Herochat

The 100

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
Re: The 100
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
Or it gets better depending on how you look at things.  I love you episode 8.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »
Bellamy + Clarke = GOD.  Bellamy + Clarke + Raven = a Hattori Hanzo sword.  Honestly, tell me another big 3 on TV comparable to these three. 

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
OMG Raven's crutches do an amazing job of accentuating her bosom when she walks. You blew it Finn!!!

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 07:28:23 PM »
Um Finn is really channeling Full Metal Jacket this season.

It's pretty jarring to see when you're binge-watching the series.

Lexa's pretty dope though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:14:45 PM by MTL76 »

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 07:55:02 PM »
Gotta say the first half of the second season dragged a bit.

I didn't buy the way Finn went from hardcore pacifist to psycho killer in the blink of an eye. It seemed like they were trying to write him out of the show or something.

The "adults" landing on Earth also changed things. They really robbed the remaining 100 of a lot of power and relegated them to the child role again. Bellamy calling guards "sir"? Hells nah.

The whole standoff with the Grounders also seemed to take forever to resolve. It's expected that such an epic story would take multiple episodes, but within those episodes you'd expect multiple smaller stories to play out.

The use of a blood transfusion to cure the radiation-induced lesions of the Mountain men is also just too silly to consider. I could buy the blood giving resistance to radiation, but for it to cure actual bloody ulcers is too much.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:58:50 PM by MTL76 »

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
Gotta say the first half of the second season dragged a bit.

I didn't buy the way Finn went from hardcore pacifist to psycho killer in the blink of an eye. It seemed like they were trying to write him out of the show or something.

The "adults" landing on Earth also changed things. They really robbed the remaining 100 of a lot of power and relegated them to the child role again. Bellamy calling guards "sir"? Hells nah.

The whole standoff with the Grounders also seemed to take forever to resolve. It's expected that such an epic story would take multiple episodes, but within those episodes you'd expect multiple smaller stories to play out.

The use of a blood transfusion to cure the radiation-induced lesions of the Mountain men is also just too silly to consider. I could buy the blood giving resistance to radiation, but for it to cure actual bloody ulcers is too much.

Are you done with season 2?  The first half of season 2 is a slog, but the latter part of the season things get good.  Lexa is the shit as you said, and I look at the "fall of finn" as a wink and a nod to people like me who despise great shows like this getting bogged down by sappy romances.  It's like the writer said "I know you hate the Clarke + Finn stuff... well I hate it too, so I'm gonna put a definitive end to this nonsense."  A little character assassination and then some substantial character development for Clarke.  THAT'S when Clarke truly becomes "Clarke, Queen of the sky people."

Also, how could you be dissatisfied with Bellamy's awesomeness?!  BELLAMY!  BELLAMY!  BELLAMY!

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »
No, I just finished the episode where Finn gets killed (figure spoilers aren't needed at this point) so I'm halfway through Season 2.

I like Bellamy so I don't like seeing him subservient to the Council and their gun thugs. There's no reason they should be running things down on the ground. Bellamy and Clarke are the true leaders. They need to recognize.

On that note, yeah, Clarke is the counterpart of Lexa and Lexa recognizes that. I like how Lexa disregards the Chancellor and the Council and negotiates directly with Clarke. Lexa knows the score, now the adults from the Ark need to catch up to speed.

I don't mind Finn dying but hated to see him being turned into a child killer. I LOVE the way Clarke was the one to kill him. It really sent a powerful statement to Lexa and the Grounders: that Clarke would do anything to save her people, but she would do it on her terms, and if one of her people needed to be put down, she would be the one to do it, not some outsider. I expect she gained a TON of respect from Lexa for that move. Lexa knows that Clarke is her equal now, a true leader.

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 03:22:18 AM »
Yeah as they get to know each other Lexa starts to gain more and more respect for Clarke.

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 11:46:06 AM »
I like Bellamy so I don't like seeing him subservient to the Council and their gun thugs. There's no reason they should be running things down on the ground. Bellamy and Clarke are the true leaders. They need to recognize.

Yeah we as watchers of the show know Bellamy and Clarke should be in charge but the councils not gonna listen to some kids(even though there the ones with experience with the grounders) their use to being in charge.

MTL76

• +27/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »
The 100 drinking game: you take a shot every time someone says "my people", "your people" or "our people."

Also, Clarke saying "You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge." Nughhh.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 11:59:08 AM by MTL76 »

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
Also, Clarke saying "You may be the Chancellor, but I'm in charge." Nughhh.

I didn't want to mention that scene before you saw it, but that's one of those "Clarke moments" that just puts her on another level of awesome.  One of my favorite moments of the series.  The arrival of the "planners" and "schemers" as Joker would call them was just another test for The 100 to prove themselves as the vanguard of the new world, and they overcame it, growing stronger in the process.  Clarke's journey like the process of crafting a fine sword - strong, dull steel upon which the heat is turned up making it softer and vulnerable to manipulation, in this state taking an intense pounding from outside force, which ultimately fashions it, fashion HER, into a weapon of singular purpose, undeniable integrity and the edge it takes lead men against any and all threats... and CUT... THEM... DOWN!

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 08:00:00 AM »
I remember when they had that meeting about dealing with the grounders and mountain men I sitting there thinking why the fuck aren't any of the people who have actually been dealing with this shit for months not taking a part in this.

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 08:10:49 PM »
Maybe the new season should be called The 100:  Civil War
trailer for new season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUuukxrbrU

altoon

• +3/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:26 AM »
They sure love mass murder on this show.

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 07:08:45 AM »
This is why we love this show - high stakes.  People don't get saved at the last minute, villianous plans actually work.  It makes the horoes more credible.

I don't like how the show has decided to nerf everyone's favorite living, breathing deus ex machina, Raven.  They basically made her Reed Richards for the last 2 seasons and I think they were criticized by people on the spectrum, so now they're making her more human... and I don't like it! *in Scott Steiner voice* 

Another important note: Alycia Debnam Carey is fucking gorgeous.  She's like the upgraded model to the Emelia Clarke prototype.  This is the best show on TV right now and episodes like this are why.  Can't wait to see Juan Hater take on the Ice Nation by herself on some Thena shit.