Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« on: February 27, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
I'll get to fight a Balrog and defend Minas Ithil/Morgul? Sign me up.

I just hope the games boss battles are better in the endgame than the first game.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »
Great chi, very excite

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-16-minutes-of-middle-earth-shadow-of-war-gam/1100-6448521/

Gameplay trailer looks great. Some tweaks to the combat system, but now there's some RTS involved. You can actually mold an army of orcs together with different traits/strengths/weaknesses for defending territories and conquering territories. Looks like close to a dozen territories involved, and apparently each territory will be randomly generate unique overlords and defenses to face.

Judging from the one overlord fight shown, they have put more thought into boss fights. Hopefully the endgame is solid because the weakest part of Shadow of Mordor were the final boss fights... which were hardly fights at all.

Also, I want to ride a flying fire drake and burn everything to the ground.

Crab Master

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »
Looks promising.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:50 AM »
One of the producers says that players start off in Gondor, so the first few missions are in the world of men where you learn about fortress hierarchy. Then you apply that as you go back to conquering Mordor and the surrounding territories. Guy also said that once in Mordor, you can attempt conquering territories in any order, even though the locations differ in difficulty based on proximity to Baradur.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 10:26:02 AM »
More info that came from a live-stream with the developers:

- roughly 100 unlockable skills
- you CANNOT brand enemies that have a significantly higher level than you
- drakes can normally only be branded once you knock their health down a bit
- you can save your allies when they are dying... if you don't, they may come back as enemies
- if you fail an assault or fail a defense, some of your captains/overlords may die or be captured... if captured, you get an optional mission to rescue them which can increase their loyalty if you save them
- the gameplay trailer shows the deadshot spy orc captain save you from getting killed... the game will give you the option to choose to save yourself (quick time event) or to have one of your captains attempt a rescue
- very loyal captains may rush in to help you without being asked... captains with low loyalty may wait for opportune moments to betray you during a mission/defense/siege
- orcs will sometimes have loyalties and rivalries with each other before you get involved... if you make one of your captains fight former allies, it will make them unhappy
- there will be different classes of orcs to mix things up... necromancers, beast masters, assassins, destroyers, tricksters, terrors, maurauders, and marksman
- necromancers can raise dead enemies during battle (no confirmation if they can raise dead captains/warchiefs/overlords)
- you can now use different melee weapons (sword, spear, and war hammer mentioned so far)... the spear was described as being used for heavy strikes

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 04:09:29 PM »
I remember how much I loved this game. Until someone broke into my bougey apartment in Philly and stole my PS4 containing my SOM. Bastards

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 04:54:29 PM »
I hope saved data from the first transfers over. Bring some of my War Chiefs over. Had one guy with a cross bow that shot explosive arrows that just murdered everyone.

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »

XerxesTWD

• +49/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:34 PM »
I hope saved data from the first transfers over. Bring some of my War Chiefs over. Had one guy with a cross bow that shot explosive arrows that just murdered everyone.
I'd like to see a game that penalizes you if you played the first one.

Like if you die in the game you die in real life.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »
I'd like to see a game that penalizes you if you played the first one.

Like if you die in the game you die in real life.
But you'd be so fucking dead, doe

Master

• +34/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2017, 07:03:13 AM »
I'd like if they added some Legend of Zelda amiibos to this game. Werewolf Link would be amazing for fortress raids, amirite u gaiz?

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
I'd like if they added some Legend of Zelda amiibos to this game. Werewolf Link would be amazing for fortress raids, amirite u gaiz?
Never tell me the odds!

(Do you like me again now?)

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2017, 09:30:14 AM »
But legit, if this was on Switch, Mario, Link and SAMUS captains should be mandatory