Herochat

Logan aka Jesus christ, everyone gets stabbed in the face

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Logan aka Jesus christ, everyone gets stabbed in the face
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »
IDK character growth? Wolverine goes from sort of a dick who hates himself to a little bit less  of a dick. From reluctant to help to willing to help and care if I'm being less catty in my appraisal. And it is good to see. Though I think that's been his arc in every single Wolverine movie and in the fist X movie. Better here than in those previous entries but still pretty standard stuff on that front. Xavier was a really great and unique take on the character tho.

I'm a bit biased as Wolverine is my fave but even as a mute I thought the little girl had a Stranger Things like performance. Primal rage, and she had a nice little character arc. Did not feel like a somewhat tired hero film at all.

Also a big Wolverine fan and this is def the best we've seen him in live action.

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 02:19:25 PM »
I know they don't address it in the movie, bu do they ever mention in the comics if Laura's bones can grow? I mean 6 months from now her bones will be too small for her.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 03:32:52 PM »
They gave her adamantium? I figured they would just leave her with bone claws until adulthood, had she remained their slave. If they gave her adamantium at that age, they were idiots.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »
I know they don't address it in the movie, bu do they ever mention in the comics if Laura's bones can grow? I mean 6 months from now her bones will be too small for her.

In the comics, only her claws are coated in adamantium, not her entire skeleton. I assumed it was the same here although I wasn't looking out too closely for it when they showed the medical documentation from her adamantium bonding.

Cheers.

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »
How long to the political shame-ists tie this to people trying flee America to land of golden maple syrup?

DarthAlani

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 05:19:14 PM »
Great fucking film. Best comic film since the Dark Knight.

Dlbiininja

• +15/-8298
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 09:10:40 PM »
Just got back.  This shit is way better than any other Wolverine movie..  I would have no regrets going to see this again.  The story, effects, pacing all this shit tied in nicely.  Laura was a brutal lil piece of shit.  The kid played her role well.  Logan as the crotchety I can't help you cause I'm a mopey old dude.  Went well.  His changes through the movie were a plus. 

They gave her adamantium? I figured they would just leave her with bone claws until adulthood, had she remained their slave. If they gave her adamantium at that age, they were idiots.
I was wondering that as well as I left the theater.  I was like that bitch is gonna be a tinykin all her fucking life.  At least she's a teen in the comics.

Spoiler
At a one point they show them doing a med procedure to n her.  I figured they might've been swabbing an adamantium coating like veneer.   
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 01:41:20 AM »
I'll see it tonight.  I have high hopes.

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »
Saw Logan.  Decent flick and a good send off for Wolverine (although I wanted a better ending for Xavier and it disturbed me to see Xavier/Patrick Stewart say fuck).  Didn't care much for Wolverine-Clone, loved the action, loved X23, and the movie obviously sets up ... Excalibur  I mean, they already have Rictor and X-23, then they talk about how the "New Mutants" are a "Force".  Definitely Excalibur.

Also, we didn't get the damn Deadpool 2 teaser.

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:08 AM »
New Mutants and Excalibur are two dif teams

Panthergod

• +35/-72
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:55 AM »
hes joking. Rictor was the leader of the nids .

Toilet Bunny

• +42/-47
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2017, 09:36:47 AM »
New Mutants and Excalibur are two dif teams
hes joking. Rictor was the leader of the nids .

scourge

• +20/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
oh thanks fellas, n0w i kno3

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »
It's very interesting to see the dichotomy between non-comic, serious movie reviewers that have no loyalty or allegiance to the source material singing praises yet hardcore nerds saying meh.

This is clearly a GENERATION defining film and Jackman and Stewart's performance is reminiscient of Sir Lawrence OLIVIER and DDL.

HalloweenJack

• +11/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
did you like the movie Gree?

anyways, didn't see this due to being let down by the other Wolverine movies, but given the good word of mouth I may go see this next weekend