Herochat

Dodd Frank and other horrible executive orders

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
Dodd Frank and other horrible executive orders
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:05:53 AM »
https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2017/02/03/warren-and-consumer-groups-mount-defense-trump-eyes-changes-financial-regulations/HiwTGPZr6hnvLRbOMBJiDO/story.html

Apparently he thinks it to tough. It may just fucks things up weakning. Because lets face it, it not like it was super strong to begin with but it did some stuff.

Now granted this might be just for show, since apparently it set up where you can do away with it with exectutive oders alone. But picking this time to talk about his executive orders in generaly. it seem this going to be how he going to run his presidency.  He probally going to do the most executive orders of any presisdent that not in a world war. And may even surpassed that. He doing it so fast it hard to keep ahold of how horrible some of they are. So figure I make this to keep track of growing number of orders

like some of the worst rules, is the one for ever regulation that introduce 2 got to be cut. that just dumb as fuck.  Namely if he REALLY going to cut 75 percent of regulations. Because that mean some of the pointless ones will already be cut, and you still have dumb 1 for 2 rules. Therefore that wont be a lot of fat to trim and you will start cutting into vitabl organ

So far it been 22 executive order

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-executive-orders-memorandum-proclamations-presidential-action-guide-2017-1/#presidential-proclamation-february-2-american-heart-month-3

now going to give credit where credit due since I am not a republican. Some of the rules again lobbying is good, even though he then loosen some of the ethic restrictions

"The order requires appointees to every executive agency to sign an ethics pledge saying they will never lobby a foreign government and that they won't do any other lobbying for five years after they leave government.

But it also loosened some ethics restrictions that Obama put in place, decreasing the number of years executive branch employees had to wait since they had last been lobbyists from two years to one."

The hiring freeze already fucking over veterans
Also fucking with regulations

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
Re: Dodd Frank and other horrible executive orders
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:08:51 AM »
also give him some credit for not singing TPP. Even though sure he will replace it with another trade deal that the same thing or worst given who he put in his cabinet. or start a trade war. Not many good options with him. But he at least talking the talk.

Everything else is horrible so far

Bandido

• +5/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 02:31:24 AM »
Dodd Frank Act is broad and clumsy, I'm all all for giving more freedom to investors and Broker/Dealers. Though Banks still need to be regulated a protected themselves.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »
also give him some credit for not singing TPP. Even though sure he will replace it with another trade deal that the same thing or worst given who he put in his cabinet. or start a trade war. Not many good options with him. But he at least talking the talk.

Yeah; even Robert Reich or whatever his name was, guy pretty much constantly tears Trump a new one, gave him that one.

Said he didn't know why Obama went so hard to bat for that thing.

Liam

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »
Well Obama did a "pivot" towards Asia, and the TTP is, in part, an Anti-China bill. So I think it's likely that Obama views China as America's primary rival, and was all-in on efforts to attack them via soft-power. It's also likely that he is true-believing globalist. So he had multiple motives to push the TTP.

MTL76

• +1107/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 08:32:05 PM »

Yeah; even Robert Reich or whatever his name was, guy pretty much constantly tears Trump a new one, gave him that one.

Robert Reich said the Berkeley rioters were right-wing agents in disguise. He's either an idiot or a partisan shill. I'm guessing the latter.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 12:19:05 PM »

Robert Reich said the Berkeley rioters were right-wing agents in disguise. He's either an idiot or a partisan shill. I'm guessing the latter.

Yeah most of the time he made good points but him doing that and going from "Trump fighting the results of the election would be the greatest threat of all time" to "spending everyday since fighting then fighting the results of the election" really turned me off the guy.

Hell; even if he's just trolling Pro-Trump types with their own brand of "logic" and conspiracy theories, it just makes you look bad.

But even then, still makes my point, guy spends 90%+ of his time going at Trump and even he had to admit it wasn't a bad thing for Trump to do and as you pointed out he goes to the extreme's of either believing or lying about conspiracy theory type stuff.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
Well Obama did a "pivot" towards Asia, and the TTP is, in part, an Anti-China bill. So I think it's likely that Obama views China as America's primary rival, and was all-in on efforts to attack them via soft-power. It's also likely that he is true-believing globalist. So he had multiple motives to push the TTP.

Interesting; so Trump might be trying to reinforce an alliance with China that Obama didn't?

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 05:41:31 PM »

Interesting; so Trump might be trying to reinforce an alliance with China that Obama didn't?

Seem like china been threatening a trade war, is Trump keeps poking at them.

Master

• +34/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 10:13:52 PM »

It's hard to tell. Trump seems to want to renegotiate with China directly on some shit. The TPP was meant, in part, to make a deal that cut China out of the equation. Even if it would hurt American jobs long-term? I don't know all the factors as to how they felt this would put them one up on China.

So I'm fine scrapping the deal. Granted, I have little faith that Trump will figure out something better.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 12:13:10 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3RwjA3xUJc&t=328s

way to stick up for the little guy trump

therock

• +18/-63
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 02:37:42 PM »
apparenly trump just sign away a dodd frank regulation that used to force oil and gas company to show some stax disclousers. Now they dont have to.

DRAIN that swamp donald..drain

XerxesTWD

• +39/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »
If he drains it too fast he could drown everybody.

He's a double agent. Give him a chance to turn the tables on the Elites.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 01:28:54 AM »
http://thehill.com/regulation/overnights/319525-overnight-regulation-trump-signs-resolution-to-repeal-sec-rule

I love the picture and how damn evil they all look. Especially the two guys to his left and right. They're like, "TAKE THIS, CAPTAIN PLANET!!!"

nu-safado

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »
TPP was a strengthening of the US pacific alliances.

Trump's plan seems to be calling China's bluff. China has one carrier group, the Laoning and it's a repurposed Ukrainian vessel surrounded by inexperienced naval officers. In short, it would have no chance in any confrontation with the US Navy, the most powerful US military branch

China's South China Sea gambit is based on testing boundaries. Trump will likely call the bluff and the Chinese will back off. His initial actions on a one-China policy were buffoonish, but they showed China that their is a wild card in the White House and he has no problem initiating naval combat. It wouldn't take much. US fighter jets - F-22's or F/A-18 overflying Chinese installations would show China what their chances would be pretty swiftly
In a less bellicose situation, the US navy could institute a blockade fairly easily. This hinges on the support of our Pacific allies, so the Filipines are the ally to watch, as they are the only one's who could potentially break and open Chinese sea lanes

On trade, he's calling their bluff. In a trade war, short-term US consumer goods in the US become more expensive and we have to struggle for rare earth metals - fortifying our own companies.

Medium to long-term China loses a massive amount of money as their export sector dries up and social unrest divides their nation. China can't afford social unrest, while the US could theoretically slowly move cheap production to other locations. Mind you, I don't think it's a good idea, but it could happen

Trump's buffoonery is what makes enemies wary. He will do whatever insane thing he says he will and that's dangerous when our adversaries have become lulled into a sense of security and rely on our Middle East obsession