Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Samurai Jack: Spoilers  (Read 416 times)

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Jack: Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:42:56 AM »

I've actually heard that from some overseas Army buddies.

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 04:47:04 AM »

You dont have Cartoon Network? That blows.

I have cartoon Network on ondemand and I haven't seen it post yet. 

My brother said it was pretty good.  I'd let them know about it once I saw the post.

Jack lost his sword and Aku doesn't know. And Jack, taking out the Sammy Davis Jr. Bot's phone, wants to keep it that way because...well, Aku can probably decide to just find Jack and kill him now.
Aku can spy on Jack anytime he wants, so he should be able to figure it out on his own.  Though right now it's unclear where Aku even is, since the cult keeps talking about him like he's been away for while. 

I'm also wondering since there's been a 50-year time-skip if we're going to see an older crotchety Scotsman at all.

Ah, but the voice of Mako is legendary.  He is greatly missed. 

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2017, 04:53:02 AM »

have cartoon Network on ondemand and I haven't seen it post yet. 
Hope you get to see it soon. I wanna hear what you think.

Dlbiininja

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2017, 05:04:34 AM »

have cartoon Network on ondemand and I haven't seen it post yet. 
Hope you get to see it soon. I wanna hear what you think.

Let ya know once I do.

Bandido

• Stonemason
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 01:42:00 AM »

Holy Balls this episode was good!

SPOILERS

Jack killing one of the daughters of Aku was brutal, thought it was a straight up decapitation at first. The show foreshadowed it with Jack having a argument with himself earlier about the hunters always being robots - Speaking of, Jack implied that's why he always finds a way, Robots suck, the Daughters of Aku waited for Jack to expose himself, they played him out, they also hurt him, each one able to give him a fight and together overwhelm him. Even killing the daughter with the sword at the end, he got stabbed and had to use the sonic dagger he looted from the Robot in the last episode in order to destroy the temple they were fighting in and get away by falling into a river, bleeding. He goes full Predator mode next ep judging from the previews, threatening the daughters to turn back, or, "...face your destiny."

Highlights: Jack's refusal to give up on himself, even when his own voice is telling him to just go die! Jack running through the rain. The fighting in the dark, where weapons clanging illuminated the fight! The tension built as Jack hides in the tomb, with the glow-bug buzzing as the daughters search for him.

I'm interested to see how killing living beings effects Jack's will to fight Aku. Especially considering his crisis of hope with his own inner voice earlier.

This was an incredible episode. Please watch this.

Propeus The Fallen

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »

Also, we found out about Aku.

He's become a recluse. He destroyed all the time portals and decided to wait Jack out, just out live him. But the time displacement has left Jack immortal, and Aku has become depressed that he probably will never be free of Jack. But he is handling it much more positively than Jack as he is giving him self (literally) therapy lessons.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »

Aku's morning wake up reminded me of a Spongebob episode.

Things got way serious after that, though. So far this is not disappointing.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »

ALL of the portals? Haven't watched the new stuff yet, but in the old series, there was that one time portal guarded by a guy that Jack couldn't defeat. The guy sent Jack off but saw a future where Jack would be better trained and ready for the portal.

Did Aku get even THAT portal, or is there just a blanket statement that they're all gone?

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

Bandido

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 11:46:13 PM »

ALL of the portals? Haven't watched the new stuff yet, but in the old series, there was that one time portal guarded by a guy that Jack couldn't defeat. The guy sent Jack off but saw a future where Jack would be better trained and ready for the portal.

Did Aku get even THAT portal, or is there just a blanket statement that they're all gone?

They don't explain the "Jack and the Portal Guardian", portal. Of course they didn't look this far ahead. Because Jack hasn't aged as that vision foresaw.

Master Tolkien

• Global Moderator
  • Crisis Actor
  • I write about dragons. Bitches love dragons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 01:20:10 AM »

Hmmm, fair enough. So the portal guardian maybe saw a false/alternate future. Or maybe that vision will come true... somehow.

Of the 10 villains, so far as things of this nature can be remembered going back afore the days the board crashes, 9 filled with dread and cursed in vain at the sight of Master.

Bandido

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 02:11:16 AM »

That could be a vision of him after already making it back.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 04:33:29 AM »

Hmmm, fair enough. So the portal guardian maybe saw a false/alternate future. Or maybe that vision will come true... somehow.
This reminds me of 'Charmed', where theyd seen (or been to) a future where Prue was alive, yet she was killed off a couple years later.

scourge

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 04:59:06 PM »

Damn.

Very well done.

How about that sound work? I mean I've never been moved to say that from a show, but it added another layer of beauty to the whole thing.

I'm into this more ongoing format. The theme of Aku/the Future/Jack wanting to get home was there in all previous episodes but each more or less seemed to stand on it's own or reference something that had happened and build a single episode to follow up on it. This though, we have ongoing threads, Jack's nightmares, the 7 daughters and the one that stands out from the other, the wolf. That right there is what looks to be at least another two main characters of interest, at least one of which I suspect will be joining up with Jack. I would have said that about the other sister as well but after Jack killed one of them, I don't see her coming around to his side, at least not anytime soon. Still, Jack riding a dire wolf into battle is something I'm looking forward to.
Four things to consider--

1) Bernie Sanders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YBUZNfbJnp4

2) H2H Character Rankings
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=11777.0

3) Master's words of wisdom
http://herochat.com/index.php?topic=12692.msg267150#msg267150

4) Getting involved in local politics

Bandido

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 10:39:45 PM »

Jack and the Wolf being in on analogous journeys through the universe is very, Claremont Wolverine esque to me. Love it. I also like how toothless Aku is now, he appetite is saitied, and he's just as tired of fighting as Jack.

Bandido

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »

So...

All the daughters of Aku maybe dead. At least 6 of 7 are, not sure about the chain-flail wielding one.

After the end of the previous episode, they track him through blood patches in the wilderness. He hide in a cave where has another argument with his conscious, revealing he's never killed a human before. And his passing out, a scene earlier was due to the trauma of killing a human, not pulling the knife out of his stomach. This leads to a dream Jack has, remembering a a time as a kid where he saw his dad slaughter some bandits who attacked their family carriage. That's where he got the line, "... leave now, or face your destiny." He stitches himself back together with a thorn bark (Like a hoss). While Jackwas in the cave, he and the Wolf find each other and bond. The Wolf keeps Jack warm during the winter. The daughter of Aku have never seen other life forms before, they run across a doe and are perplexed as to what it is, when they see the buck they associate the horns with Aku and are disturbed when the buck doesn't kill the doe and instead bonds with it.

Shortly thereafter Jack drops his ultimatum and when they chose to fight, he kills two of them instantly. They fight it out unto an overhanging log where Jack re-centers himself and appears to kill the final three daughters hth.

Highlights: The art and coloring when Jack is shown in the cave, outlined in blood veins and the Wolf shows up the same. They have a moment of understanding, both wounded and tired. - The violence, from Jack killing the daughters to his dad cutting up the bandits splattering blood on little kid Jack. The final Daughter cursing Jack as she's hanging on to her chain, wrapped around Jack's hand as he looks both tired and regretful as he unwraps the chain from his arm without saying a word. Wow.
Pages: 1 [2]