorist..kind of bullshit according to the statistics

And when I say there a low numbers of attacks by muslims. I mean out of the millions its a couple of dudes in the past years. I mean not enough for a to create a good football team.  And for foreign born..not enopugh for even a starting line up

But even if one to say that a high percentage for their population and thus worthy of news to be reported on. TURNS ON..yes they are reporting on them...a LOT. They good a massive share of the new coverage. Namely considering the pluaraity of the attacks

Thus making the idea they dont report on it (due to some SJW..CUCKNESS) is pure bs. Thats the point of the link.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 03:46:25 PM »
How does it compare to reports on Anglo-Terrorists attacks?

I mean; if your 5000% over-represented for terrorists attacks......

Or to put it this way; as compared to the amount of terrorists attacks they make, are they 13x over-represented for that?

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »

It might actually be worse than that; it seemed like that was the statistic for "foreign-born" muslim terrorists.

So maybe better for native born but absolutely poor showing for them considering that I working under the assumption most muslims in the US are born here.

therock

• +20/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 03:54:13 PM »
How does it compare to reports on Anglo-Terrorists attacks?

I mean; if your 5000% over-represented for terrorists attacks......

Or to put it this way; as compared to the amount of terrorists attacks they make, are they 13x over-represented for that?

i dont know did you look at the clip. I ask because they did break it down into demographics

because if mean white dudes. From the attacks they actully make a good chunk of the attacks if you include shit like attacking abortions clincs and stuff. Least according to the study in that clip

Dont know if mass shootings included in that. if that consider a terroist attack or just being a crazy asshole

It might actually be worse than that; it seemed like that was the statistic for "foreign-born" muslim terrorists.

So maybe better for native born but absolutely poor showing for them considering that I working under the assumption most muslims in the US are born here.

No it was for BOTH

native, 12 percent

Foreign born is 5 percent