« Reply #900 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:23 AM »
“Woman you are not fit to be my concubine let alone my advisor”

Oh Marvel. Keep it classy

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
Re: New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread
« Reply #901 on: December 20, 2017, 09:08:39 AM »
I hate this crap at Marvel were new heroes are smarter, wiser ans always better than the originals. Thor, Odin have been turned into ciracurtures of themselves. Don't get me wrong you need conflict, but just b/c you're a black, a woman, lesbian, gay or young that doesn't make automatically right and the older established hero automatically wrong. But I guess a nuanced showing of both sides of an argument is beyond Marvel writers.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 20, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
“Woman you are not fit to be my concubine let alone my advisor”

Oh Marvel. Keep it classy
The wise allfather is reduced to being a sexist, womanizer pig.

This disgusts even me.

fangirl101

• +36/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 20, 2017, 09:38:30 AM »
I hate this crap at Marvel were new heroes are smarter, wiser ans always better than the originals. Thor, Odin have been turned into ciracurtures of themselves. Don't get me wrong you need conflict, but just b/c you're a black, a woman, lesbian, gay or young that doesn't make automatically right and the older established hero automatically wrong. But I guess a nuanced showing of both sides of an argument is beyond Marvel writers.
Black? Marvel's Black heroes absolutely suck. And beem sucking.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 20, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »

The fact that you're taking the self evident SJW liberal racist insult of conflating those categories seriously for the purpose of begging for approval from the white supremacists in fandom speaks volumes.

But that aside, these fake liberals' window dressing fake 'diversity' and their fascist fake enemies(both being the left/right hands/ pawns of totalitarian empire) are both pathetic.

« Reply #905 on: December 20, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »
"It has been far too long since I kissed a Thor"

:-X

Cheers.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 20, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
Any scans or info on the new Doctor Strange?  It's supposed to have Sentry vs. Asgard and Doctor Strange making a deal to access asgardian magic.  People are claiming that Strange says it's greater than any magic he's had before and I'd like to see it.

80sBaby

• +31/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 20, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »
Batman #37 was pretty great. Bruce, Selina go on a double date with Clark and Lois. The women are now my favorite couple in comics, which was surprising.

I've never been a fan of the Bruce/Selina pairing but this issue sold me.

Gree

• +40/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 20, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »
Any scans or info on the new Doctor Strange?  It's supposed to have Sentry vs. Asgard and Doctor Strange making a deal to access asgardian magic.  People are claiming that Strange says it's greater than any magic he's had before and I'd like to see it.

Why is Sentry fighting Asgard?

Rage.Of.Olympus

• +9/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 20, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »

Courtesy of Galan at KMC.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 21, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
Oh and Superman is providing enough power to move Earth to Dark Multiverse. Removing him from the machine stops the earth from sinking.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11133/111332122/6197461-6680503945-010_0.jpg

It was shown at the end of the last issue.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ofiNNFIpc_E/Wd3tBM6wNiI/AAAAAAACIew/wnUbxM2Szw0XvsqXKQ-xC1Y3tNkMpQl3wCLcBGAs/s1600/016_0025.jpg

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 21, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
There was a nice feat near the end of Batman 37, when Batman hit a home run off a baseball thrown to him by SM. The amazing thing about that is SM claims SB his 10 yr old can't hit his thrown fastball and SB also has SS. WHile SB speed is less than his father her does possess the power. But to be honest Batman calculated SM can't throw a baseball  with all his power b/c beyond a certain speed a baseball will fall apart. Given the human eye can't see any object moving over 253 mph, that's an amazing feat. So basically Batman has proven to be able to hit a baseball thrown at  least over 110 mph IIRC the record for a throw fastball to possibly just under 253 mph if not more. By the way does anyone know at what speed a baseball fall apart?

Gree

• +40/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 21, 2017, 03:28:57 PM »
Don’t like what they’ve done with Strange. But having Sentry back is cool

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 22, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
Don’t like what they’ve done with Strange. But having Sentry back is cool
If he was written to his potential, you'd be correct. But they'll have him job to Thor or Hulk and be an emotional basket case again.

Gree

• +40/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:33 PM »
Yep