Herochat

Black Mirror

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
Re: Black Mirror
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 07:23:17 AM »
Just finished Most Hated In The Nation.

Probably one of the most satisfying endings from all the others I've seen so far.

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 08:58:29 AM »
Heh talk about getting de ja vu watching an episode about someone losing all their memories.

I saw about 10 mins of White Bear (Punishment Park) on tv a couple years ago...couldn't figure out what was going on & changed the channel.

Turned out to be a decent episode.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
New season is up. Just started the first episode.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 02:44:29 PM »
I've watched the first three so far. There's an odd running theme of having things stuck into your temple this season.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 03:21:10 PM »
Finished first episode. Meh! Wasn’t a huge fan. Though not often an episode ends on a happy note

Interesting Aaron Paul cameo

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »
These do seem even slower than previous seasons. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is noticeable. I just finished the fourth, and while I tend to find the subject matter of that episode to be fairly tired most of the time, I actually liked what they did with it.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 03:53:49 PM »
Though not often an episode ends on a happy note.

spoiler

I was certain they were going to pull the rug out from under us with the crew realizing that living in a universe within to the internet, essentially as MMORPG Npcs would still be absolute hell, being constantly farmed or trolled. Still not as bad as living with crazy, low-rent Matt Damon though. This episode, or at least its conflict, was basically just a repackaging of that classic Twilight Zone where the kid had reality warping powers.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »
These do seem even slower than previous seasons. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is noticeable. I just finished the fourth, and while I tend to find the subject matter of that episode to be fairly tired most of the time, I actually liked what they did with it.

I agree, just finished the second episode. I get the message they were going for but felt like a rehash we have already seen done better in earlier seasons.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 12:36:39 PM »
What the? Another happy ending??? What is happening here

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 06:10:09 PM »
Finished the season, and wasn't blown away by most of the episodes. Some good ones though, last episode I felt was the best but ending was predictable

Last episode did confirm a lingering theory all the episodes take part in the same universe

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2017, 07:39:04 PM »
Yeah, I definitely enjoyed this, but it didn't leave me itching for next season. The fallout for each episode was pretty predictable, especially in Arkangel. Black Museum was definitely trying hard to make you think things were going to go the opposite way, and I bought that for most of the episode. But I do have to say that the end was really kind of sickening. I mean, the main attraction might have been resolved, but all those little pocket-version souvenirs still exist, essentially negating everything. That's not a bad thing story-wise, but it does make the character's feeling of triumph seem overstated.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »
Very true there is probably thousands upon thousands of those souvenirs out in the public

This episode reminded me of th Christmas “egg” story. Find this season is a rehash of stories already told in earlier stories

Bran Mak Morn

• +14/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 08:33:23 AM »
The thing is with Black Museum is I really didn’t find Rolo’s character to be the “villain” of the story.
Sure he sold out in the end (taking money from sados) but he’s reasoning wasn’t out of pure greed but simply to keep the museum, his business from closing down.

I mean the dude who got his dead partner implanted into his head was a stupid decision in the first place & not Rolo’s fault that that symbiotic relationship broke down.
Rolo even tried to fix the situation several times.

Later we see the daughter with the mother’s consciousness inside her & the relationship works.

-K-M-

• +12/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »
Yeah she outright murdered him. While here he was digitally torturing a projection. Sounds like the UN didn’t even give the hologram the same rights as the bear??? or they would have shut it down 

Speaking of the bear I know they couldn’t kill it but why and how did he get possession of it? Seems like he shouldn’t get evidence to his own crime that got him booted from the company

MTL76

• +1136/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 10:25:54 PM »
This season isn’t as good as previous ones. My favorites so far have been USS Callahan and Metalhead. I tend to like the darker, nihilistic ones. I’ve got two left in this season.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium