Herochat

New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread

Re: New comic stuff worth talking about but not worth its own thread
« Reply #1665 on: November 07, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
Not a fan of murderer Hulk though.

I'm okay with it because it's clearly going to be held up as a big deal (Banner's sense of discomfort suggesting it is a highly unusual if not unprecedented occurrence) which probably suggests it's going to be at least partly down to Brian Banner/TOBA's corrupting influence.

Cheers.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 07, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »
Looks like Walter will be a reoccurring character. Wonder if he is the one that creates Gamma Flight

Called it

gokenadams

• +10/-19
  • I don't really know or care what an outlier is
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
Immortal Hulk just trashed somebody with five Infinity Stones and is currently in possession of the space stone. Superman should never be mentioned in the same sentence again

The Captain

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 08, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
To be fair though, Loki's theory/plan was that if a character is particularly good at what powers the infinity stone, then that character can do so much more with it than someone else. In this case, Hulk being the best 'power' character can use the Space stone much, much, much better than Gamora. Just like Kang being the best 'time' character can use the reality stone much, much, much better than Gamora.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:28 AM »
Immortal Hulk just trashed somebody with five Infinity Stones and is currently in possession of the space stone. Superman should never be mentioned in the same sentence again

Haha, you're so cute when butthurt.

gokenadams

• +10/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 08, 2018, 03:51:46 PM »
To be fair though, Loki's theory/plan was that if a character is particularly good at what powers the infinity stone, then that character can do so much more with it than someone else. In this case, Hulk being the best 'power' character can use the Space stone much, much, much better than Gamora. Just like Kang being the best 'time' character can use the reality stone much, much, much better than Gamora.

Yes, the theory is that the more powerful the character the better they are at using their stone, Hulk being the most powerful among them could use the stone to it's fullest potential, however all that stone did was give him the ability to fly. Space stone doesn't increase physical stats. It gives the ability to fly, teleport, allows the user to be anywhere the universe at any moment at the the same time, however all Hulk used from it was flight. So yes he was better at using the space stone then Gamora was at using hers, however she still had 4 other stones and Hulk still trashed her with his own physicals.

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 08, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
The "Infinity Circuit" as described by Loki (echoing the info page at the beginning of every issue):

gokenadams

• +10/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 08, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »
The "Infinity Circuit" as described by Loki (echoing the info page at the beginning of every issue):

yes we've seen that... and?

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 08, 2018, 06:21:17 PM »

It's an interesting scan from this week's new comics that has not been posted in this thread, and was relevant to the discussion being had.  If it puts whatever you're babbling about with Abhi in a bad light, that's your problem.

gokenadams

• +10/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: November 08, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »

It's an interesting scan from this week's new comics that has not been posted in this thread, and was relevant to the discussion being had.  If it puts whatever you're babbling about with Abhi in a bad light, that's your problem.

i'm not sure why that scan was posted. what were you trying to prove with it?

that space stone somehow amps physical strength now?  because.. it doesn't. learn what its speciality is, before spouting nonsense

Kallor

• +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: November 08, 2018, 06:55:25 PM »
You're a paranoid wreck.  It's not a debate thread, despite your frequent attempts to make it so, and as such I wasn't looking to prove anything.  There was discussion of Loki's plan, so I provided the scan. 

gokenadams

• +10/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 08, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
You're a paranoid wreck.  It's not a debate thread, despite your frequent attempts to make it so, and as such I wasn't looking to prove anything.  There was discussion of Loki's plan, so I provided the scan.

stay in your lane alright kid?

80sBaby

• +33/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 08, 2018, 08:17:49 PM »

that space stone somehow amps physical strength now?  because.. it doesn't. learn what its speciality is, before spouting nonsense

Loki specifically says this universe is different, as are the Stones. So yes, in this universe, Hulk's power/strength DOES get an amp by using the Space Stone. Since it's pretty blatantly stated. That's why none of them went to who you'd ordinarily think should wield them, i.e Emma getting the Power Stone as opposed to the Mind Stone.

Whatever the Stones did in the previous universe is irrelevant here.

gokenadams

• +10/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 08, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »

Loki specifically says this universe is different, as are the Stones. So yes, in this universe, Hulk's power/strength DOES get an amp by using the Space Stone. Since it's pretty blatantly stated. That's why none of them went to who you'd ordinarily think should wield them, i.e Emma getting the Power Stone as opposed to the Mind Stone.

Whatever the Stones did in the previous universe is irrelevant here.

You should've just kept your mouth shut. let me prove why all of that is wrong. The stones are different as in their approach and who gets them, not what their abilities do, because if you look at what they did, they did exactly the same thing as the original stones do.

Emma had the power stone so she got an increase in power and durability just like the original:

Hulk had the space stone which gave him the ability to ignore gravity and fly just like the original:

Kang got the reality stone which allowed him to as he says recreate the universe and create multiple versions of himself from different realities just like the original:

Ms Marvel mind stone allowed her to use a psychic attack just like the original:

So you can't just invent your own headcannon and say nonsense like "it's blatantly stated" when nowhere is it stated that Hulk got his physical stats increased by the space stone, since the space stone doesn't do that.

You also answered your own question, the reason Emma got the power stone as oppose to the mind stone is because it takes a powerful mind to control it a mind of a psychic, not brute force otherwise Hulk would have gotten the power stone, but instead he got the space stone which gave him flight.

Next time read the comic fully and understand everything, instead of lazily searching for some gotcha moments so you can lowbal Hulk, cause it's not gonna work here.

Gree

• +43/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 08, 2018, 09:40:13 PM »
This isn’t a debate thread