Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: The 100  (Read 7744 times)

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
Re: The 100
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 05:08:04 PM »

WTF how does Finn choose Clarke over Raven?!? What a fool.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

BillyRunsThingsSon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »

I'm really looking forward to season 3.  Season 2 ended with some great character development across the board and I'm a fan of every character now.  Clarke is arguably the best female protagonist on TV right now!

I'm not as optimistic about season 3 as you.  It seems like it'll focus more on Jaha and his whole storyline was the least interesting.

Jaha's arc is STILL interesting because it's introducing unexplored territory, opening up the plot to myriad possibilities.  I actually think his new discovery could be promising.

LOL.  They're both incredible women so he couldn't really go wrong.  Raven just came back into his life a little too late.  She's the shit though.  Refurbed a space shuttle with the quickness and came down by herself = BEASTMODE!!!

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 07:02:39 PM »

Lol I was thinking the same thing when it happened

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »

I'd go for Clarke. I like blondes. But really no wrong choice between those two.

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »

On Episode 10, Season 1.

-Clarke recognizing someone as septic, and saying the solution is... transfusion of some random person's blood? Because sepsis is "dirty blood"? I know, I know, TV medicine, but that's just dumb.

-Clarke feigning innocence and then SLITTING HER CAPTOR'S THROAT with not a fuck given? Then looking him in the eyes as he blleds out and tells him "There, there, just go to sleep"? Bad ass.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:54 PM »

Haha, yeah, the show asks us to suspend a lot of disbelief. Its still fun, though!

BillyRunsThingsSon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 10:35:29 PM »

On Episode 10, Season 1.

-Clarke recognizing someone as septic, and saying the solution is... transfusion of some random person's blood? Because sepsis is "dirty blood"? I know, I know, TV medicine, but that's just dumb.

-Clarke feigning innocence and then SLITTING HER CAPTOR'S THROAT with not a fuck given? Then looking him in the eyes as he blleds out and tells him "There, there, just go to sleep"? Bad ass.

I miss this show.  One of the best shows out.  SOD is a must though.  This show is about great acting and great characters.  Clarke's mother's is the only acting I consider a little shaky-bakey, but everyone else is SUPERB (and her role in the show makes you support her regardless)!!!  People are consistent placed in life-and-death situations and the choices that they make are not always the safe choice.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:42:10 PM by HelenaRunsThingsSon »

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2015, 12:55:23 PM »

On second episode of season 2. WTF they got my boy Bellamy in a cage?!? Hell no.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-APR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 01:07:49 PM »

Oh it gets worse!

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »

Or it gets better depending on how you look at things.  I love you episode 8.

BillyRunsThingsSon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »

Bellamy + Clarke = GOD.  Bellamy + Clarke + Raven = a Hattori Hanzo sword.  Honestly, tell me another big 3 on TV comparable to these three. 

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 01:13:02 AM »

OMG Raven's crutches do an amazing job of accentuating her bosom when she walks. You blew it Finn!!!

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 11:28:23 PM »

Um Finn is really channeling Full Metal Jacket this season.

It's pretty jarring to see when you're binge-watching the series.

Lexa's pretty dope though.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:14:45 AM by MTL76 »

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2015, 11:55:02 PM »

Gotta say the first half of the second season dragged a bit.

I didn't buy the way Finn went from hardcore pacifist to psycho killer in the blink of an eye. It seemed like they were trying to write him out of the show or something.

The "adults" landing on Earth also changed things. They really robbed the remaining 100 of a lot of power and relegated them to the child role again. Bellamy calling guards "sir"? Hells nah.

The whole standoff with the Grounders also seemed to take forever to resolve. It's expected that such an epic story would take multiple episodes, but within those episodes you'd expect multiple smaller stories to play out.

The use of a blood transfusion to cure the radiation-induced lesions of the Mountain men is also just too silly to consider. I could buy the blood giving resistance to radiation, but for it to cure actual bloody ulcers is too much.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 11:58:50 PM by MTL76 »

BillyRunsThingsSon

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 12:35:07 AM »

Gotta say the first half of the second season dragged a bit.

I didn't buy the way Finn went from hardcore pacifist to psycho killer in the blink of an eye. It seemed like they were trying to write him out of the show or something.

The "adults" landing on Earth also changed things. They really robbed the remaining 100 of a lot of power and relegated them to the child role again. Bellamy calling guards "sir"? Hells nah.

The whole standoff with the Grounders also seemed to take forever to resolve. It's expected that such an epic story would take multiple episodes, but within those episodes you'd expect multiple smaller stories to play out.

The use of a blood transfusion to cure the radiation-induced lesions of the Mountain men is also just too silly to consider. I could buy the blood giving resistance to radiation, but for it to cure actual bloody ulcers is too much.

Are you done with season 2?  The first half of season 2 is a slog, but the latter part of the season things get good.  Lexa is the shit as you said, and I look at the "fall of finn" as a wink and a nod to people like me who despise great shows like this getting bogged down by sappy romances.  It's like the writer said "I know you hate the Clarke + Finn stuff... well I hate it too, so I'm gonna put a definitive end to this nonsense."  A little character assassination and then some substantial character development for Clarke.  THAT'S when Clarke truly becomes "Clarke, Queen of the sky people."

Also, how could you be dissatisfied with Bellamy's awesomeness?!  BELLAMY!  BELLAMY!  BELLAMY!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12