Herochat

Lucifer

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
Re: Lucifer
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 08:21:51 AM »
Arent you just a ray of sunshine this morning? :P

Wealth & Fame he ignores, breaking scourge, is his reward. Look out!

altoon

• +9/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2018, 10:21:24 AM »
Well a whole lot of shows were canceled or renewed yesterday just letting ppl know if the ones they loved around here was gone.  I'm still waiting for word on shield myself.

Tjackflash

• +4/-36
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »
   I started watching Lucifer halfway thru the season before last and I've enjoyed it a lot. I have some ideas about the show I haven't run past anyone yet.   Here there be spoilers....be warned!

It seems to me that the the core of the show is about selfish vs. selfless.  The Celestial characters all whether angel, devil or eternal seem to be completely self-absorbed. Luci or Kane thinking that everything that happens is God's secret plan for screwing them over. Maze's only being able to see the romance between two of her friends thru the prism of how it affects her. Also there's 'diel's belief that it's all about God testing him. Only when a human being sacrifices their life for him (breaking the cycle of selfishness that once sent her to Hell) does he finally get a clue that it's not all about him and regains his wings.
   The Human characters all show different levels of caring for others from the lab-tech's bubbly happiness to the Detective's love for her daughter and devotion to getting justice for the victims, or the ex-husbands wearing his heart on his sleeve.  These actions always seem to baffle the more lofty types. Even Lucifer's losing his powers when near the Detective makes sense when you realize that it's the only time he isn't thinking of his own wants and needs. I'll also bet that if the show went on a few more seasons we'd find that he also loses his power when he's around the daughter Trixie.
    Maybe I'm just overthinking this but I'm very interested in the opinion of anyone else who was into the show.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2018, 12:19:57 PM »
Well a whole lot of shows were canceled or renewed yesterday just letting ppl know if the ones they loved around here was gone.  I'm still waiting for word on shield myself.
Just messing around, man. :P

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:49 PM »
That was a good finale. It ended w. a big reveal i wish could be followed up on, but not a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

XerxesTWD

• +98/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
Surprised none of you noticed the show was picked up by Netflix for the next season.

Riv1

• +63/-1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Was it? Sweet, gonna go tell the spouse!

-K-M-

• +11/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »