Herochat

Is anyone reading the current series of ‘Red Sonja’?

Riv1

• +18/-858
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone reading the current series of ‘Red Sonja’?
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2017, 05:49:28 AM »
New issue's out and it's the best since #6. The meat of the issue is Sonja taking on Las Aranhas in their own HQ.
Got it last night, gonna read it today.
Going by just a quick look, its pretty much all action. While i've enjoyed the 'talky' issues, i have NO problem with a whole issue of Sonja kicking ass!
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Sick Nick

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
Enjoy! There's some amazing action in this one but important new characters are introduced, people listen to Elvis and a baby armadillo nearly gets run over.

SPOILER

Red Sonja #9 ... when you absolutely, positively have to read a comic about a six-foot red-headed Amazon in a scalemail bra crashing a tractor trailer into a drugs lab ... accept no substitutes.

Sick Nick

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2017, 04:29:54 AM »
Preview from next issue ... Amy Chu's Sonja is a powerhouse.

Riv1

• +18/-858
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2017, 05:54:35 AM »
^^^yeah she is, thats a great piece!

Forgot to come in and say, really enjoyed last issue. Balls (or boobs, really) to the wall action.
Max really won me over with his fair mindedness, too.
Thats not a bat. This...is a bat.

Sick Nick

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2017, 08:09:06 AM »
^^^yeah she is, thats a great piece!

Forgot to come in and say, really enjoyed last issue. Balls (or boobs, really) to the wall action.
Max really won me over with his fair mindedness, too.

I thought it was easily the best issue this storyline and maybe the best all-round issue in the series so far. Normally there's a couple of continuity gaffes or moments of fuzzy logic but this issue was airtight pretty much, except for Sonja leaving her sword behind for the infiltration and then letting Spike use it, and Carlos' weird sense of scale with the troll ... in the panel where he's charging the horses, he looks easily 20 feet tall but when he's sat down by Max, he's nearer to 8. That's real nitpicking, though.