Herochat

Battle of the Week: Captain America vs Deathstroke

Visitor-Q

• +13/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Week: Captain America vs Deathstroke
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 03:53:30 PM »
What does Nuke being fat mean here? Are you so full of shit that Nuke being bullet proof has anything to do with his beer belly?

Are you kidding? So Nuke being clearly fat and washed up had nothing to do with Logan suddenly being able to beat Nuke physically, despite the fact that the last time he tried to defeat Nuke like that he couldn't affect him at all, and got his ass kicked (needing to rely on his claws to dismember him)?

But, yeah, I'm sure Beer-Belly out of shape Nuke was just as formidable as that version. Logan punking him for his lowest showing ever has absolutely NOTHING to do with his obviously deteriorated physical condition.

Jesus.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:01:47 PM by Visitor-Q »

Visitor-Q

• +13/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
Because that was his debut as a villain. Nuke got more pathetic by each new showing.

Except he clearly got more powerful, and went from getting defeated after a hard fight by an A-lister and killed by a gunshot to being able to eventually defeat an A-lister after hours of fighting and tanking showers of military grade firepower like nothing.

But continue posting dishonest references. I guess you're challenging yourself to see if you can lower your credibility any further on this board.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 04:06:16 PM by Visitor-Q »

Visitor-Q

• +13/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »
Is that so now?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186844/4729127-8867436466-24032.jpg

Claremont made it clear that using Iron Fist made Danny weaker. That's why he was dizzy.

I'm going to ask you a serious question: Do you not know how to read comics, or are you just trolling? Because I can appreciate a good troll, but this is just lazy.

In that scan, Danny is dizzy from Cap's slam, and tries to use the iron fist *because he was already dizzy and losing*. That's the panel and word balloon order. That's the sequence. Danny expressed no physical exhaustion before desperately trying to charge up the fist for a third time, despite paragraphs of internal monologuing about every other aspect of the fight.

This is like the 20th time you've been caught being dishonest and deceitful. I'm not sure why I should continue discussing things with you, since 75% of that time is usually spent weeding out what you're misrepresenting or outright lying about.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:32:04 PM by Visitor-Q »

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 10:40:16 PM »
What does Nuke being fat mean here? Are you so full of shit that Nuke being bullet proof has anything to do with his beer belly?

Are you kidding? So Nuke being clearly fat and washed up had nothing to do with Logan suddenly being able to beat Nuke physically, despite the fact that the last time he tried to defeat Nuke like that he couldn't affect him at all, and got his ass kicked (needing to rely on his claws to dismember him)?

No, it doesn't. Different writers and all that shit. Nuke still had his cybernatic implants which make him so tough.

But, yeah, I'm sure Beer-Belly out of shape Nuke was just as formidable as that version. Logan punking him for his lowest showing ever has absolutely NOTHING to do with his obviously deteriorated physical condition.

Jesus.

Could you show one proof that he was weaker and not cry?

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 10:41:31 PM »
Because that was his debut as a villain. Nuke got more pathetic by each new showing.

Except he clearly got more powerful, and went from getting defeated after a hard fight by an A-lister and killed by a gunshot to being able to eventually defeat an A-lister after hours of fighting and tanking showers of military grade firepower like nothing.

But continue posting dishonest references. I guess you're challenging yourself to see if you can lower your credibility any further on this board.

Right, getting owned by HF less Wolverine is so much better.

So much more powerful.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 10:44:15 PM »
Is that so now?

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186844/4729127-8867436466-24032.jpg

Claremont made it clear that using Iron Fist made Danny weaker. That's why he was dizzy.

I'm going to ask you a serious question: Do you not know how to read comics, or are you just trolling? Because I can appreciate a good troll, but this is just lazy.

Do you know how to read at all?

