Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Brock is back  (Read 836 times)

MTL76

• Crisis Actor
  • CROM Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
Re: Brock is back
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 08:10:44 AM »

^^^Next up: Coagulant
Anticoagulant
Decoagulant
 :o

It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Minority shareholder in the Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)
The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 03:45:02 AM »

^^^As someone who respects your opinion and is confident in my own, i find your parting zing pretty funny.

Never been a fan of anti heroic Venom, and was barely a fan of straight up villainous Venom. I found him a sign of Spidey stepping away from the things that made him awesome and becoming just another "grim gritty character with grim gritty villains" guy.
I was afraid he was losing his friendly neighborhood aspect.
I thought that back in 1988, and given the directions and storylines that have followed over the last 29 years?
I was right.

First thought that back when he's girl friend got killed by the green goblin or maybe when Sin-Eater blew out that one chicks guts with a shot gun.  Venom was kind of late in the game for that one.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 07:11:44 AM »

Agree to disagree.

To clarify:
If you cant see the difference in the 'Death of Gwen Stacy' and 'Who killed Jean DeWolf' stories/story lines (two of the most highly regarded story lines in Spidey's decades long run) and Venom running around jonesing on eating brains, i dont see the point in going back and forth for several posts on what those differences are.
So, agree to disagree.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 12:02:48 PM by riv6672 »

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 11:55:05 PM »

Agree to disagree.

To clarify:
If you cant see the difference in the 'Death of Gwen Stacy' and 'Who killed Jean DeWolf' stories/story lines (two of the most highly regarded story lines in Spidey's decades long run) and Venom running around jonesing on eating brains, i dont see the point in going back and forth for several posts on what those differences are.
So, agree to disagree.

Just saying; been awhile since he was really "friendly neighborhood".

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:29 AM »

Like i said, agree to disagree. ::)

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 08:16:18 PM »

Like i said, agree to disagree. ::)

Gonna have to disagree with that.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 08:40:49 PM »

Fight! Fight! Fight!

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 05:05:34 AM »

Not hardly.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 11:58:51 PM »

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:35 AM »

Please dont eat my brains.

g-train

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 12:07:58 AM »

Please dont eat my brains.

Brain eating?

Who do you think I am?  one of those boy loving Romans?

This is my profession?!?!?!

Jabroniville

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 08:58:59 AM »

Venom is a huge part of why '90s comics were ridiculous- the character himself wasn't so bad until he started that retarded "Protector of the Innocent" garbage, which made no sense compared to the selfish idiot he was before. But then the culmination of things... turning "heroic" because he was popular. Showing up CONSTANTLY in all the Spider-books (and a few others!)... getting a Spin-Off Villain in Carnage... getting MORE Spin-Off Villains in the five Symbiotes... then Toxin... then HYBRID... he just kept adding stupider and stupider things to comics, all because he was a cool-looking, lethal villain that made the hero afraid.

They've tried bringing him back repeatedly- silly gimmick after silly gimmick has failed to work. They tried to reboot the name with Mac Gargan, and nearly pulled it off until they gave it up. "Flash" Venom has been okay, if a terrible idea to start with. But Anti-Venom was stupid. The character should really just lie silent for a significantly longer period of time- he still has the stink of the '90s on him. He's practically a poisoned one-man-Clone Saga at this point.

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAY 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »

Venom is a huge part of why '90s comics were ridiculous- the character himself wasn't so bad until he started that retarded "Protector of the Innocent" garbage, which made no sense compared to the selfish idiot he was before. But then the culmination of things... turning "heroic" because he was popular. Showing up CONSTANTLY in all the Spider-books (and a few others!)... getting a Spin-Off Villain in Carnage... getting MORE Spin-Off Villains in the five Symbiotes... then Toxin... then HYBRID... he just kept adding stupider and stupider things to comics, all because he was a cool-looking, lethal villain that made the hero afraid.

They've tried bringing him back repeatedly- silly gimmick after silly gimmick has failed to work. They tried to reboot the name with Mac Gargan, and nearly pulled it off until they gave it up. "Flash" Venom has been okay, if a terrible idea to start with. But Anti-Venom was stupid. The character should really just lie silent for a significantly longer period of time- he still has the stink of the '90s on him. He's practically a poisoned one-man-Clone Saga at this point.

Pages: 1 [2]