Herochat

New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
Re: New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread
« Reply #1785 on: February 08, 2019, 06:05:45 PM »
But hurting/dispersing a peer to The One Above All for a minute or so (Hulk's estimate of how much time he bought them) is still a helluva feat.

It absolutely is, but if we're to believe this thing is **exactly** the same level of power as its polar opposite is, and considering said opposite is the supreme being of the entirety of the MU, being able to affect a thing such as him to begin is well, huge amounts of bullshit.

So unless demonstrated otherwise, I don't buy the story's assessment. This being is not at all an equal to its counterpart if it can be affected by a being who would not be able to affect other beings significantly weaker than it's counterpart (virtually every cosmic being).

Not trying to shit on Hulk's thunder as I do dig the story overall, but I gotta call b.s. as I see it.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 08, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »

Absorbing Man didn't close the door. All he did was give Hulk back the gamma energy that he had earlier taken from him.

Hulk is the one who closes the door after thunder clap-dispersing the One Below All.

To a degree. But Absorbing man absorbed the green door. Portal was gone. He transferred the Gamma back into banner but as Puck said creel was needed to close the door which he did

That location was key for creel to open/close the door. How I took it hulk was basically slamming it shut as it was already closing

But again wouldn’t be surprised if it was meant to be his true power too.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:36:47 PM by -K-M- »

INDRA THUNDERER

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 08, 2019, 08:04:38 PM »
Prob related to absorbing man closing the door too. Hence why Brian was freaking out and that was Pucks plan all along to bring  creel to that specific location to absorb back the gamma

Then again wouldn’t shock me if they intended it to be his pure POWAR!!!!

Absorbing Man didn't close the door. All he did was give Hulk back the gamma energy that he had earlier taken from him.

Hulk is the one who closes the door after thunder clap-dispersing the One Below All.

I wouldn't say "fucked up" is an appropriate word.

He dispersed him, which is still an insane feat (considering that the One Above All is significantly
above everything in Marvel, and this thing is apparently his exact opposite =/ in strength in power,
this could be one of the most bullshit feats to ever be bullshitted). Unless of course, its explained
that this was some kind of weak avatar/not the "exact" real entity/etc.

He did say afterword though that his attack was there to buy time to seal it away, implying that
he didn't actually kill, much less harm it. And considering how it continued to narrate everything
that was happening, even as it was and had been dispersed, it didn't seem to feel threatened either.

So tl;dr, he didn't fuck it up. But he did do something highly impressive, that could be bullshit.

Yeah, I was being more than a little tongue in cheek with the "fucked up" line. But hurting/dispersing a peer to The One Above All for a minute or so (Hulk's estimate of how much time he bought them) is still a helluva feat.

As an aside, I don't believe that it is the One Below All narrating this (and the preceding) issue(s). I'm not sure who it is yet, there's some interesting discussion about it over on Alvaros Hulk board.

Cheers.
In giving Hulk the "gamma"back, was Sasquatch's portion included?

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 09, 2019, 02:42:58 PM »
But hurting/dispersing a peer to The One Above All for a minute or so (Hulk's estimate of how much time he bought them) is still a helluva feat.

It absolutely is, but if we're to believe this thing is **exactly** the same level of power as its polar opposite is, and considering said opposite is the supreme being of the entirety of the MU, being able to affect a thing such as him to begin is well, huge amounts of bullshit.

So unless demonstrated otherwise, I don't buy the story's assessment. This being is not at all an equal to its counterpart if it can be affected by a being who would not be able to affect other beings significantly weaker than it's counterpart (virtually every cosmic being).

Not trying to shit on Hulk's thunder as I do dig the story overall, but I gotta call b.s. as I see it.

Mephistopheles said the one below all was far beyond him in the recent Defenders one-shot

That little bit with Hulk and Banner at the end, "I love you kid... Someone has to." Or something like that was a great character moment to add the mythos!

Love the series, feels as much Hellboy as it does Hulk. And yeah, the scene in question doesn't answer a lot about the Green door closing, or how it was done. I do like the explanation that Gamma Radiation is as much magic as it is science. - Would explain all of Hulk reality warping physical deals over the years, like grabbing energy, punching the time storm, or correcting his history in Indestructible.

Red Exodus

• +14/-22
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 09, 2019, 10:25:07 PM »
Mephistopheles said the one below all was far beyond him in the recent Defenders one-shot

I know, but from what I've seen, all OBA is just an incredibly high level demon entity, and not
on par with his "opposite."

Hell Mephisto has done more impressive/powerful shit then what was shown in that encounter.

Abhilegend

• +25/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 13, 2019, 12:10:11 PM »
Thor vs Odin

Edit by NeoGreenLantern for violating rule 4

Odin finally got Darkseid treatment. It's glorious.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 12:20:05 PM by NeoGreenLantern »

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 13, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
That fucking link was cancer. If the next link you post violates the rules you get a two week ban. This is isn't a hard rule to follow.

Abhilegend

• +25/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 13, 2019, 12:30:17 PM »
What? Shuruku has posted it several times, hence I posted it.

I don't even post any scans now. Get some adblock FFS.

-K-M-

• +14/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 13, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »
I think you guys should fight IRL

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 13, 2019, 12:50:10 PM »
What? Shuruku has posted it several times, hence I posted it.

I don't even post any scans now. Get some adblock FFS.
Stop using those shithole sites to host your images.

I removed your links and replaced them with images from a secure site in much higher quality so we can see how shitty the art is accompanying the writing.

I don't know why this is such a hard thing for people. It's in the rules. We're gonna have to start handing out bannings soon.

Then we'll start with gokenadams if he does it again along with the next individual who breaks the rule.

It's being discussed in the "new comic stuff thread" as we speak.

It was talked about a few pages back we are gonna start banning people who violate the rule. Now the mods and admins don't comb over every topic all the time so in the last few pages there could have been a few that slipped by. But since we might have missed a few you I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt you missed these comments which is why I just edited your comment and gave you warning instead of a banning like we planned.

Now feel free to keep arguing over it but the rule is pretty straightforward and easy to follow.

Abhilegend

• +25/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 13, 2019, 01:42:25 PM »
Whatever, better would be not posting in the thread at all.

NeoGreenLantern

• +97/-23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 13, 2019, 03:56:09 PM »
Ok