Herochat

US Intelligence vs Russia and whatever Assange is tweeting about.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
Re: US Intelligence vs Russia and whatever Assange is tweeting about.
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 11:47:30 PM »
Watch the interview with Hannity. He purposely goes around saying it. He said his source wasn't from Russia. He pulls the same tactic he points out Obama is doing.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 12:34:40 AM »
When i said russia news reported it. Not talking about something vauge. But an actully peice of info that was later revealed in wikileaks. Not just specilatin but found in the emails

And I showed you instances of stuff that was reported on in the US before it was on wikileaks.

As for what assange suggesting hillary has assassins have to do with where assange got the leaks, it shows he willing to bull shit. So when he says russia didnt give him the leaks it might be bullshit. Least possible enough i wont discount 17 agencies on his word alone

He said he believes something might have happened but never said for certain.  Even if he did bullshit about something, the US government are far bigger bullshitters.

Cia coming out with the evidence monday. What would they need to give to make you sau "yea russia probably did it"

Or the defintly did it

Honestly want to know

Ever heard of the Gulf of Tonkin Incident?

He applied something was happen without proof. If said Ap might of molested Children, and I offering 10,000 for info..but Im not SAYING he did it..you would call bullshit.  He basicly just floated out there just to mess with someone he hate, the hell with how it affects the family. If Hillary Suggested Bernie was a Russia Spy...and I was like "But AP..she never SAID he was"...you would say Im full of shit. And what it has to do with his russia statment is it goes into his credbilltiy. Same reason Im sure you brough up they were wrong about WMD's in another topic.  That not them talking about Russia. But people brought it up because it question the credibilty off goverment agencies.

You point out incidents of speculation. I am talking about info that could only be getting from Wikileaks that was reported before Wikileaks

And again didnt answer the question. What evidence would you need to say "Yea they did it"

Even if you HATE hillary this is bad. Because this is about futurue elections as well. Every group have inside fighting and dealing. We all have Emails where we may not like people to see where where talking shit.  People can hate her, and still think this hacking an issue.

I answeres your question with another question.  Are you aware of the Gulf on Tonkin Incident?  That tells you something about how much I believe intelligence agencies.

So your answer is basicly NO amount of evidence would do. Your set in that decesion

And to answer Your question. Know of that. 2 seperate incidents that got us into nam.  One un aug 2nd on Aug 4th. With the aug 4th one being left in question.  I am assuming because that inicdent might of been false back in nam, then its perfectly reasomble to discount ANYTHING they a goverment agency say despite the evidence, and no matter how many agnecies agree...now, before and foreverr.

my view is you should take it as 100 percent gospel what they say, but you cant 100 percent discount. Depsnd on the evidence. That Why I ask "what evidence would it take"

Which seems to be is  "No amount of evidence would do it". If I am wrong....thens say so..then maybe answer what type of evidemce would it take

my reason for my stance is the seem reason I am aware Tuskegee experement but not against Vaccines

You realize the Gulf of Tonkin Incident was faked right?  This isn't some Letters false flag shit.  It has been revealed that shit didn't happen.  My point is that there is a long history of this sort of shit that gets us involved in wars that we should have never been involved in.

I am not saying I will never been convinced but I am saying the government needs to bring some solid evidence to the table.

Which I ask before what evidence would you need early. Wasnt a gotcha question. You could of just said I need "Absolute 100 percent proof" would of took that.  But least we establish if it solid enough you beleave it

They have brought some pretty good evidence so far, and it 17 agencies.  So the statment there NO EVIDENCE simply not true

So far as the evidence  is
Where the hacks orginated
Malware found use in the hacks was also found in other russian operations
the fact the hackers were Russian
The fact we caught them already hacking in registration database
Russian lanague errors in the documents
The hackers being Russian who did this shit before
The methods
And URL shorting tool..that was use in othe russain attacks including attack on anti Russian Journalist

That why I bring up the tuskgree thing. We KNOW they experemtn on people. But that alone wont make me discount the whole medical community..when they say a Flu outbreak happening..you may want to get a shot.

