Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Has comics gone to far?  (Read 1291 times)

The Captain

• Mystery
    • View Profile
Re: Has comics gone to far?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 05:33:04 PM »

Didn't Wolverine along with Thor, Spider-Man etc....all get hulked out for a storyline?

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »

Primary Adamantium cannot be broken in the same manner.

I don't buy that 'indestructible' tag one bit. Anything can be broken, its just a matter of going high enough up the food chain.

The Destroyer and Cap's Shield are tougher than Adamantium (IMO) and those have been damaged.

If Adamantium was 'all that' then EVERY single advanced civilization would be using it for EVERYTHING. But apparently every advanced civilization in Marvel uses inferior metallurgy including the Celestials.

Most Adamantium that has been damaged is secondary Adamantium which isn't as strong

I have my own opinions on Adamantium and its Secondary 'cousin'.

I agree with the Busiek explanation that if something only has one 'schtick' (ie. Adamantium - it can't be damaged) then that should be respected. I'm not saying Adamantium should be easily destroyed, but its nonsense that its infinitely better than advanced alien metals.

Hulk ripped ultimate wolverine in half. So did ultimate colossus. Ultimate universe Adamantium doesn't have anywhere near the level of feats 616 does and regarded to not be as strong. Some think he merely ripped the joints and not the actual metal as how else could wolverine put himself back together.

Simply more evidence Wolverine needs to die in my opinion.
You address Omnipotence...tread carefully.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 08:00:30 PM »

Adamantium is more rare then vibranium. That's why it's not used in everything. Also need a molecular rearranger to make it maleable.

Wolverine did die in the 616 universe and in the ultimate universe. Old man Logan currently is roaming in the 616 universe though

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:58 PM »

Berserker Wolverine/Hulk? Have mercy

What's so different about berserker Wolverine and rampaging Hulk?  I'm not seeing anything that Wolverine adds to Hulk except for claws.

Depending on the stack Hulk gets a much stronger skeleton, claws, perhaps a stacked healing factor and berserker rage that could compound his rage power
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 01:44:52 AM »

Primary Adamantium cannot be broken in the same manner.

I don't buy that 'indestructible' tag one bit. Anything can be broken, its just a matter of going high enough up the food chain.

The Destroyer and Cap's Shield are tougher than Adamantium (IMO) and those have been damaged.

If Adamantium was 'all that' then EVERY single advanced civilization would be using it for EVERYTHING. But apparently every advanced civilization in Marvel uses inferior metallurgy including the Celestials.

Most Adamantium that has been damaged is secondary Adamantium which isn't as strong

I have my own opinions on Adamantium and its Secondary 'cousin'.

I agree with the Busiek explanation that if something only has one 'schtick' (ie. Adamantium - it can't be damaged) then that should be respected. I'm not saying Adamantium should be easily destroyed, but its nonsense that its infinitely better than advanced alien metals.

Hulk ripped ultimate wolverine in half. So did ultimate colossus. Ultimate universe Adamantium doesn't have anywhere near the level of feats 616 does and regarded to not be as strong. Some think he merely ripped the joints and not the actual metal as how else could wolverine put himself back together.

Simply more evidence Wolverine needs to die in my opinion.

Well; it pretty much is.....do most space faring races even "have" metals that come close to secondary admantium etc....?

Just seems to be one of the few thing's earth has that's better than every other planet out there, like Pizza or time travelling.

Pure unfathomable number of gods for one single planet.  Other space empire's will have one pantheon or even the odd Galaxy that has "one" god.  Earth's freakin' over loaded with em'.

Or earth's superbeings, Hulk's and Thor's doing what they do.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 02:00:25 AM »

Didn't Wolverine along with Thor, Spider-Man etc....all get hulked out for a storyline?

There's also the "Bannermen" from Marvelboy.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/bnmen.htm

Animalia.

• King
  • Vaticanistan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 01:16:53 PM »

What's so different about berserker Wolverine and rampaging Hulk?  I'm not seeing anything that Wolverine adds to Hulk except for claws.

Depending on the stack Hulk gets a much stronger skeleton, claws, perhaps a stacked healing factor and berserker rage that could compound his rage power
That is.
He would be stronger at his baseline having a better HF,claws and some kind of costant animal rage and pain.
But wouldnt this Hulk too much weak against soneone like Magneto?

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »

Well; it pretty much is.....do most space faring races even "have" metals that come close to secondary admantium etc....?