In that scan, Danny is dizzy from Cap's slam, and tries to use the iron fist *because he was already dizzy and losing*. That's the panel and word balloon order. That's the sequence. Danny expressed no physical exhaustion before desperately trying to charge up the fist for a third time, despite paragraphs of internal monologuing about every other aspect of the fight.

Hey idiot, Claremont made it clear repeated use of Iron Fist made Danny dizzy. That's why he was struggling to summon his chi.

This is like the 20th time you've been caught being dishonest and deceitful. I'm not sure why I should continue discussing things with you, since 75% of that time is usually spent weeding out what you're misrepresenting or outright lying about.

Like the time you showed Rogers beating an elite MA?

Oh right, you didn't.

Visitor-Q

• +13/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:14 PM »
No, it doesn't. Different writers and all that shit. Nuke still had his cybernatic implants which make him so tough.

This is just like when you tried to claim that Crossbones beat a serum-less Cap to prove that Cap wasn't skilled...without revealing that Cap had an old man body at the time. This is about the 100th example of your complete lack of credibility.

Yeah, I'm sure that it's just a complete coincidence that the writer and artist chose to portray Nuke as out of shape and washed up when Logan beat him up, which you failed to mention when you cited it (as usual with you). I'm sure that was a completely arbitrary choice.

In Nuke's other appearances, he gave DD a hell of a fight, got a power up and beat the piss out of a Wolverine who was unable to hurt him without his claws, and fought Cap for hours until he got the edge...but that one low showing where he's clearly out of shape is what you use as representative.

That's why you're a joke, and why I'm not going to waste tedious time unraveling your usual lies and misrepresentations just to find one relevant or truthful point. Elsewhere in this thread, you claimed Gambit has beaten Wolverine, without mentioning that it was an explicitly diminished Wolverine after his crucifiction, and ignoring that Logan has had his number in every encounter after recovering:

https://m.imgur.com/a/myT1u

Enjoy whatever it is you think you've accomplished here. I doubt anyone believes anything you claim or gives you any credibility at all, so I'm not sure why you bother s**t posting so much on a fictional battle board about imaginary scenarios, other than Superman and Batman's reputations being excessively important to you. Bye Felicia.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:20:02 AM by Visitor-Q »

Bandido

• +9/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 04:32:00 AM »
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/deathstroke/4050-93375/

Anybody been reading to see how Slade's benndoing in the current arc vs Batman?

Animalia

• +8/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 10:10:24 AM »
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/deathstroke/4050-93375/

Anybody been reading to see how Slade's benndoing in the current arc vs Batman?

They have had 3 fights in the whole 6 issue.
In the first one Batman assaults DS, the fight is inconclusive, DS says he's both stronger and faster that Batman.

The second fight is also inconclusive, Batman is wearing gauntlets designed to fight superhuman and also able to absorb energy from DS staff, he has also found a way to bypass Ikon suit.
It seems Batman is stronger than DS but probably not faster( by DS own words)

In their third fight it ends in a double ko, Batman fractures DS skull while DS put a knife in Batman guts.

In the last issue they trade some punche and after that, they get along and try to leave batcave.

Not being a fanboy I say overall this should be counted as a win for DS.
Batman had to use his special gauntlets in this fight, there's also to say that later Batman would have died without DS help, but this is more due the fact that unlike DS he has no healing factor.

ProjectCornDog

• +6/-14
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »
abhi: CAP CONCEDES SKILL EDGE TO DAREDEVIL

Scan: DD isn't himself or that move would never worked

He did not say DD has the skill advantage. He was saying he wouldn't be able to deliver certain moves since no doubt  a skilled combatant would be able to counter an early finishing move.

Gree

• +42/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 02:39:28 PM »
Deathstroke says Batman is stronger than him? WTF?

Animalia

• +8/-7
  • Ca nisciun è fess!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »
Deathstroke says Batman is stronger than him? WTF?
Batman is wearing special gauntlets here, Deathstroke ask him if these gauntlets make Bat fast as him.
As you can see Bat is smashing concrete with his punches.