Also dont see the huge motive for all these agnecies making this up for the simple purposes of shitting on the next president. Because he going to be president regardess. And the agnecies were least looking into this and concern back when they still thought trump couldn't win. If that was the goal they would of did this more during the election. While I totally see Trump and Assange motive of downplaying this. Namely when some of these agnecies have people who lean to the right. And they have evidence. This not some wild speculation. Now monday they going to releas  more stuff

now it very possible they may shit the bed
But it also possibe they may add even more evidence to the evidence pile. And I think people are son entrinch in not buying this story..it wont be any evidence that is enough. It seem unless there a video tapes of Putin and Trump talking about the plan to hack, while Trump points to the newspaper, and Assange in the backround people wont buy it. Hell even with it they may think it doctored

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 02:09:03 AM »
Watch the interview with Hannity. He purposely goes around saying it. He said his source wasn't from Russia. He pulls the same tactic he points out Obama is doing.

I try to avoid Hannity, but I'll give it a watch when I have time.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 02:23:01 AM »
Which I ask before what evidence would you need early. Wasnt a gotcha question. You could of just said I need "Absolute 100 percent proof" would of took that.  But least we establish if it solid enough you beleave it

They have brought some pretty good evidence so far, and it 17 agencies.  So the statment there NO EVIDENCE simply not true

The methods
And URL shorting tool..that was use in othe russain attacks including attack on anti Russian Journalist

That why I bring up the tuskgree thing. We KNOW they experemtn on people. But that alone wont make me discount the whole medical community..when they say a Flu outbreak happening..you may want to get a shot.

Also dont see the huge motive for all these agnecies making this up for the simple purposes of shitting on the next president. Because he going to be president regardess. And the agnecies were least looking into this and concern back when they still thought trump couldn't win. If that was the goal they would of did this more during the election. While I totally see Trump and Assange motive of downplaying this. Namely when some of these agnecies have people who lean to the right. And they have evidence. This not some wild speculation. Now monday they going to releas  more stuff

But it also possibe they may add even more evidence to the evidence pile. And I think people are son entrinch in not buying this story..it wont be any evidence that is enough. It seem unless there a video tapes of Putin and Trump talking about the plan to hack, while Trump points to the newspaper, and Assange in the backround people wont buy it. Hell even with it they may think it doctored

You are not understanding what I'm getting at.  Considering the history of the US government, when it comes to getting proof a foreign power did something worthy of war, it is smart to at least be somewhat skeptical.  Hell, this wouldn't even be the first time the government drummed up fear mongering against Russia to justify some stupid military action.

It doesn't help that the DNC have been pointing fingers at EVERYONE since the election and never once admitted that they may have fucked up just a little bit.  The majority of Americans believe that screwed the pooch on some level and they have been children about the entire situation, so again, it shouldn't be that surprising when people roll their eyes when they scream "Russians did it!".

Also, what did Russia actually do?  There is never a consistent story, but here's where I stand with the different versions out there:

1) If they leaked info to Assange in some way, I don't give a shit, as I've stated many times.  Next time, they need to beef up their cyber security and maybe not be corrupt asshats and this sort of thing won't happen.  They only have themselves to blame if they allowed Russia to do this.

2) If they actually hacked ballots or registration or otherwise directly tampered with voting, then we need to take this to the House or the Supreme Court because Trump did not become president under legitimate means.

3) If Trump was directly involved, then he needs to be brought before a Senate hearing pronto and if found guilty, thrown in prison for treason.

When it comes to 2 and 3, there seems to be a lot of talk and no action.  If the government TRULY believed this, then the inauguration would be put on hold until they got to the bottom of this.  They don't really seem to want to do much other than get everyone to hate Russia.  And, again, if it's number 1, I wouldn't care too much anyway.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2017, 08:30:23 AM »

Its in the first 10 minutes. Hannity even tries to get him to straight out says Russia didn't do the hacks and won't.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »

The methods

You are not understanding what I'm getting at.  Considering the history of the US government, when it comes to getting proof a foreign power did something worthy of war, it is smart to at least be somewhat skeptical.  Hell, this wouldn't even be the first time the government drummed up fear mongering against Russia to justify some stupid military action.