Just seems to be one of the few thing's earth has that's better than every other planet out there, like Pizza or time travelling.

Pure unfathomable number of gods for one single planet.  Other space empire's will have one pantheon or even the odd Galaxy that has "one" god.  Earth's freakin' over loaded with em'.

I know but I am not a big fan of stupidity. There is NO WAY Earth should have superior metallurgy to the Celestials or even Galactic Empires like the Kree; Shi'Ar and Skrulls.

I know its simply a convenience of having most of the stories set on Earth with characters from Earth but it doesn't sit well with me.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 09:28:49 PM »

With adamentium I see it as a compound unique to earth because earth lucked out and has the base components. Its not that alien races can't make it. Its just that they don't have the necessary stuff to make it.

Which I'm surprised we never got an invasion storyline based around that. An alien race just wants the adamentium and vibranium.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »

On the subject of time travel I'm pretty sure its big no no to fuck with the timeline which is why the more advance races don't do it.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 05:06:01 AM »

That is.
He would be stronger at his baseline having a better HF,claws and some kind of costant animal rage and pain.
But wouldnt this Hulk too much weak against soneone like Magneto?

Healing system would be weaker really if he get's Wolverine's instead of his own, unless we mean Hulks+an additional level of wolverine added on to it.

Hulk's rage is actually higher than Wolverine's as well....weak against Magneto?  Maybe but maybe not.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 05:10:33 AM »

I know but I am not a big fan of stupidity. There is NO WAY Earth should have superior metallurgy to the Celestials or even Galactic Empires like the Kree; Shi'Ar and Skrulls.

I know its simply a convenience of having most of the stories set on Earth with characters from Earth but it doesn't sit well with me.

Weird when you think about it; might get the odd glimpse in the past of some space empire or in the vast future.....and nothing's changed.

Hundreds or thousands of years and no technological advancement whatsoever.

Alien empire's basically fall under a certain kind of "thematic" levels and presentations for the most part.

Iron Man's suits tend to be notably beyond most alien soldier's and warrior's, except for Shatterax or maybe The Stark.;)

It might be interesting to see a series where the various alien empires use the actual technology and resources at their disposal to go against the various space threats, heroes, Thanos etc.....

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 07:51:22 PM »

Weird when you think about it; might get the odd glimpse in the past of some space empire or in the vast future.....and nothing's changed.

Hundreds or thousands of years and no technological advancement whatsoever.

Alien empire's basically fall under a certain kind of "thematic" levels and presentations for the most part.

Iron Man's suits tend to be notably beyond most alien soldier's and warrior's, except for Shatterax or maybe The Stark.;)

It might be interesting to see a series where the various alien empires use the actual technology and resources at their disposal to go against the various space threats, heroes, Thanos etc.....

Its a massive disparity and weirdly only 60's Marvel really explained it (as noted on the: Fantastic Four the Great American Novel website) whereupon Reed Richards, once he encountered an alien technology would then copy it in his own machines. So he wasn't so much inventing stuff as copying alien tech.

Of course even that creates problems with regards power sources, components etc.

The best idea would be to create a sort of 'tech level' and apply it to various species/civilisations/groups.

Apparently mankind can create Hulks, Adamantium, Vibranium and Hulkbuster Armour. All of which are better than any other civilization can do.

All they need to do is create an army of Hulks and put them in Adamantium Hulkbuster Armour and equip them with Vibranium Shields and Carbonadium Swords = Solution to almost any problem.

Hulkster

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »

Are we really to assume that adamantium is part of this equation?  Hulk can be laced with adamantium absent of Wolverine's influence and if this is simply a case of a cloned hybrid, why would there be adamantium?  It has nothing to do with genetics.  I don't think that the image is clear as to whether those are adamantium laced claws or simple bone.

Healing system would be weaker really if he get's Wolverine's instead of his own, unless we mean Hulks+an additional level of wolverine added on to it.

A stacked healing factor would have to be shown and would risk a reduction in invulnerability to do so.

Hulk's rage is actually higher than Wolverine's as well....weak against Magneto?  Maybe but maybe not.

Agreed about the rage.  I don't see anything changing significantly about Hulk other than claws.  I don't know if he would gain greater speed.  Skill is not really genetic.  I just think that they simply will end up with a Hulk strength level Wolverine with a Wolverine-like gruff personality.

And the adamantium would provide a weakness for Magneto to exploit and unnecessarily since I think that Hulk's bones are tough enough to cut through anything with Hulk's strength behind them.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3]