Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Has comics gone to far?  (Read 1097 times)

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Has comics gone to far?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 03:01:41 AM »

Wolverine also has become wendigo in exiles, what ifs and recently in world war wendigo (616)

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »

Could be interesting. Hulk has the healing factor to survive the procedure I guess.

The bigger question is...Who is he going to fight?
You address Omnipotence...tread carefully.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »

Well his first fight will probably the people who created him.

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »

Well his first fight will probably the people who created him.

Wouldn't that just be a squash though? I mean why create this 'monster' unless it was to accomplish something you couldn't already achieve?

I thought it was Hydra that were creating this as their 'trump card' (no pun intended) for when the heroes 'push back'.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »

Not so much the claws as the adamantium that's going to be the problem. I don't really see Hulk actively slicing and dicing. I think he'd still punch the shit out of things with the added effect that claws just happen to bring. Now he has an adamantium skeleton though.

That's an issue for sure. Probably makes him the overall top tier physical character in comics.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 12:06:18 AM »

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 12:13:37 AM »

Not so much the claws as the adamantium that's going to be the problem. I don't really see Hulk actively slicing and dicing. I think he'd still punch the shit out of things with the added effect that claws just happen to bring. Now he has an adamantium skeleton though.

That's an issue for sure. Probably makes him the overall top tier physical character in comics.

I'd argue his bones weren't far off being as tough as Adamantium anyway.

JookDukem

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 02:51:24 AM »

Anyone else care to weigh in on whether or not  adamantium and the Hulk's skeleton are relatively equal in durability? That seems absurd but I wouldn't know enough to be sure.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 02:54:00 AM by JookDukem »

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 07:45:16 AM »

He's right. Hulk's skin has been shown as comparable to adamatium before so it stands to reason, his bones likely would be too.

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 04:58:19 PM »

Anyone else care to weigh in on whether or not  adamantium and the Hulk's skeleton are relatively equal in durability? That seems absurd but I wouldn't know enough to be sure.

Assuming the 'strength' of his bones increases along with the rest of him I'd estimate:

Hulk's Bones < WWHulk's Bones < War Hulk's Bones = Adamantium < Worldbreaker Hulk's Bones

Its speculative, but I think it fits what we have generally seen.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 07:40:39 PM »

I would say no. Because hulk's (and rulk) arms and necks have been broken and snapped in the past

They retconned saying wolverines claws did cut hulk but hulks healing factor quickly healed the wounds

Hulkster

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2017, 04:38:58 PM »

I wonder if he will be called Hulk Logan and have the battle cry "Hulk slash!"?

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »

I would say no. Because hulk's (and rulk) arms and necks have been broken and snapped in the past

They retconned saying wolverines claws did cut hulk but hulks healing factor quickly healed the wounds

Just because Hulk's bones have been snapped doesn't mean they couldn't be as tough as Adamantium, although:

1. (IMO) I think only someone with the strength of War Hulk or above would have bones that tough, not regular Hulk or even WWHulk but their bones would be almost as tough.
2. Adamantium (and tougher substances like Vibranium or the Asgardian Destroyer) have been damaged in the past.
3. Hulk already ripped Wolverine in half didn't he? (Presumably a What If or Alt-Reality).

Upper_Krust

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2017, 05:43:28 PM »

I wonder if he will be called Hulk Logan and have the battle cry "Hulk slash!"?

You nailed it.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »

Just because Hulk's bones have been snapped doesn't mean they couldn't be as tough as Adamantium, although:

1. (IMO) I think only someone with the strength of War Hulk or above would have bones that tough, not regular Hulk or even WWHulk but their bones would be almost as tough.
2. Adamantium (and tougher substances like Vibranium or the Asgardian Destroyer) have been damaged in the past.
3. Hulk already ripped Wolverine in half didn't he? (Presumably a What If or Alt-Reality).

Primary Adamantium cannot be broken in the same manner

Most Adamantium that has been damaged is secondary Adamantium which isn't as strong

Hulk ripped ultimate wolverine in half. So did ultimate colossus. Ultimate universe Adamantium doesn't have anywhere near the level of feats 616 does and regarded to not be as strong. Some think he merely ripped the joints and not the actual metal as how else could wolverine put himself back together?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:27:46 PM by -K-M- »
Pages: 1 [2] 3