Herochat

US Intelligence vs Russia and whatever Assange is tweeting about.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
Re: US Intelligence vs Russia and whatever Assange is tweeting about.
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 07:05:51 PM »
Anyone still on it wasnt russia train

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »

There was never much of a "It wasn't Russia Train" as "The US should stop picking fights and the DNC should own up to their shit instead of acting like children" train, which I am still firmly on.

Although, keep in mind, these agencies are putting up disclaimers all over their reports pretty much saying "Yeah, we don't really stand by what we're reporting on here".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpG97mGZhY
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:40:57 PM by AP »

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »

There was never much of a "It wasn't Russia Train" as "The US should stop picking fights and the DNC should own up to their shit instead of acting like children" train, which I am still firmly on.

Although, keep in mind, these agencies are putting up disclaimers all over their reports pretty much saying "Yeah, we don't really stand by what we're reporting on here".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmpG97mGZhY

Naa they were. Werent you calling this idea, of Russia hacking the dnc bullshit. That ut was just DNC just making excuses, then refrence The nam thing.

Also is it really picking a fight if a country hack your elections and you say "Hey cut that shit out"

Again let say the DNC sucks. Next time they will hack maybe a groupl you dont think sucks. It be best to avoid that. Maybe a country who has an oil deal, hacks a group that protesting a pipe line would you be cool with that.  Or some group protesting a genocide, get hack

Or let Say a Jill Stein runs...and she get high up there.  What if China against her  and hacks the green partyu. Becuase remeber it wasnt Hillary email that actully got hack.  Your going to be cool with that

Rules cant only apply to people we like

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2017, 11:59:15 PM »
Oh the DNC is still making lame excuses.  That is true regardless if Russia had anything to do with anything.  And the military infustrial complex is still itching for a fight regardless if Russia had anything yo do with anything.  My points still stand.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2017, 12:08:01 AM »
Oh the DNC is still making lame excuses.  That is true regardless if Russia had anything to do with anything.  And the military infustrial complex is still itching for a fight regardless if Russia had anything yo do with anything.  My points still stand.

But do you still not think russia did the hack

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2017, 01:01:00 AM »
I'm at 50% or so at the moment, which is at least 50% more than before.

therock

• +45/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:57 AM »
I'm at 50% or so at the moment, which is at least 50% more than before.

Even thought the trump admistration themselves, and anyone who saw the info said "yea it was the Russian"

Get not beleaving the 17 Agencies..somewhat. But what in it for Trump to say it.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2017, 03:17:21 AM »
I haven't seen what the Trump people have said yet in regards to this

Keep in mind that, if we're talking about the Wikileaks stuff at least, the Trump admin had nothing to do with Wikileaks and many of the people in Trump's cabinet have called for Assange's death among other things, so they would have no idea.

If we are talking about Trump's people openly admitting that the Russians hacked voting machines and other things to get them in power, then obviously, they need to be brought to justice for a number of charges.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:35:39 AM by AP »

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2017, 04:46:29 AM »
There was definitely a "It wasn't Russia Train" up until a couple of days ago.

They've been talking out of both sides of their mouth a bit. After the CIA briefing on Friday that Conway woman was asked if she/Trump believed it was Russia now and she said that it was definitely the case that "Russia, China and others" had hacked many parts of the government which seemed to appease the interviewer but on closer examination isn't really saying anything much.

After the briefing at his press conference Trump more or less conceded that it was Russia but blew it off at the same time with a bunch of weird reasoning:

""As far as hacking, I think it was Russia," Trump said in his first press conference in about six months. "But I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people."

Russia "shouldn't have done it; they won't be doing it," Trump added. "Russia will have far greater respect for us when I'm running the country.""

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3156770/security/trump-it-was-probably-russia-that-hacked-the-dnc-clinton-campaign.html

I suppose this would be seen as a bigger deal given all the shit-talking Trump's done over the past few weeks if it wasn't for PissGate sucking up all the oxygen in the room.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:21 AM »
There was definitely a "It wasn't Russia Train" up until a couple of days ago.

