Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: WrestleMania 33 card?  (Read 366 times)

Propeus The Fallen

• Norbit
    • View Profile
WrestleMania 33 card?
« on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »

http://411mania.com/wrestling/rumored-wrestlemania-33-card-spoilers-2/

Man, do I hope this is wrong.

And Kevin Owens dropping the belt so we can have a rematch to one of the worst WM matches ever...only with everyone older and Goldberg being even worse. Yeah, that's a great idea.

Oh and Shane vs AJ. Yeah, it's not like Daniel Bryan has been cleared by every other doctor in the world but the WWE's.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
Re: WrestleMania 33 card?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:20:33 PM »

arent both goldberg and lesnar part timers still bad decesion. They dont need it.

Kevin owens vs Jerico could be good

Undertaker vs Romans it no good outcome. Roman will get hated on.  But undertake wont come on good, just bitter. After all hate Romans or not he beat him fair and square least accodring to the storyline. The point of the rumber is to tossed people over the ring. Taker got tossed over the ring. This just makes him into a sore loser

Imperial

• Was once the Greatest of All Time
  • Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »

arent both goldberg and lesnar part timers still bad decesion. They dont need it.

Kevin owens vs Jerico could be good

Undertaker vs Romans it no good outcome. Roman will get hated on.  But undertake wont come on good, just bitter. After all hate Romans or not he beat him fair and square least accodring to the storyline. The point of the rumber is to tossed people over the ring. Taker got tossed over the ring. This just makes him into a sore loser

KO vs Y2J is literally the only appealing match on that entire card. Trips vs Seth could be. But with Seth just coming off another injury..........eh.

And no Alexa/Becky/Mickie?  Rusev and Corbin should be doing something relevant as well.

LordofBrooklyn

• Mushu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 01:50:53 PM »

That card never takes place.

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »

The WWE will continue to stagnate until Vince dies. He is simply too old and almost completely out of touch. Triple H while several degrees more in tune with modern times than Vince, is at the end of the day a product of the same ancient played out Pro-wrestling archetype.

This is starting to resemble Al Davis' reign of dementia/terror as owner of the Oakland Raiders.

If you aren't a football head but you are a wrestling fan, do yourself a favor read up on that shit. It's the tale of an out of touch really old guy who made incredibly brash and outright terrible decisions for a celebrated American football team in the name of what he felt was "best for business".

This whole shit needs to go.

Let's go all the way into the "fake-legitimate" realm. Actual rankings. Make it matter. Champions are booked as such. The best.
for a variety of reasons. No champion gets beat on regular shows without insane bullshit and tricks. Make shit important and lasting. Refer to story lines from years ago. Be patient with characters, story lines and general character development. Bring back the dope finishers. Piledrivers and all the shit.

FUCK ME.

Goldberg and Brock. hhahaha. Jesus Christ.

Kevin Owens vs Bray Wyatt and/or Seth Rollins for the WWE title at Wrestlemania 33. I'd buy that with proper wrestlemania-esque promo packages revolving around whomever is involved.

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 03:17:56 PM »

We really need to get into a fat discussion about how outdated and ancient the entire concepts of "Heel" and "Face" are.

Honestly that is a far larger culprit of what's wrong with pro-wrestling currently than I think we like to admit.

LordofBrooklyn

• Mushu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

The WWE will continue to stagnate until Vince dies. He is simply too old and almost completely out of touch. Triple H while several degrees more in tune with modern times than Vince, is at the end of the day a product of the same ancient played out Pro-wrestling archetype.

This is starting to resemble Al Davis' reign of dementia/terror as owner of the Oakland Raiders.

If you aren't a football head but you are a wrestling fan, do yourself a favor read up on that shit. It's the tale of an out of touch really old guy who made incredibly brash and outright terrible decisions for a celebrated American football team in the name of what he felt was "best for business".

This whole shit needs to go.

Let's go all the way into the "fake-legitimate" realm. Actual rankings. Make it matter. Champions are booked as such. The best.
for a variety of reasons. No champion gets beat on regular shows without insane bullshit and tricks. Make shit important and lasting. Refer to story lines from years ago. Be patient with characters, story lines and general character development. Bring back the dope finishers. Piledrivers and all the shit.

FUCK ME.

Goldberg and Brock. hhahaha. Jesus Christ.

Kevin Owens vs Bray Wyatt and/or Seth Rollins for the WWE title at Wrestlemania 33. I'd buy that with proper wrestlemania-esque promo packages revolving around whomever is involved.

The card as depicted WILL NOT take place!

CrabMaster

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »

We really need to get into a fat discussion about how outdated and ancient the entire concepts of "Heel" and "Face" are.

Honestly that is a far larger culprit of what's wrong with pro-wrestling currently than I think we like to admit.

The concept of "Heel" and "Face still can stil work, but the WWE seems to have forgotten how to make that work.

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 12:55:26 PM »

The concept of "Heel" and "Face still can stil work, but the WWE seems to have forgotten how to make that work.

I agree that it can work. I'm questioning whether or not it's wise to build the entire industry around these fundamental concepts. It seems obvious that wrestling fans moved past this archaic way of viewing professional wrestlers.

therock

• Global Moderator
  • Mr. Cleo McDowell
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

I agree that it can work. I'm questioning whether or not it's wise to build the entire industry around these fundamental concepts. It seems obvious that wrestling fans moved past this archaic way of viewing professional wrestlers.

They move on with a certain type. They dont like a super clean cut baby face. They will boo for that. Least the older fans. Cena still sale merch with the kids

Like some people they just wont root for. Cena and Roman one of them

But other guys like your Becky Lynch, Belly, Ambrose, new day still get a lot of good face heat. Daneil bryant

Charlotee, Miz, Jerico, Bray all good at playing the classic total bastards of various types. But what the fuck up in story telling. They either make the storyline go on to long with an unstoppable face. Or make the face get Jobbed out to much where you cant really root for them

They sucked at female characters for a while because they were all heels. Bascly Crazy bitches out crazing each other. So you need a mixture of good and bad guys.  Some of the female wrestler that did despite of it

The Captain

• Doctor Doolittle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 03:51:43 PM »

They should just reset the titles Afro Samurai style. Have the Universal Champion be the primary title for both Raw and Smackdown. Then if you want to take a shot at that title you have to already have a title. Suddenly every belt from tag team to cruiserweight actually has implications.