Godzilla vs Adult Skullcrawler

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
  • Eternia’s Greatest Nemesis
    • View Profile
Re: Godzilla vs Adult Skullcrawler
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »
The films. Watch them.
Godzilla doesn't seem very strong to his peers in the film.  He killed the bigger one when distracted and his breath down the mouth and the smaller one with his tail.  Not impressed with his strength at all.

DarthAlani

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
Godzilla was overpowering the female MUTO one on one.

Your bias towards your pet characters is seriously pathetic.

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »
Again the only two threats are the adult skullcrawler and Kong and not much either. Everything else gets wiped pretty easy.
Not if they all converge at or around the same time.  Based off what aren't they much threats when the smaller MUTO was clearly a threat. 
So they "converge at the same time" pulling one of their classic team maneuvers?

You are grasping at straws on a level I haven't seen in weeks. You think Kong is going to throw the Skullcrawler for a fastball special? The Skullcrawler couldn't even rip out Kong's throat when he had the advantage. He couldn't even kill Kong when he KOed him when he first showed up.

Skullcrawler brings nothing whatsoever to the table to affect the fight in any meaningful way. His best hope is Godzilla leaving out of sheer boredom so he gets a battlefield removal win.

You're operating on the fumes of desperation at this point.
I am saying when two enemies came at Zilla he was crushed.  He couldn't even counter attack and had no answer.  That's undeniable so saying I am desperate when that's a clearly observable fact when watching the scene is odd.  Now they scattered when the government got involved with her shit. 

No, I don't think Kong throws the Skullcrawler.  I think when these giant monsters all attack Zilla he's going to go down hard.  Kong is smarter and resourceful unlike Zilla who is instinctive and much, much, much slower. 
Either of the MUTO would do the same to that island.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2017, 04:11:08 PM »
Again the only two threats are the adult skullcrawler and Kong and not much either. Everything else gets wiped pretty easy.
Not if they all converge at or around the same time.  Based off what aren't they much threats when the smaller MUTO was clearly a threat. 
So they "converge at the same time" pulling one of their classic team maneuvers?

You are grasping at straws on a level I haven't seen in weeks. You think Kong is going to throw the Skullcrawler for a fastball special? The Skullcrawler couldn't even rip out Kong's throat when he had the advantage. He couldn't even kill Kong when he KOed him when he first showed up.

Skullcrawler brings nothing whatsoever to the table to affect the fight in any meaningful way. His best hope is Godzilla leaving out of sheer boredom so he gets a battlefield removal win.

You're operating on the fumes of desperation at this point.
I am saying when two enemies came at Zilla he was crushed.  He couldn't even counter attack and had no answer.  That's undeniable so saying I am desperate when that's a clearly observable fact when watching the scene is odd.  Now they scattered when the government got involved with her shit. 

No, I don't think Kong throws the Skullcrawler.  I think when these giant monsters all attack Zilla he's going to go down hard.  Kong is smarter and resourceful unlike Zilla who is instinctive and much, much, much slower. 
Either of the MUTO would do the same to that island.
No way.  Any of these chumps show up solo to the island they are getting buried there.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
The films. Watch them.
I actually understood them. 

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:44 PM »
Godzilla was overpowering the female MUTO one on one.

Your bias towards your pet characters is seriously pathetic.
He got worked until the female was distracted then he killed her.  Pitiful. 

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2017, 04:16:05 PM »
Buried by whom? Both MUTOs and Godzilla individually withstood more than ANYTHING on that island could dish out and they dished out more than anything on that island can take.

Your entire argument is built on the idea that everything will work together to defeat Godzilla and there's no reason whatsoever to believe that would happen because nothing in the entire Skull Island film supports it.

Skull Island doesn't have enough in the tank to even stagger Godzilla. Maybe if Kong has nearly 50 years of steady growth that will change, but as of now? Their best possible hope would be him getting bored and going back to sleep in the ocean.

Insane Titan

• +6/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2017, 04:33:12 PM »
Kong was that weak he needed a weapon to gain the edge on the skullcrawler and the humans distracting it, fucking weak.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
Buried by whom? Both MUTOs and Godzilla individually withstood more than ANYTHING on that island could dish out and they dished out more than anything on that island can take.

Your entire argument is built on the idea that everything will work together to defeat Godzilla and there's no reason whatsoever to believe that would happen because nothing in the entire Skull Island film supports it.

Skull Island doesn't have enough in the tank to even stagger Godzilla. Maybe if Kong has nearly 50 years of steady growth that will change, but as of now? Their best possible hope would be him getting bored and going back to sleep in the ocean.
Nah. Godzilla was ko'd when a building fell on him.  A very brief fight also caused him to pass after winning. 

So when everyone said he'd crush the island they don't all fight him at once.  Seems like a cop out to me. 

False.  Knocking him into a mountain could probably ko Godzilla or just making him fight for an extended period of time.  Given how slow he is they'd be all over him and he'd be too slow to react.  He was too slow to react to two slower Mutos.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »
Kong was that weak he needed a weapon to gain the edge on the skullcrawler and the humans distracting it, fucking weak.
Kong was injured prior to their fight by napalm so he wasn't even one hundred percent pre fight.  He won despite protecting the human skank with one arm.  He also picked up his peer and throw him into a mountain.  Zilla passed out after winning.  Weak.

XerxesTWD

• +107/-27
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2017, 08:22:47 PM »

Nah. Godzilla was ko'd when a building fell on him.  A very brief fight also caused him to pass after winning. 

So when everyone said he'd crush the island they don't all fight him at once.  Seems like a cop out to me. 

False.  Knocking him into a mountain could probably ko Godzilla or just making him fight for an extended period of time.  Given how slow he is they'd be all over him and he'd be too slow to react.  He was too slow to react to two slower Mutos.
Nobody on Skull Island demonstrated the strength or body weight to knock Godzilla around at all, let alone into a mountain for some hopeful KO you've drastically oversimplified in your head.

You are the one arguing Skull Island's inhabitants could somehow unite to fight Godzilla. You just need to show us why that has any plausibility.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Nobody on Skull Island demonstrated the strength or body weight to knock Godzilla around at all, let alone into a mountain for some hopeful KO you've drastically oversimplified in your head.

You are the one arguing Skull Island's inhabitants could somehow unite to fight Godzilla. You just need to show us why that has any plausibility.
Kong tossed the skull crawler into a mountain.  To act like he couldn't knock him into a mountain when the smaller MUTO was is reaching.  The big skull crawler's tail also knocked Kong a considerable distance. 

So you don't believe Godzilla can withstand them acting as a group.  I definitely agree. 

NeoGreenLantern

• +101/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2017, 08:50:21 PM »
The smaller muto was still twice the size of Kong.

HalloweenJack

• +43/-10
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »

jeez dude, Kong's not done growing!

Quan_the_Antagonist

• +8/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Point is smaller monsters can hurt Zilla.  You act as if I'm talking about someone forty feet tall.  Undeniable.