They've been talking out of both sides of their mouth a bit. After the CIA briefing on Friday that Conway woman was asked if she/Trump believed it was Russia now and she said that it was definitely the case that "Russia, China and others" had hacked many parts of the government which seemed to appease the interviewer but on closer examination isn't really saying anything much.

After the briefing at his press conference Trump more or less conceded that it was Russia but blew it off at the same time with a bunch of weird reasoning:

""As far as hacking, I think it was Russia," Trump said in his first press conference in about six months. "But I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people."

Russia "shouldn't have done it; they won't be doing it," Trump added. "Russia will have far greater respect for us when I'm running the country.""

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3156770/security/trump-it-was-probably-russia-that-hacked-the-dnc-clinton-campaign.html

I suppose this would be seen as a bigger deal given all the shit-talking Trump's done over the past few weeks if it wasn't for PissGate sucking up all the oxygen in the room.

But all of this is speculation.  Trump and his cronies have nothign to do with Wikileaks so them saying "Yeah, I think so, sure, maybe" says nothing at all.

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
But all of this is speculation.  Trump and his cronies have nothign to do with Wikileaks so them saying "Yeah, I think so, sure, maybe" says nothing at all.

I havent followed all of the last couple of pages but i dont see what Wikileaks has to with the change in Trump's stance since he was actually briefed by the CIA.

Having said that i checked out Wikileaks Twitter feed and its pretty crazy how aligned with Trump's interests they seem to have become. The day before PissGate they were still leaking Clinton's email investigation details and since PissGate they've done nothing but push the message that the PissGate allegations are untrue. IIRC Assange gave some explanation last year as to why he felt Clinton was a more important target than Trump but at this point, especially given Hilary's career is over and Trump will be President in like a week it just looks ridiculous.

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:41 AM »

I'm still on the 'it could be anyone including Russia, but so what anyway?' train.

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »

I havent followed all of the last couple of pages but i dont see what Wikileaks has to with the change in Trump's stance since he was actually briefed by the CIA.

Having said that i checked out Wikileaks Twitter feed and its pretty crazy how aligned with Trump's interests they seem to have become. The day before PissGate they were still leaking Clinton's email investigation details and since PissGate they've done nothing but push the message that the PissGate allegations are untrue. IIRC Assange gave some explanation last year as to why he felt Clinton was a more important target than Trump but at this point, especially given Hilary's career is over and Trump will be President in like a week it just looks ridiculous.

They never "became aligned" with anyone.  They have always gone after corruption.  Certain people loved them so long as they didn't expose their pet politicians.

Fifthchild

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

They never "became aligned" with anyone.  They have always gone after corruption.  Certain people loved them so long as they didn't expose their pet politicians.

I think its pretty clearly that they spend the majority of their time at this point amplifying messages that the Trump people are trying to make and the corruption they seem to be most interested in is related to Clinton/Democrats. Assange said as much before the election (IIRC saying that he felt Hilary was more dangerous than Trump). I'm not suggesting that the two groups are colluding but the scale of the discrepancy in terms of time devoted to positive/negative commentary about different sides is impossible to deny. And given that Trump is about to take over and their is hardly a shortage of corruption, conflicts of interest and scandals associated with him that line doesnt really fly.

I do regret bringing it up somewhat since i knew it would derail the conversation. And if you see it otherwise then i dont think we will ever agree on it. But yes - there was a "It wasn't Russia" Train and its only in the last couple of days that people have jumped onto the "OK it was Russia but so what?" train.

XerxesTWD

• +96/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2017, 10:12:46 AM »
So I guess seeing his tax returns won't be happening like he promised... :)
He's assured everybody only reporters want to see his tax returns. Nobody else in America wants to see them. Even though only 17% of America even voted for him.