Herochat

New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
Re: New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread
« Reply #660 on: September 06, 2017, 11:25:49 AM »
Iceman confirned more powerful than Thor's godblast and stopped Juggernaut.

Seriously what the fuck was that.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 06, 2017, 11:52:06 AM »
An amped and more powerful juggernaut to boot

Freeze the speed of light? That doesn't even make sense

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 06, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
I figured it was just supposed to be absolute zero and the writer is dumb.

« Reply #663 on: September 06, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »

He actually says immediately before that he can't stop the Juggernaut directly. It reads to me like it's supposed to be some kind of "clever" workaround where Bobby targets the atmosphere surrounding Juggy rather than Juggy himself, but it's so poorly constructed that it just doesn't make any sense.

Cheers.

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 06, 2017, 06:36:15 PM »
The writer is indeed an idiot. He either meant that Bobby froze the air particles at light speed or that he froze the actual light particles around Juggs.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 06, 2017, 11:15:52 PM »

He actually says immediately before that he can't stop the Juggernaut directly. It reads to me like it's supposed to be some kind of "clever" workaround where Bobby targets the atmosphere surrounding Juggy rather than Juggy himself, but it's so poorly constructed that it just doesn't make any sense.

Cheers.
Yeah, I was just commenting on how idiotic was that.

Commander

• +19/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2017, 12:39:44 AM »
Haha.... that was the dumbest writing I have ever read.

It freakin makes Kubo Tite a mad genius of a writer.

The least he could do was to indicate, he froze all the molecules of the area at the sub-atomic level that Juggz had no ability to move. Zero friction. Zero movement. If he had eye beams, even eye beams can't trigger.

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2017, 07:06:53 PM »

The least he could do was to indicate, he froze all the molecules of the area at the sub-atomic level that Juggz had no ability to move. Zero friction. Zero movement. If he had eye beams, even eye beams can't trigge
The problem is the writer should do some basic research, any competent HS Physics book would tell him he's full of S#it what he's describing is impossible.  While your explanation is makes scientific sense,  nevertheless unless IM is constantly freezing the ice around Jugg, he would easily breakout. Beyond this the story indicates Marvel doesn't think long term, Jugg who used to give Thor & Hulk fits   and take on teams by himself is beaten  by IM which will lead to other writers having  him Job to other Marvel characters including street lvl characters. Which basically brings him down to Rhino lvl.

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 07, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
Again against a juggernaut that was amped to be able to kill Cyttorak himself

Comics are fun

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 07, 2017, 08:35:42 PM »

The least he could do was to indicate, he froze all the molecules of the area at the sub-atomic level that Juggz had no ability to move. Zero friction. Zero movement. If he had eye beams, even eye beams can't trigge
The problem is the writer should do some basic research, any competent HS Physics book would tell him he's full of S#it what he's describing is impossible.  While your explanation is makes scientific sense,  nevertheless unless IM is constantly freezing the ice around Jugg, he would easily breakout. Beyond this the story indicates Marvel doesn't think long term, Jugg who used to give Thor & Hulk fits   and take on teams by himself is beaten  by IM which will lead to other writers having  him Job to other Marvel characters including street lvl characters. Which basically brings him down to Rhino lvl.

To be fair, Iceman at full potential would easily be a team wrecker like Hulk or Thor. Plus, him bring uber isn't new.

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 08, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »

To be fair, Iceman at full potential would easily be a team wrecker like Hulk or Thor. Plus, him bring uber isn't new.
While that's a valid point. Except Marvel have a tendency to lower the level of opponents against a hero after fighting a major foe & the lesser foe giving the hero fits. Were IM to fight only Top Tier lvl opponents from now on it would be no problem. Thor & Hulk do it almost all the time.  Perfect  example is Spiderman after beating Firelord fights the Lizard, Power Pack who  took on and beat a Galactic Power comes back to Earth and they fight an ordinary human with a pair of 45. I don't know about you but the power lvl contrast is jarring. When you do something like this the previous  feat tends to be discounted and disputed by everyone. I'm not saying a hero can't beat a more powerful opponent but it should be done by tactics, skill or prep NOT  by using a power or ability that makes NO scientific sense even using comic book science as a basis for it. B/C the next  logical question why aren't you using your super-powerful extra do-hickey ability all the time against lesser opponent?

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 08, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »

While that's a valid point. Except Marvel have a tendency to lower the level of opponents against a hero after fighting a major foe & the lesser foe giving the hero fits. Were IM to fight only Top Tier lvl opponents from now on it would be no problem. Thor & Hulk do it almost all the time.  Perfect  example is Spiderman after beating Firelord fights the Lizard, Power Pack who  took on and beat a Galactic Power comes back to Earth and they fight an ordinary human with a pair of 45. I don't know about you but the power lvl contrast is jarring. When you do something like this the previous  feat tends to be discounted and disputed by everyone. I'm not saying a hero can't beat a more powerful opponent but it should be done by tactics, skill or prep NOT  by using a power or ability that makes NO scientific sense even using comic book science as a basis for it. B/C the next  logical question why aren't you using your super-powerful extra do-hickey ability all the time against lesser opponent?

Good point but the opposite is also true. In that you have people like Flash and Superman who, for some reason, will struggle with folks they have no business struggling against. It's a comics staple. The difference is the fans and what we think a character's power level should be. But the truth is that these fluctuate pretty regularly, as the story calls for it. We're just more used to it with Flash than Iceman. Of course, that's because Iceman didn't have a solo for nearly as long as Flash and has only recently (relatively speaking) been given a boost.

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 13, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »

Good point but the opposite is also true. In that you have people like Flash and Superman who, for some reason, will struggle with folks they have no business struggling against. It's a comics staple. The difference is the fans and what we think a character's power level should be. But the truth is that these fluctuate pretty regularly, as the story calls for it. We're just more used to it with Flash than Iceman. Of course, that's because Iceman didn't have a solo for nearly as long as Flash and has only recently (relatively speaking) been given a boost.
With few exceptions Flash fights multiple opponents at once or fights speedsters. The only time  solo non-speedsters give him trouble is due to CIS. As for SM his main problem is not using his SS or his moral code gives his opponent an advantage. Read JL  about 10 months ago were SM got LL to admit the only  reason he was so successful against him is b/c SM holds back. LL admited if SM didn't hold back he would easily destroy him. Read  JL arc were the JL were turned into GODS if you don't believe me.

shadowknight

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 13, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
In the new Action comics it was revealed that  Mr OZ was Jor-El.  I had assumed it was either Alexander Luthor from Infinite Crisis, Brainiac II, Jor-El, SB Prime or MM. I knocked AL & Brainiac II out of consideration when it was revealed he possessed some form of HV. I was leaning strongly toward MM due to Mr Oz being unaffected by Kryptonite. But in a way it makes sense it explains his high tech, his disdain for Earthlings and SM being shocked by his identity. Just hope they explain why doesn't Krytonite effect him.

XerxesTWD

• +101/-26
  • You can't park here, buddy. Earth is closed today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 13, 2017, 01:57:29 PM »
Wouldn't he be immune (or at least highly resistant) since he was exposed to Krypton for his entire life, unlike his son?