« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 06:58:51 PM »

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
Re: Brock is back
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
Please dont eat my brains.

Brain eating?

Who do you think I am?  one of those boy loving Romans?

This is my profession?!?!?!

Jabroniville

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Brock is back
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 03:58:59 AM »
Venom is a huge part of why '90s comics were ridiculous- the character himself wasn't so bad until he started that retarded "Protector of the Innocent" garbage, which made no sense compared to the selfish idiot he was before. But then the culmination of things... turning "heroic" because he was popular. Showing up CONSTANTLY in all the Spider-books (and a few others!)... getting a Spin-Off Villain in Carnage... getting MORE Spin-Off Villains in the five Symbiotes... then Toxin... then HYBRID... he just kept adding stupider and stupider things to comics, all because he was a cool-looking, lethal villain that made the hero afraid.

They've tried bringing him back repeatedly- silly gimmick after silly gimmick has failed to work. They tried to reboot the name with Mac Gargan, and nearly pulled it off until they gave it up. "Flash" Venom has been okay, if a terrible idea to start with. But Anti-Venom was stupid. The character should really just lie silent for a significantly longer period of time- he still has the stink of the '90s on him. He's practically a poisoned one-man-Clone Saga at this point.