Herochat

Unworthy Thor

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Unworthy Thor
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 01:54:01 AM »
It actually is pretty inventive and would work well with some minor modifications. It would explain all of Mjolnirs powers. I usually like Aaron but his destruction of Odin as a character, and his treatment of Thor hasn't been great lately.

Causes more issues and how do they explain all the other "thor" hammers. Magic alone is enough to explain how it works. Not sure how a sentient storm makes it better. Does beta ray bill have his own sentient storm?
There's precedent for the Sentient Storms,so it 'could' work if delved into,& explained better imo

80sBaby

• +18/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »
Most of the complaints are fanboy consternation. Odin being over simplified and the Feminist pandering are legit. Craft wise everything I've seen otherwise has been good to excellent. Including the recent ShiAr arc.

Yeah, I also agree with the bolded as a legitimate complaint. It doesn't bother me to the extent it does others, but I get it.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 12:37:51 PM »
The Thor title thing was stupid

JAXN

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Yeah he'll need to explain the "Thors" a bit more. Guess we'll find out the identity of the new Thor next month

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
I actually agree with Jelly.

Same

wowie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 01:00:04 PM »
So three Thors now?

meh...

Hulkster

• +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
Most of the complaints are fanboy consternation. Odin being over simplified and the Feminist pandering are legit. Craft wise everything I've seen otherwise has been good to excellent. Including the recent ShiAr arc.

Agreed and I think that the oversimplification of Odin has bases in the Feminist pandering.  In general, Aaron is a good writer.

dimensione510

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
Odin has been on this road for a while now well before this story.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »
I've seen some people try to defend it with sentiments like that, but Odin being an asshole in the past is different than being specifically a misogynist asshole stand-in for the patriarchy.  It's okay if you like it, or it doesn't bother you, but Odin's character is absolutely different. 

TURBODERP

• +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 11:03:38 PM »
I've seen some people try to defend it with sentiments like that, but Odin being an asshole in the past is different than being specifically a misogynist asshole stand-in for the patriarchy.  It's okay if you like it, or it doesn't bother you, but Odin's character is absolutely different.

That's entirely fair, I just think it was an expansion of Odin being a piece of work even in Fear Itself.

Granted, I don't like the dick-ish way he's being written in general, but whatever.

Gree

• +36/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »

That's entirely fair, I just think it was an expansion of Odin being a piece of work even in Fear Itself.

Granted, I don't like the dick-ish way he's being written in general, but whatever.

I think Fear Itself falls into this time period of dick Odin