It doesn't help that the DNC have been pointing fingers at EVERYONE since the election and never once admitted that they may have fucked up just a little bit.  The majority of Americans believe that screwed the pooch on some level and they have been children about the entire situation, so again, it shouldn't be that surprising when people roll their eyes when they scream "Russians did it!".

Also, what did Russia actually do?  There is never a consistent story, but here's where I stand with the different versions out there:

1) If they leaked info to Assange in some way, I don't give a shit, as I've stated many times.  Next time, they need to beef up their cyber security and maybe not be corrupt asshats and this sort of thing won't happen.  They only have themselves to blame if they allowed Russia to do this.

2) If they actually hacked ballots or registration or otherwise directly tampered with voting, then we need to take this to the House or the Supreme Court because Trump did not become president under legitimate means.

3) If Trump was directly involved, then he needs to be brought before a Senate hearing pronto and if found guilty, thrown in prison for treason.

When it comes to 2 and 3, there seems to be a lot of talk and no action.  If the government TRULY believed this, then the inauguration would be put on hold until they got to the bottom of this.  They don't really seem to want to do much other than get everyone to hate Russia.  And, again, if it's number 1, I wouldn't care too much anyway.

When it comes to consitency, it simple they did multiple things. They tried multiple things. So when they said they hacked he DNC, and they use online trolls..and they tried to hack into the registration booths..they did ALL 3.  They attack with multiple attacks. It was a huge cyber attack. Some they manage to stop some they didnt.  Also there being skeptcal and there compeltly discpount evidence. Where people said there absolutly no eviendce..when kind of a decent amount

As for the Majorty. The Majorty of voters, voted for Hillary. She got around the same level of pouplar vote of Obama in 2012. Just got it in the wrong places. But that neither here or there. Let say she got no vote. Hacking insnt only crime if it done to people we like or oeople who are great at cyber security. In fact most hacking done to people who arent good at it
I mean I didnt like the movie the interview. But when Sony was Attack there was a strike back. Now we can say Sony suck and expose some shady shit. Shit which was reported on with thos leaks regardless. But we still struck publicly

1) Here the thing the DNC mighty simply not have the resource to fight an Entire country Cyber capabillity let alone any other country to attack.  next time it may not be the DNC. Next time it might a Jill Stein.  To fix the issue one first acknowledge and investigate that the issue exist. Next time it may be a goverment insitution because they tired. And it much be a price to pay for doing so. Not a full scale nuckler war, but an attack

2) Well they did hack the registration Database. People just manage to catach it early. There was a push for a recount which was stopped. Now dont think it would change the result but they were in there legal right to do so and was paying for it themselves. Go to the supreme court..what supreme court. The always tied one till Trump put one of his guys. The same one during Gore and Bush. And agian this is not about not having trump as president..its a basic secuirt matter

3) Dont know if they were directly involver. Dont think Trump was.  But his people do have connection to Russia where in in Putin best interested to have him in. Not that Trump work directly. But if a dude owes you a ton of money, and you have his people owe you money, then you want that guy charge. Because you owe him, and he might do favors for you. Look the other way when you do something

Thing about 2 and 3 relaisticly they only have till trump is president to do anything. He can fire people and reverse any sanctions.  He also already said he will have his own private intelegence.  So the best they can do is present enough evidence publicly that will force him to take this stuff seriously. Which granted maybe that pushing a boulder up the hill at this point, but there at leas trying

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »

Its in the first 10 minutes. Hannity even tries to get him to straight out says Russia didn't do the hacks and won't.

He didn't say that though did he. He said it wasn't the Russian government. He skirted the 'freelancer' issue.
I guess it depends what you mean by Russia. Using it as a singular entity is a bit...yeah

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »
here what he been saying
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-09/wikileaks-press-conference-post-mortem-cia-issued-press-release-not-intelligence-rep

“Your whole premise has been that you don’t know sources and therefore can’t endanger them. Now you say you don’t know your source.” Assange denies that this statement was made, and asserted that the source is not a state party. He clarifies that Wikileaks treats their source information with care and wants to keep that record. He says that depending on the case, they can give more or less information without compromising their safety.

