Herochat

Samurai Jack: Spoilers

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
Samurai Jack: Spoilers
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:55:33 AM »
The animation is a thing of wonder! Those shots of a silhouette of Jack in the rain, great stuff! Nice seeing the 3D animation blend fluidly with the traditional 2D.

Aku has a cult that births disciples to honor and serve him.
Jack has guns and a sick motorcycle. He has not aged as a side effect of time displacement.
He's haunted by vision of his family berating him for abandoning them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:59:34 AM by Bandido »

Re: Samurai Jack: Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
Yeah.

Jack's losing it as he's seeing visions of his father and all the innocent people he hasn't been able to save because he hasn't stopped Aku.

Jack lost his sword and Aku doesn't know. And Jack, taking out the Sammy Davis Jr. Bot's phone, wants to keep it that way because...well, Aku can probably decide to just find Jack and kill him now.

The daughters of Aku are trained sisters (even see their births) since birth to kill Jack believing he's a force of evil.

Bandido

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »
Any theories on who the oni masked rider in Jack's visions may be?

Also, wonder how the daughters plan to res Aku...

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
I totally missed it.  Going to have to look it up Ondemand
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »
I hope I can manage to stream this.

Bandido

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 02:08:40 AM »
Hulu has a CN channel I think

Accel

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
Jack lost his sword and Aku doesn't know. And Jack, taking out the Sammy Davis Jr. Bot's phone, wants to keep it that way because...well, Aku can probably decide to just find Jack and kill him now.
Aku can spy on Jack anytime he wants, so he should be able to figure it out on his own.  Though right now it's unclear where Aku even is, since the cult keeps talking about him like he's been away for while. 

I'm also wondering since there's been a 50-year time-skip if we're going to see an older crotchety Scotsman at all.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:05 PM »
I think I saw the Scotsman in a trailer. He was old and in a wheelchair, I think?

And maybe Aku is just busy now. I mean, wasn't he expanding his empire out of earth at one point?

Bandido

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 02:58:35 PM »
I remembering that wasn't even the only planet he had. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 04:51:08 PM »
When in doubt...google Samurai Jack wiki.

Here's what I found in the Aku section:

Hungry for more power, Aku established the Earth as a space-faring world, opening his ports to surrounding worlds in order to plunder and conquer worlds beyond as well. The influx of aliens, ranging from enslaved species to rough immigrants, have made the Earth a hodge-podge of a dystopian society primarily run by tyrants and gangs. The few bastions of peace and hope typically remain out of Aku's wide field of vision.

Okay, so yeah. He has expanded his reach off-world.

Crab Master

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 09:22:07 PM »
Any theories on who the oni masked rider in Jack's visions may be?

Also, wonder how the daughters plan to res Aku...

Maybe the masked rider is just the representation of Aku's tyranny over the past, present, and future. Or just some mook like the slavers from the very first episode.

And I can't wait to see what the Daughters of Aku can do.

Toilet Bunny

• +44/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »
Hulu has a CN channel I think

It is and Hulu hates anyone who isn't American, apparently.

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8299
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 12:47:04 AM »
You dont have Cartoon Network? That blows.

I have cartoon Network on ondemand and I haven't seen it post yet. 

My brother said it was pretty good.  I'd let them know about it once I saw the post.

Aku can spy on Jack anytime he wants, so he should be able to figure it out on his own.  Though right now it's unclear where Aku even is, since the cult keeps talking about him like he's been away for while. 

I'm also wondering since there's been a 50-year time-skip if we're going to see an older crotchety Scotsman at all.

Ah, but the voice of Mako is legendary.  He is greatly missed. 

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8299
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
have cartoon Network on ondemand and I haven't seen it post yet. 
Hope you get to see it soon. I wanna hear what you think.

Let ya know once I do.

Bandido

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 09:42:00 PM »
Holy Balls this episode was good!

SPOILERS

Jack killing one of the daughters of Aku was brutal, thought it was a straight up decapitation at first. The show foreshadowed it with Jack having a argument with himself earlier about the hunters always being robots - Speaking of, Jack implied that's why he always finds a way, Robots suck, the Daughters of Aku waited for Jack to expose himself, they played him out, they also hurt him, each one able to give him a fight and together overwhelm him. Even killing the daughter with the sword at the end, he got stabbed and had to use the sonic dagger he looted from the Robot in the last episode in order to destroy the temple they were fighting in and get away by falling into a river, bleeding. He goes full Predator mode next ep judging from the previews, threatening the daughters to turn back, or, "...face your destiny."

Highlights: Jack's refusal to give up on himself, even when his own voice is telling him to just go die! Jack running through the rain. The fighting in the dark, where weapons clanging illuminated the fight! The tension built as Jack hides in the tomb, with the glow-bug buzzing as the daughters search for him.

I'm interested to see how killing living beings effects Jack's will to fight Aku. Especially considering his crisis of hope with his own inner voice earlier.

This was an incredible episode. Please watch this.