Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Do the new advantageous offensive rules diminish Tom Brady ?  (Read 864 times)

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
Re: Do the new advantageous offensive rules diminish Tom Brady ?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 11:31:00 PM »

Around and around the circle goes.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »

Around and around the circle goes.
I give facts you cry.  I stated why Montana is better.  It isn't one thing it's a combination. Harder era for the QB in general based off the rules, etc.  Montana didn't have any weaknesses.  Brady is confined to the shotgun and can't move for shit.  He primarily tosses to the slot and the tight end.  When he had a hall of farmer we he put up 14 points in the biggest game of the year.  Pitiful.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Right above Flacco in lucky number thirteen. 

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 11:46:37 PM »

Already answered in reply 28. Pretty damn obvious you are playing favorites as usual.

Five Rings and counting.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 11:49:30 PM »

Already answered in reply 28. Pretty damn obvious you are playing favorites as usual.

Five Rings and counting.
Charles Haley has five rings on two different teams.  That doesn't make him top three at his position.

He's behind mark Sanchez.  His defenses have only given up 30 or more three times and he's played in more playoff games than the rest. 

He also choked twice to the Giants.  10-6, 9-7.  Against the Seahawks they were about a yard away when the defense intercepted the ball and won the game.  Try actually watching the games and understanding what's occurring.  It isn't just two qb's out on the field. 

DarthAlani

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 11:56:23 PM »

Brady has consistently won in the competitive salary cap Era.

He is completely legit and your downplaying is comical.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »

Brady has consistently won in the competitive salary cap Era.

He is completely legit and your downplaying is comical.
Yes, he has but let's not forget spy gate and deflate gate.  That casts doubt over his entir career.  I'm not saying he's not great I'm saying he's not the best. 

In the Falcons sbowl the defense held them to 21 pts.  The offense ran 90 some plays which completely exhausted the defense which made them ripe for the comeback.  They got no pressure on Tom and Bill's game plan worked to a tee. 

Montana has no major cheating scandals, flawless sbowl numbers, won sbowls with two different head coaches and took another team to their first afc championship.  He's also more mobile and played in a much rougher era whose rules didn't inflate numbers and didn't protect the qb's.  Quit ignoring these factors.

thetruth

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2017, 07:51:02 AM »

I don't think you can compare QBs from different era's.  Rules changing make direct comparisons difficult or impossible.   Unitas,  Montana, Brady, etc. all competed under different rules.  So maybe one that excelled in one era would just be decent in another era.

As far as who dominated thier particular era more?  That requires more analysis than I care to delve into at the moment.

Quan_the_Antagonist

• Mr. Cleo McDowell
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »

I don't think you can compare QBs from different era's.  Rules changing make direct comparisons difficult or impossible.   Unitas,  Montana, Brady, etc. all competed under different rules.  So maybe one that excelled in one era would just be decent in another era.

As far as who dominated thier particular era more?  That requires more analysis than I care to delve into at the moment.
It is comparing apples to oranges I agree.  People saying Brady is the goat no questions asked aren't being honest with themselves.  Montana is still the goat IMO and there's no clear answer.  This is subjective for fucks sake.  I invite anyone who says otherwise to present a case but I doubt any of the fanboys will come forward to challenge my position.
Pages: 1 2 [3]