Herochat

Make a Non-Superhero Big 7 JLA

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +79/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Make a Non-Superhero Big 7 JLA
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2016, 09:26:33 PM »
The trick to this thread is to find character's who resemble their respective JLA counterparts in style and concept, but also to assemble a team whose members would fill rolls similar to those filled by the JLA members. That means you can't really have a Batman equivalent who is more powerful than your Wonder Woman equivalent, etc.
I didn't base any of my picks on "power level", just whether the character "fits" well enough.

Riv1

• +63/-1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
GABE LAW

(Superman stand in)
Superman connection: The most physically powerful of the team, stats increased nearly 100x. A nice guy and family man, just interested in keeping everyone safe and beating the bad guys.

ASIAN HAWK

(Batman stand in)
Batman connection: As street level as this group gets, being a regular guy. Relies on skills, wits, weapons, gadgets.

MAE LIN

(WW stand in)
WW connection: Exotic beatifu, warrior from a group of female warriors, armor amd weapons, comes to the modern world to save it from the resurrected Tao Tieh creatures.

BULLETPROOF MONK

(Martian Manhunter stand in)
Martian Manhunter connection: The philosophical warrior of the group, his people (fellow monks) are gone but he represents their teachings.

SPLINTER

(Aquaman stand in)
Aquaman connection: Half human hybrid, leader of an aquatic people.

BRUCE LEROY

(Green Lantern stand in)
GL connection: Fearless energy wielder, his training  skill and willpower producing The Glow.

KATO (pre Green Hirnet)

(Flash stand in)
Flash connection: His 'fight vision' slows opponents down to his senses, so he perceives things as a speedster might.

you’ll never see me coming...

HalloweenJack

• +32/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 07:16:23 PM »
Batman- Sting

I see what you did there

Green Lantern- I dunno....Green Lantern Fan?

Shane Helms, man. I'm disappointed in you now

Martian Manhunter- Arn Anderson. Battle tested, wise old veteran, could be painted green for shits and giggles

I can actually see Arn flipping his shit for Hydrox cookies too

helms...shit