Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes

Author Topic: The Mighty Thor #7 Bor continuity question  (Read 447 times)

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
The Mighty Thor #7 Bor continuity question
« on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:04 AM »

In Fractions run Bor isn't killed by Loki...but Loki dies during Seige,& is brought back by Thor before Fear itself as child..does anyone know where/when the continuity shift happened?

altoon

• King
    • View Profile
Re: The Mighty Thor #7 Bor continuity question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:18 PM »

Loki turned himself back into an adult before the continuity shift happened if I recall correctly.  I didn't really keep up though I also remember he was running around as a woman for a while also so who knows.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 03:39:21 PM »

Loki turned himself back into an adult before the continuity shift happened if I recall correctly.  I didn't really keep up though I also remember he was running around as a woman for a while also so who knows.

The She-Loki thing was during his "Illuminati" years when he had possessed Sif's body I believe.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 04:26:49 PM »

The She-Loki thing was during his "Illuminati" years when he had possessed Sif's body I believe.

Correct

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:09 PM »

I'm not sure what's being asked here.  Bor's "death" by Loki was written by JMS not Fraction, and his death by Thor is likewise under JMS.  Bor is still dead and no retconning has occurred to my knowledge.  Did a later writer change these events?

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 06:03:35 AM »

I'm not sure what's being asked here.  Bor's "death" by Loki was written by JMS not Fraction, and his death by Thor is likewise under JMS.  Bor is still dead and no retconning has occurred to my knowledge.  Did a later writer change these events?
Uh..yea!in Mighty Thor #7 written by Fraction,tells the story of Cul Borson,Odin's elder brother,who took over as King of Asgard,after Bor died...in his sleep!Not killed by his grandson,which makes no sense in that Loki's still a kid,after being resurrected by Thor,after dying during Seige...so the continuity from JMS to Fraction is there,but not there!????

XerxesTWD

• Global Moderator
  • Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 03:39:15 AM »

Didn't Hercules change part of the timeline in Chaos War when he undid all the damage Mikaboshi did, and then some?

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »

Didn't Hercules change part of the timeline in Chaos War when he undid all the damage Mikaboshi did, and then some?
Good question.At the end of Chaos War he puts everything back into place,that the war screwed up....but i don't see any connection to Thor's continuity being changed during this storyline...meh

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 06:39:47 AM »

Finally figured out where Bor's continuity changed...Thor #620,with the resurrection of Odin!I guess that changed the continuity,as even one of the Elves says "it's a myth,go with it" as Odin tells the story of the egg that birthed Yggdrasil....Fraction's writing was ridiculous at times.Good ideas,terrible execution!

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 04:32:19 AM »

ugh.....Angela Queen of Hel #4 has Bor depicted during JMS's run,i.e. as Thor killed him...which makes no sense,in that Odin says Bor died sleeping,which is how Cul became King of Asgard....so the continuity is all over the place!