Herochat

recovering threads etc.

scourge

• +26/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
recovering threads etc.
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:57:03 AM »
Glad to see this place up and running. I've read in other threads on this nu-herochat that some stuff is still in the works. Will any old threads be recoverable?

nu-safado

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
Re: recovering threads etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
Sadly no

One of the things that brought the site down were serious server issues that left data from the old board imprisoned on another hosting service with a huge price tag and complex process to free. Issue9mm understands it better but since he is a computer God and , as I've discovered, fucking brilliant (no irony talk to him for 5 minutes and he'll have 5000 things that are worthwhile food for thought)

I did get a HUGE amount of space with options to increase space so feel free to rebuild any respect threads or any thread that pic, gif or avatar heavy. We have  VPS server with a lot of space and I'm going to keep trying to dig up old info. There isn't much to find but Ill do what I can.

TBH my priority is really getting as many old members of the board back and remaking respect threads and all the fun threads that everyone enjoys and getting fresh blood to join the group and understand how e do things. I'd like to build momentum and give everyone a fre hand to just putup as many cool threads o anything that they like. I'm going to ask my programmer and hosting company how I can do periodic back-ups of info so this doesn't become aproblem aain and keep everyone yp-to-date on that. I've still got a steep learning curve :-( but I'm working hard to learn it - I didn't think I'd get this far so I think everyting will work out fine

Re: recovering threads etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »
The dedicated Respect Thread section doesn't seem to exist anymore. Are they meant to go somewhere else now or is that one of the things that will be added later?

Cheers.