Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So Rebirth  (Read 914 times)

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
So Rebirth
« on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »

What's the current story with Doc Manhattan and whether or not the New 52 heroes are the same as pre-flashpoint heroes?  Any further revelations on these fronts?

Letters

• King
    • View Profile
Re: So Rebirth
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:36:26 AM »

Only Superman Lois and their son are pre flashpoint so far. No word on Doc Manhattan yet.

NeoGreenLantern

• Global Moderator
  • Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »

What's the current story with Doc Manhattan and whether or not the New 52 heroes are the same as pre-flashpoint heroes?  Any further revelations on these fronts?

It looks like all the other characters are the pre-flashpoint characters with about 5 years missing from their history. I'm guessing they are going to explain some of the more drastic changes to certain characters by saying it was caused by history trying to make sense of the missing time and "healing itself".

Animalia.

• King
  • Vaticanistan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:41:03 PM »

Ramzanstrong sober again?

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:41:09 PM »

Is Wonder Woman powered up and God of War still or?
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

fangirl101

• Lizardman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:03:40 PM »

Yea. As revealed in her book and The new talent special.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 07:47:30 PM »

In what has been an incredibly frustrating exercise in drawn out story-telling, It hasn't  been resolved in her book yet.  She's currently in an insane asylum after finding out she's never actually been back to Themyscira, and all her past interactions with the Amazons and her mother were fake.  Wonder Woman's internal dialogue is clear that she still doesn't know what's true or false. 

In the Wonder Woman: Rebirth issue that leads to her current series, her God of War helmet dissolves into the floor once she uses the lasso on herself to see the truth.  This is a strong indication that Rucka is writing this aspect of her continuity out along with a number of other things. 

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 07:49:53 PM »

Yea. As revealed in her book and The new talent special.

Can you elaborate?  I'm reading her book and this is not currently known as of the most recent issue that came out January 25th, 2017 (#15). 

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »

I looked at the New Talent Showcase fangirl referred to, which has Wonder Woman referred to as God of War, and it came out in November of last year.  The book's intro says the stories included in the showcase are from a 13-week program of workshops and master-classes DC held in January 2016 to develop new talent. 

Clownprince23

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »

I liked Wonder Woman being the God of War. I thought that whole arc was really good.

Have they explained or done anything else with Doc Manhattan or any of the events of DC Rebirth?

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:15 PM »

I liked Wonder Woman being the God of War. I thought that whole arc was really good.

I liked it, too, along with her being Zeus' daughter.  Rucka coming in and "fixing" what he perceived as broken has led to some really frustrating reading these past few months IMO.

Have they explained or done anything else with Doc Manhattan or any of the events of DC Rebirth?

Very little that I've seen.  There's a guy in the shadows named Mr. Oz that people think is Ozymandias, but the larger story isn't really being touched on yet.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »

Daughter of Zeus was pretty cool I thought as well, as was the transformation. Not being able to breathe in space and these bizarre power downs and ups in Nu52 weren't
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:48:38 AM by Gree »

Clownprince23

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »

I liked it, too, along with her being Zeus' daughter.  Rucka coming in and "fixing" what he perceived as broken has led to some really frustrating reading these past few months IMO.

Very little that I've seen.  There's a guy in the shadows named Mr. Oz that people think is Ozymandias, but the larger story isn't really being touched on yet.

The whole series had a real Vertigo vibe to it and was just written very very well. It's a shame to see it being fixed in this way.

And Rebirth came out in May, it's been a long time since then and for nothing to have happened. All the titles I've read that have relaunched I've enjoyed and consider it a success. It's been a while since I've been this pleased with DC, but I would like to see something come from the DC Rebirth.

80sBaby

• Stonemason
  • The Kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 12:34:16 AM »

WW is becoming as convoluted as Donna Troy. Speaking of, how did they reconcile the Donna we got in Wonder Woman with the Donna in Titans?

And yes, the Daughter of Zeus angle worked. It simplified her origins, and thus, her character. It's something the audience can relate to. Out of all the Trinity, Diana was the most "alien." It's off putting, even if subconsciously.

As for the other titles I'm reading,  Superman is the best, hands down. Action is next. Then Detective, Teen Titans, Titans, Green Arrow, Nightwing and Aquaman.

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 01:48:46 AM »

Enjoying Superman
Pages: [1] 2