Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do you ever sell your old comics?  (Read 200 times)

Jabroniville

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever sell your old comics?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »

I used to have probably about 5-7 thousand comics, that I sold off in parts over the years. Usually when I thought I needed some extra cash for something. The biggest sells I had was a complete run of 100 issues of Nightwing I sold for 300 bucks, and a complete run of Deadpool, about 75 issues I sold for 400.

Then as I kept having kids, the room the comics were stored kept getting moved to a different room till finally they ended up in a closet. Eventually I came to the conclusion that I would never read those comics again, and if I wanted to, I could just easily download them, so I sold the rest for 450 bucks.

Now looking back, I wish I hadn't, I couldn't tell you what I spent the money on.
I wanna say that was a ton of comics, but I just sold 91 and barely put a dent in a single short-box. I probably at least as many as that (just judging by the size of 100 comics in one of my bags, I could put like 30 of them in my shelves).

Yeah, the money's a tricky thing. Figuring that I wouldn't ever read Nu52 Birds of Prey or Huntress/Power Girl again, I thought nothing of dropping them at a bookstore for like 22 bucks. Barely a drop in the bucket- two days' worth of food if you're on a budget.

Bran Mak Morn

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever sell your old comics?
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 11:49:25 AM »

The only thing I ever sold was my copy of Bob Kane's autobiography (& history of Batman).
I think only 500 copies were published & autographed.

It was frustrating wanting to read the dam thing but not wanting to break the plastic seal & jeopardise it's mint condition.

From memory I bought it for $250 & sold it for $75....after I finally opened & read it.

On the other hand, I've bought single issues off Ebay of comics I've remembered from my childhood.
"It's funny how,"You're so funny" turns into,"You think everything's a fucking joke!" in just 3 months...
Pages: 1 [2]