In their first fight, when Bat wasnt wearing this stuff DS said to be both faster and stronger.

Visitor-Q

• +13/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »
Not being a fanboy I say overall this should be counted as a win for DS.
Batman had to use his special gauntlets in this fight, there's also to say that later Batman would have died without DS help, but this is more due the fact that unlike DS he has no healing factor.

Outside of the (maybe editorially mandated) scene where Deathstroke wouldn't concede that Bruce = Batman while standing in the $&$ bat cave, the story has been awesome, and the battle of wits was even better than the physical fights.

That said, I do feel like Slade jobbed just a bit. It wasn't Chuck Dixon bad, and it might've just been the artist's choerography, but Slade didn't really show any speed or strength advantages at all despite the lip service. Even when Bats had the guantlets, Slade should have at least dodged and landed more.

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Today at 02:49:06 AM »

This is just like when you tried to claim that Crossbones beat a serum-less Cap to prove that Cap wasn't skilled...without revealing that Cap had an old man body at the time. This is about the 100th example of your complete lack of credibility.

Where you tried to claim SSS less Cap was A lister and cried when proven wrong, eh? Good times.

Yeah, I'm sure that it's just a complete coincidence that the writer and artist chose to portray Nuke as out of shape and washed up when Logan beat him up, which you failed to mention when you cited it (as usual with you). I'm sure that was a completely arbitrary choice.

So injecting your own conjecture when no such thing was implied?

Good, concession accepted.

In Nuke's other appearances, he gave DD a hell of a fight, got a power up and beat the piss out of a Wolverine who was unable to hurt him without his claws, and fought Cap for hours until he got the edge...but that one low showing where he's clearly out of shape is what you use as representative.

That was the very next showing for Nuke after he punked Rogers.

It's not like it's decades apart like your examples.

That's why you're a joke, and why I'm not going to waste tedious time unraveling your usual lies and misrepresentations just to find one relevant or truthful point. Elsewhere in this thread, you claimed Gambit has beaten Wolverine, without mentioning that it was an explicitly diminished Wolverine after his crucifiction, and ignoring that Logan has had his number in every encounter after recovering:

https://m.imgur.com/a/myT1u

His HF was depleted but his skills were intact.

Yes, Wolverine defeated Gambit after that but still, that's a straight up loss.

Enjoy whatever it is you think you've accomplished here. I doubt anyone believes anything you claim or gives you any credibility at all, so I'm not sure why you bother s**t posting so much on a fictional battle board about imaginary scenarios, other than Superman and Batman's reputations being excessively important to you. Bye Felicia.
Aww, Cap fanboy crying again? Good, good.

beatboks

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Today at 08:21:42 AM »
He rarely loses, sure...but at the same time, despite having veen claimed to be one of the most skilled fighters out there and at the same time having superior stats, he has basically defeated no one.
By "no one" I mean elite MA.

That's fair up to an extent, especially depending on how you define elite, but keep in mind the same applies to a lot of Marvel A-listers (e.g. What are Shang Chi's elite MA victories again?).
Well DD has had a couple wins vs cap (plus a couple losses couple stalemates), couple wins vs BP, couple vs IF and a couple vs Logan (plis a couple vs the xmen and 1 vs an Avengers line up with a LOT of plot help). So it happens.

Even without straight wins against the creme de la creme (which I think happens to be more hero heavy in the MU vs DCU, and that affects outcomes), he's usually shown as superior in some way whether or not the fight ends up interrupted, they stop fighting because of his status as the most inspiring and respected hero on the planet, etc.

Taking your argument at face value, I don't think it'd be fair to say Slade could manage more than 50/50--you could argue that Cap's actual win ratio wouldn't guarantee him a majority over Slade, but Cap's infinitessimal loss % is definitely  a strong barrier vice versa.
thats why I called it a split. 50/50