Herochat

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
It's fun.  Every battle takes some time, though.  Unless you severely out level the enemy.
Gitting gud with Blade combos helps a lot, and apparently Driver combos help even more
But honestly how’s the gameplay? I’ve got 4 or 5 games for my switch and this is the only thing I foresee coming out soon that seems remotely interesting.

I never played any of the other xeno games, but did see a roommate back in the day play, or rather watch 62 hours of cutscenes from one of them on the ps2 I believe.
I'm in the same boat as you, and I really like it

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 09:31:54 AM »
The gameplay and combat in Chronicles X was overwhelmingly superior to Xenoblade Chronicles. The story in XC was good, but playing it often felt like a chore, even when it was Reyn Time. XCX had a more interesting story that wasn't executed as well and better get finished or I'm going to cry or something.

The combat in this is also much better than the first Chronicles.

LiquidSailor

• +50/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 04:27:17 AM »
The gameplay and combat in Chronicles X was overwhelmingly superior to Xenoblade Chronicles. The story in XC was good, but playing it often felt like a chore, even when it was Reyn Time. XCX had a more interesting story that wasn't executed as well and better get finished or I'm going to cry or something.

My main issue with the combat in X was the stupid long cooldowns on the skills required to break, topple, etc.  And also the limited number of characters that had those abilities.  That being a key mechanic in doing damage to things and not having every fight be a damn chore is what brought it down a lot for me.  Obviously less of an issue in your Skell but alas not every fight can be in a Skell.

Oh and they will never come back to the story and we will never know shit ever.

DIGUSTING

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 09:12:31 AM »
I picked it up yesterday and haven’t even left the first island. I’m just scavenging and leveling. I’m never gonna beat this game.

Ditto

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 08:44:53 PM »
14 hours in and I just finished chapter 2. This is gonna be persona 5 all over again.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-577
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:47 PM »

Xenoblade 2 is outselling both Mario Odyssey and fucking Rocket League on the eShop***, and while admittedly both have been out for longer, no other fucking game has been able to do that, not even Skyrim, and those are the only three to dethrone Stardew Valley

I am really hoping for a Chronicles X port at the bare minimum, because Bayonetta 1 and 2 are coming, and every Wii U port so far has done extremely well, and I really hope more are to come

***eShop seems to do daily or bi-weekly sales to determine their Best Sellers, and those are NTSC (vague) stats. In fucking PAL Skyrim was #1 ahead of even Odyssey and Rocket League. Don't know about X2 numbers until cray tells me what his eShop says

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 12:14:28 AM »
I'd play XCX again in a heartbeat. I got 100% in that game outside of the hardest bosses. I got too busy to give it the time you need.

LiquidSailor

• +50/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 06:24:51 AM »
I'd play it again if:

1.  They let me transfer my saves

2.  They finish the fucking story

DIGUSTING

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
I forgot this game will have DLC all through 2018...

LiquidSailor

• +50/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 07:19:49 AM »
Ah, well that's good to hear.

Too bad they didn't do that with Chonicles X to FINISH THE FUCKING STORY

DIGUSTING

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:01 AM »

That would have been stupid as fuck. The story continuation deserves a full length game.

LiquidSailor

• +50/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 10:00:59 AM »

That would have been stupid as fuck. The story continuation deserves a full length game.

Yea and we will never get it.  That's not how these Xeno titles work.  They gave up on that shit after XenoSaga didnt work as intended.

DIGUSTING

XerxesTWD

• +54/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 10:19:53 AM »

Yea and we will never get it.  That's not how these Xeno titles work.  They gave up on that shit after XenoSaga didnt work as intended.
Maybe it will be different with Nintendo taking a more active role in financially securing AAA content now. You can tide yourself over with angry fanfiction in the meantime.

LiquidSailor

• +50/-149
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »
Guy my fanfiction involves Shulk and Melia being together.

DIGUSTING