“Is Wikileaks sure that the go-between didn’t get the information from the Russians or a private hacking group on order from the Russians?
” Assange stated that “we can’t play 20 questions with sources, for obvious reasons.”

On Trump some interesting things

“How do you feel about trump cabinet picks that called for the death penalty for Wikileaks whistleblowers?”
Assange states that many Republicans and Republican supporters were opportunists, but they were also mislead by the media and specifically the Obama administration that the Wikileaks releases led to the deaths of US soldiers. Assange states that this was proven to be false.

“What would you say to people who see Wikileaks’ recent activity as an open endorsement of trump?” Assange states that before the election, he released an editorial (presumably this one) on behalf of Wikileaks which answered some of these concerns. He admits they all assumed Hillary was going to win, and goes on to explain that the conflict was mainly against the elite power class. He also asserts that he has concerns about Trump’s administration and calls many of his cabinet choices “poor” with “some interesting ones”. Trump will “loosen up” DC, he says – both positively and negatively.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 05:02:46 PM »
When it comes to consitency, it simple they did multiple things. They tried multiple things. So when they said they hacked he DNC, and they use online trolls..and they tried to hack into the registration booths..they did ALL 3.  They attack with multiple attacks. It was a huge cyber attack. Some they manage to stop some they didnt.  Also there being skeptcal and there compeltly discpount evidence. Where people said there absolutly no eviendce..when kind of a decent amount

Some of that was speculation from Washington Post and other news outlets.  This is why I say there's inconsistency.

As for the Majorty. The Majorty of voters, voted for Hillary

That doesn't disprove what I said about most people believing she was terrible to one degree or another.  There are tons of people who voted for her because they hated her less than they hated Trump.  I personally know people who have nothing nice to say about her whatsoever and voted for her anyway just so they wouldn't get Trump.  Then you factor in people who didn't vote or voted third party and you get a lot of people who didn't trust the bitch.

I mean I didnt like the movie the interview. But when Sony was Attack there was a strike back. Now we can say Sony suck and expose some shady shit. Shit which was reported on with thos leaks regardless. But we still struck publicly

Did we?  I didn't see anything.  In fact, a lot of people used the opportunity to laugh at Sony or check in to see what is going on behind the scenes.

1) Here the thing the DNC mighty simply not have the resource to fight an Entire country Cyber capabillity let alone any other country to attack.  next time it may not be the DNC. Next time it might a Jill Stein.  To fix the issue one first acknowledge and investigate that the issue exist. Next time it may be a goverment insitution because they tired. And it much be a price to pay for doing so. Not a full scale nuckler war, but an attack

From all indications, they weren't very good at using computers.  And again, acted like assholes to begin

2) Well they did hack the registration Database. People just manage to catach it early. There was a push for a recount which was stopped. Now dont think it would change the result but they were in there legal right to do so and was paying for it themselves. Go to the supreme court..what supreme court. The always tied one till Trump put one of his guys. The same one during Gore and Bush. And agian this is not about not having trump as president..its a basic secuirt matter

They should be able to make the case if they found mass voter fraud.

3) Dont know if they were directly involver. Dont think Trump was.  But his people do have connection to Russia where in in Putin best interested to have him in. Not that Trump work directly. But if a dude owes you a ton of money, and you have his people owe you money, then you want that guy charge. Because you owe him, and he might do favors for you. Look the other way when you do something

Again, why aren't his people being investigated?  Arrests should be made.

These are things they should be doing before he becomes president since it would be easier to nail him that way.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 08:31:58 PM by AP »

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »

He didn't say that though did he. He said it wasn't the Russian government. He skirted the 'freelancer' issue.
I guess it depends what you mean by Russia. Using it as a singular entity is a bit...yeah

Yeah, he said there was "no state party".  He dances a bit, I admit.

