Herochat

Middle-earth: Shadow of War

XerxesTWD

• +63/-18
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »
I'd like if they added some Legend of Zelda amiibos to this game. Werewolf Link would be amazing for fortress raids, amirite u gaiz?
Ohhh shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiit

NeoGreenLantern

• +71/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
I know that was a joke but yeah that would be awesome actually.

Kallor

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 11:11:36 AM »
Light arrow into Sauron's eye ftw.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »
Anyone else seriously underwhelmed with the graphics

Master

• +37/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 11:54:54 AM »
I'm whelmed.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »
New trailer. Basically just story/cutscenes with a little gameplay.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-new-shadow-of-war-trailer-throws-a-tolkienesque-kit-1795926940

Is that Shelob taking a human form?

MTL76

• +1116/-11
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2017, 09:28:06 AM »
Can you play as the Orks, and wage a campaign to rid Middle-Earth of all of the authoritarian Hobbit and Elven filth, then establish a secular Orkish republic based on the principles of individual liberty, equality and plurality?

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Uhtceare

• +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »
Can you play as the Orks, and wage a campaign to rid Middle-Earth of all of the authoritarian Hobbit and Elven filth, then establish a secular Orkish republic based on the principles of individual liberty, equality and plurality?

Wasn't there a Russian novel with that premise?

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
Finally got this. Act 1 was a fucking chore... slogging through lame shit to regain all the powers Talion had at the end of the last game.

Now I’m finally back to dominating Orcs and building an army, which is fun. I like collecting captains, setting a bodyguard, completing challenges to eliminate enemies or rank up my orcs, etc. This game plays SUPER LOOSE with Tolkien lore (compared to the liberties taken in the first game). Will hopefully be killing the Witch King and riding dragons soon.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:01:38 AM by Master »

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »
Riding drakes is a blast. Capturing my first Region and raiding a fortress were also really fun.

But in the next regions I can’t bring my bodyguard captain with me? Guuuuuuuhhhhhhh.... so each region is just a different looking repeat of level up, dominate captains and war chiefs, and then raid the fortress? The fortress stuff is great, but I wish I could get to it quicker.

Minas Morgul looks promising, as you have to fight the Nazgul... but those missions seem locked for now. Ah well.

Nemesis system is fantastic. I had a powerful captain Ronk the Poisoner who tried to betray me by ambusing me during a mission to draw out a war chief. I beat him up and dominated his mind again without blowing the mission. As punishment, I put him in the fighting pits over and over again until he finally died, earning me lots of loot along the way.

So later on he pops up randomly to say he’s back from the dead AND betraying me again... because I left him to die in the fight pits. I try to dominate him again, but now his will cannot he dominated. He can also now rapidly adapt defenses to all of my attacks. I ended up killing him by cleaving his body in half at the waist.

If this guy comes back again, I’ll probably need a fucking drake or graug to kill him.

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 06:21:20 PM »
No return of Ronk yet, but I am liking the main quests in this game. Helping the forest spirit Maiar fight the Balrog was fun. The Bruz/Ratbag stuff is nothing crazy great, but it is entertaining.

Galadriel’s elf assassin is neat... if only because I know the new expansion centers on her. And another expansion in May where go to Harard? As a normal Gondorian captain who cannot resurrect? Sign me up for that. I want to see the nemesis system play out in a different way. Guess you’ll have to recruit Easterlings through force? Maybe hiring troops through the market?

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 02:55:18 PM »
So seems like I’m not crazy and most agree/realize that oddly the graphics can be inferior to SOM. Kind of shocking and upsetting for a big visuals guy like myself, particularly the character models of Talion. You’d think they’d focus on maximizing the potential

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 06:44:15 AM »
Yeah, the graphics seem to be equivalent to SoM... and sometimes not as crisp. But hey, I’ll take better gameplay over better graphics. And the gameplay here is improved (not huge improvements, but it is better).

Fortress defense is pretty damn fun, especially since you can make customizations to your defense just like you can to offense. I wish you could control the direction your assault leaders travel... as that would really help add to the strategy of an assault. But orcs are not known for being super strategic military units. They are known for overwhelming with brute force.

Also I have noticed that several captains might betray you at once in a rebellion (rebellion actually flashes on the screen). I read online this can happen if your region is too peaceful. So now I leave a handful of enemy captains alive in each region.

Had a shaking go bad and turned a level 40 enemy captain into a level 53 maniac. I’m still at 39, so it’s a bit worrying depending on if he’s gained some new immunities.

Gree

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:49 PM »
Is there any obvious reason you see for the game being rated less

Master

• +37/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
Rated less than SoM? I’d say SoM is very good game that got over-rated as a great game due to (1) the nemesis system being so novel and (2) its basis in Lord of the Rings.

So now that newness of nemesis has worn off, the sequel isn’t being rated as high despite making some improvements.

I’m into the Shadow Wars now. Very interesting ending act here. I won’t give away details that could be ultra spoilery, but I like having the Raise the Dead ability.