Herochat

So Rebirth

Upper_Krust

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: So Rebirth
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 01:08:35 PM »
Is anyone getting the New Super Man comic (the Chinese Superman)? If so what's the verdict on that? I'll likely pick up the first trade when that comes out to give it a try.

shadowknight

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Is anyone getting the New Super Man comic (the Chinese Superman)? If so what's the verdict on that? I'll likely pick up the first trade when that comes out to give it a try.
It's garbage IMO and it's being cancelled either this month or next month due to low sales.

Upper_Krust

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 12:49:11 PM »
It's garbage IMO and it's being cancelled either this month or next month due to low sales.

Wow really!? Okay, I won't be bothering with that one then.

Panthergod

• +35/-72
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »
WW is becoming as convoluted as Donna Troy. Speaking of, how did they reconcile the Donna we got in Wonder Woman with the Donna in Titans?

And yes, the Daughter of Zeus angle worked. It simplified her origins, and thus, her character. It's something the audience can relate to. Out of all the Trinity, Diana was the most "alien." It's off putting, even if subconsciously.

As for the other titles I'm reading,  Superman is the best, hands down. Action is next. Then Detective, Teen Titans, Titans, Green Arrow, Nightwing and Aquaman.
Diana is poised to  a reference  Pygmalion and Adam and Eve. Her classic origin  fine. She's not a Hercules/ Jason rip off.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »
WW is becoming as convoluted as Donna Troy. Speaking of, how did they reconcile the Donna we got in Wonder Woman with the Donna in Titans?

And yes, the Daughter of Zeus angle worked. It simplified her origins, and thus, her character. It's something the audience can relate to. Out of all the Trinity, Diana was the most "alien." It's off putting, even if subconsciously.

As for the other titles I'm reading,  Superman is the best, hands down. Action is next. Then Detective, Teen Titans, Titans, Green Arrow, Nightwing and Aquaman.
Diana is poised to  a reference  Pygmalion and Adam and Eve. Her classic origin  fine. She's not a Hercules/ Jason rip off.

If you think about it; WW could work as a pretty good deconstruction of the "superMAN/hero" mythos if done right.

You can't be "born" a superhero, you have to made by the gods to be something above human.

Men are inferior and need to be put to heel, including male superhero's and the world would be better off without them.

Strength is found in obedience and servitude not in power and rebellion.