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

Gotta say something here. I'm with you on investigations,( and if found guilty of cyber warfare ie government sponsored hackings)- I'm with you on possible sanctions, expose's to the world wide population and other legal and PR options.
But when you talk about an attack you're letting slip on all sanity. You want a localised war, a warette, because we can't have these darned Ruskies doing to us what we do to other countriers all the time.
And warettes have no chance at all of becoming world wide conflagrations in this climate at all. At all.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »

Gotta say something here. I'm with you on investigations,( and if found guilty of cyber warfare ie government sponsored hackings)- I'm with you on possible sanctions, expose's to the world wide population and other legal and PR options.
But when you talk about an attack you're letting slip on all sanity. You want a localised war, a warette, because we can't have these darned Ruskies doing to us what we do to other countriers all the time.
And warettes have no chance at all of becoming world wide conflagrations in this climate at all. At all.

Well it was an attack. Just a cyber one.  Accoring to them they were was an attempt to hack into a white house

Same with the Sony Hack. They hack a hollywood studio. So we hacked them back. it did not end with Armagadon. Unless I am currently dying of Radiaiton fall out poisoning..and what I am witnessing now  is "Jacbon Ladder" type scenario. That response wasnt controveral..because clearly people Hate Hillary more then they dislke James Franco. So thus this somehow became a partiasna issue

Yea we do that stuff to

But as i said we Also Drone attack people. Are you oke with  being Drone. Guessing no.  If we were drone would you want to goverment to go "Welps Fair is Fair. Not going to to do anything or call it out because that would be hypocrital".  I am guesisng you wouldnt

Same if someone hack us. Again same

Santicons worked in the passed. We dont want war, but here the hint Russia doesnt to.  But when they hack us we SHOULD repond. Doesnt mean you wan twar

is there some war hawks pushing this- Yea
is there some just dems wanting to make excuses- Yea

Can all that be true..and also be true that they hack us, and we should do something about it. YES..AND yes

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 08:23:15 PM »
Same with the Sony Hack. They hack a hollywood studio. So we hacked them back.

No we didn't, especially since no one was sure where the hacks came from.

But as i said we Also Drone attack people. Are you oke with  being Drone. Guessing no.  If we were drone would you want to goverment to go "Welps Fair is Fair. Not going to to do anything or call it out because that would be hypocrital".  I am guesisng you wouldnt

You are missing the point of that argument.  We pick fights and should expect people to retaliate.  It's called blowback.

As long as you admit there's that possibility.

therock

• +50/-65
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »

You are missing the point of that argument.  We pick fights and should expect people to retaliate.  It's called blowback.

We hacked them back. There just HAPPEN to be a hack soon toward their country that hurt their finacies. We hacked them back. After we said we were going strike back..days later they got hit. For all your talk about goverment secret, do you really beleave that was a corincidence. And it wasnt this outcry "Oh we shouldnt be talking bad about north Korea". Most people were on board "fuck those mother fuckers"  "Lets do something about".  The country was generaly united. Oh a reason there not now..is so many people DESPISE hillary with a white hot passion. That there in genral an feeling "Fuck her..its good Russia did this". But here the thing Hillary, Russia still around.

Oh I fully understand we should expect blowback. Doest mean when it happen we should go "MEH whatevs" as a response. Most attacks on our country are blow Back. Most attack on our embaassies are blow Back. We still respond. Hell most teorrist just dont do shit out of the blue for no fucking reason.  But we dont just ignore and accept their attacks

Again never denied..that there werent some who doiung this because of hate on Russia, and DNC partly as an excuse. But it also true Russia could be hacking us. And here the kicker all 3 came be true AT THE SAME TIME. DNC can suck..and Russia hacking can also be bad At the same time.

AP

• +119/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »

We hacked them back. There just HAPPEN to be a hack soon toward their country that hurt their finacies. We hacked them back. After we said we were going strike back..days later they got hit. For all your talk about goverment secret, do you really beleave that was a corincidence. And it wasnt this outcry "Oh we shouldnt be talking bad about north Korea". Most people were on board "fuck those mother fuckers"  "Lets do something about".  The country was generaly united. Oh a reason there not now..is so many people DESPISE hillary with a white hot passion. That there in genral an feeling "Fuck her..its good Russia did this". But here the thing Hillary, Russia still around.

You seem to think Russia was behind the Sony hack.  It wasn't.  North Korea might've been, but they also might've just read the hacks, saw The Interview, and decided to get pissy about it.  Another theory is that a disgruntled Sony employee did it.  No one ever fully found out who did it.