Herochat

Am I the only one who feels the bowl games have...

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one who feels the bowl games have...
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 12:41:12 AM »
Holy shit, this game has been great. And now OSU throws it with 1:57? And has no next play ready to call?

And now Bama has it back with 1:33?????? Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit!
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Prime

• I'm in there like swimwear...
  • +5/-24
  • Av/Sig:Bria Myles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 12:45:14 AM »
Wow. Great game. Did I think OSU was winning going into this? Nope. Urban Meyer is one hell of a coach.

Prime

• +5/-24
    • View Profile

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 08:27:26 AM »
Okay...yeah, I don't want either of the QBs for the Titans. I mean Mariota got picked off once, but I saw at least two more times he should have been but a defender dropped it.

Winston...well...yeah...I couldn't stop laughing at his fumble! :)

And I don't approve of what the Ducks did. I mean, if you wanted to take a shot at the entire team, I'm cool with that. Eighty percent of them were a-holes who didn't man up after the loss. I don't know what he did, or didn't do, but Winston did take the loss like a man and shook the winners hand.

He didn't deserve that.

Prime

• +5/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »
Okay...yeah, I don't want either of the QBs for the Titans. I mean Mariota got picked off once, but I saw at least two more times he should have been but a defender dropped it.

I wouldn't say that at all. Nothing I saw in that game really changed my mind, in fact it may have enhanced Winston's stock a little bit. First FSU game I got to watch live in it's entirety instead of a replay where some plays are skipped...but I liked what I saw from Winston. Accurate, pocket passer with a high football IQ that is SERIOUSLY pro ready. Made some great reads and accurate throws into small windows in that Oregon Zone and watched his receivers not do their part. Not crazy athletic, but can move around a bit if necessary and has good strength too. Mostly held back by an inferior supporting cast on offense. That O-Line did him no favors and his receivers are meh as a group. The highlight to me was his demeanor even when he knew it was over. Never got that Cam Newton "I'm so upset and down on myself because we're losing" face with the towel on his head bullshit. Stayed the same and kept encouraging his teammates. Pointed at himself on that pick that wasn't his fault, and went to the bench and still his demeanor never really changed. Plays with great fire and is super competitive and a real leader on the field. He'll be a great pro QB if he can keep his nose clean. Only issue with him on the field is he presses to make plays, and has been all year. But I think it's because he has a lot less talent around him, and he knows it. If the Titans pass him up...they will regret it. Unless he gets arrested for god knows what, he'll be  great NFL QB.

Mariota? He's all upside. He all the physical tools, and the character you want for sure. He can play the spread extremely well, and is great with the zone reads. But he is also skittish in the pocket and doesn't show the patience to go through his reads before he takes off or tries to scramble around to make a play. Not as accurate throwing from the pocket either, although he has shown the ability to do so. Because of his character, I DO think that he is coachable, but spread QB's have had a hard time transitioning to becoming pocket passers at the NFL level. It's a hard adjustment to make when your instincts tell you to bolt the pocket if your first read isn't open. And when you have to think your way through your reads, you forget to/ flat out can't do the extra stuff that also makes pocket passers effective. Like using your eyes and pump fakes to hold the safety, for instance. Rg3, Manziel, Kaepernick, all have these issues where they don't have the proper mechanics or football instincts to play from the pocket effectively at the NFL level. I think the only effective or exceptional spread QB's in the NFL today are Cam Newton (who is an anomaly because he is one of the few players with the physical tools to play the spread at the NFL level, but even he gets banged up) and Alex Smith.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 12:17:20 PM »
Bowl games suck....but not this one!

Prime

• +5/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 12:17:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd8HZDdCDWo

Video of the "no means no" tomahawk chant. Hilarious.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »

I wouldn't say that at all. Nothing I saw in that game really changed my mind, in fact it may have enhanced Winston's stock a little bit. First FSU game I got to watch live in it's entirety instead of a replay where some plays are skipped...but I liked what I saw from Winston. Accurate, pocket passer with a high football IQ that is SERIOUSLY pro ready. Made some great reads and accurate throws into small windows in that Oregon Zone and watched his receivers not do their part. Not crazy athletic, but can move around a bit if necessary and has good strength too. Mostly held back by an inferior supporting cast on offense. That O-Line did him no favors and his receivers are meh as a group. The highlight to me was his demeanor even when he knew it was over. Never got that Cam Newton "I'm so upset and down on myself because we're losing" face with the towel on his head bullshit. Stayed the same and kept encouraging his teammates. Pointed at himself on that pick that wasn't his fault, and went to the bench and still his demeanor never really changed. Plays with great fire and is super competitive and a real leader on the field. He'll be a great pro QB if he can keep his nose clean. Only issue with him on the field is he presses to make plays, and has been all year. But I think it's because he has a lot less talent around him, and he knows it. If the Titans pass him up...they will regret it. Unless he gets arrested for god knows what, he'll be  great NFL QB.

Mariota? He's all upside. He all the physical tools, and the character you want for sure. He can play the spread extremely well, and is great with the zone reads. But he is also skittish in the pocket and doesn't show the patience to go through his reads before he takes off or tries to scramble around to make a play. Not as accurate throwing from the pocket either, although he has shown the ability to do so. Because of his character, I DO think that he is coachable, but spread QB's have had a hard time transitioning to becoming pocket passers at the NFL level. It's a hard adjustment to make when your instincts tell you to bolt the pocket if your first read isn't open. And when you have to think your way through your reads, you forget to/ flat out can't do the extra stuff that also makes pocket passers effective. Like using your eyes and pump fakes to hold the safety, for instance. Rg3, Manziel, Kaepernick, all have these issues where they don't have the proper mechanics or football instincts to play from the pocket effectively at the NFL level. I think the only effective or exceptional spread QB's in the NFL today are Cam Newton (who is an anomaly because he is one of the few players with the physical tools to play the spread at the NFL level, but even he gets banged up) and Alex Smith.

Well, if I had to choose, I'd go Winston. That was a weird game with all the turnovers, but before that he did pretty good against a superior defense and...yeah, his WRs, especially that freshman, mucked things up royally along with that defense. I do question his leadership. Like I said he did man up and shake the winners' hands--but did the rest of his team follow his lead? No.

And you posted the "NO MEANS NO" video. I mean, I don't care about the stupid crablegs or that minor stupid stuff. But that--that's a worry.

Mariota. Like I said, he should have had two more turnovers, but Seminoles defense...they stink. I'm sorry, but he reminds me of Flacco and Ryan. I mean, if you have someone else who is a strong leader and some talent then yeah, maybe a Super Bowl.

Master

• +42/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 11:41:27 AM »
Weird how the crappy SEC East has won 3 bowl games while the West has lost them all.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

Propeus The Fallen

• +37/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »
Well, the SEC West kicked the crud out of each other, injuries, and stronger opponents.

That and they have the same problem all SEC teams have...no real WOW QB.

But--GO VOLS! :)

Clock

• +5/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »
Quack
Quack
Quack

Prime

• +5/-24
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
So yeah, Ohio State wins.