Re: Make a Non-Superhero Big 7 JLA
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2016, 06:58:18 AM »
Scourge you magnificent bastard.

beatboks

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
Superman - Hugo Danner (the novel Gladiator, seems only fair since Supes was created from him)
Wonder Woman - Dark Angel
Batman - secret squirel
Flash - speedy  gonzalis
Green Lantern - Jeanie (i dream of Jeanie)
Aquaman - man from atlantis.
Martian Manhunter - Matthew Starr

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +78/-16
  • "He speaks so well!" - white people, everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »
The JLA Big 7...Will Smith edition!

Superman = Del Spooner (I, Robot)
- Appears human, but underneath the surface he's hiding a strength nobody else has. His personal style, and personal morality, is stuck in the past and not quite in line with present-day life.

Batman = Cypher Raige (After Earth)
- Completely fearless. Total control freak. Teenage sidekick. Death in the family.

Wonder Woman = Agent Jay (Men In Black)
- Exotic enemies. Out of this world weaponry. Had to leave behind the life he knew for the "real" world. Oh, and a white guy pretty much does everything he can...only better.

Green Lantern = Captain Steven Hiller (Independence Day)
- A hotshot human pilot, using an alien weapon to save the world? I'll take it.

Flash = Mike Lowery (Bad Boys)
- He works for the police and did you see my homie running? You know the scene. Mike Lowwwwwery works here.

Martian Manhunter = Robert Neville (I Am Legend)
- Law enforcement/military before a cataclysm. Scientist. Possibly the last of his kind. White, savage offshoot of his race he feels compelled to stop.

Aquaman = Oscar (Shark Tale)
- He lives underwater and talks to fish. BOO-YAH!

...damn I'm good...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:22:58 AM by GeneralPresidentSkeletor »

AP

• +109/-55
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2016, 01:29:18 AM »
Yeah, Hancock's a superhero.

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +78/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:33:03 AM »
Eh, I barely remember the movie. I don't really remember him being a "hero", but more "Superdick: The Movie".

I'll change it, though.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:34:53 AM by GeneralPresidentSkeletor »

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 02:04:59 AM »
How did all those FR characters stack up? Was Wulgar really superior to Drizzt or Jaraxle in straight battle?

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +78/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 02:39:41 AM »
How did all those FR characters stack up? Was Wulgar really superior to Drizzt or Jaraxle in straight battle?
Wulfgar was dangerous and far more skilled than his size and strength would indicate (thanks to the years he spent being trained by Drizzt), but Drizzt would have easily killed him if it ever came to that. They got into a semi-scrap once when Wulfgar was in a jealous rage, believing Drizzt and Wulfgar's bride-to-be (Cattie-Brie) were sneaking around behind his back. It was just beyond playful, but Drizzt recognized the danger of being in an enclosed space with Wulfgar and confused as to Wulfgar's behavior, pulled off some triple-ninja-flip shit to avoid Wulfgar's reach and left the room.

Wulfgar is/was a great fighter, but Drizzt and Jarlaxle would have beaten him with little effort. Jarlaxle is waaaay more skilled and dangerous than he lets on. The only character introduced in their books that ever matched Drizzt's skill was Artemis Entreri, and the one "win" Artemis got was manipulated by Jarlaxle in order for Jarlaxle to add Artemis to his mercenary band and get him (Artemis) over his obsession with defeating Drizzt. In fact, Artemis was losing that fight (like he had lost the other two), and Drizzt actually struck what should have been the killing blow, had Jarlaxle not intervened (long story).

In my opinion, there's not another character, in any medium, that can match Drizzt in a swordfight. Not one. He's just on another level completely.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2016, 08:42:51 AM »
In my opinion, there's not another character, in any medium, that can match Drizzt in a swordfight. Not one. He's just on another level completely.

You may, obviously, be going a little far here. But I take your point. Drizzt is actually a badass.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »
The trick to this thread is to find character's who resemble their respective JLA counterparts in style and concept, but also to assemble a team whose members would fill rolls similar to those filled by the JLA members. That means you can't really have a Batman equivalent who is more powerful than your Wonder Woman equivalent, etc.

scourge

• +36/-10
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »
All this talk makes me want to elaborate on my picks... if the ways they fill their rolls wasn't obvious.

The Leader, a guy who's strength is truly dynamic and who can deal with any threat by punching harder. His strength is so inconceivable that it defies all logic.

The stealthy bad ass. A man with incredible gadgets, vehicles, wits, and hand to hand ability. He's noticeably cooler than all his other counterparts.

The female warrior, super strong and fast. A contradiction of peace, sweetness and caring mixed with brutal ass kicking nature. When needed she brings the fight.

The creator, anything he dreams up he can make. His ability is limited only by his imagination. And what an imagination he has!

The speedster. No one can touch him in a race. Impossibly fast. The most light hearted member of the group.

The King of Atlantis. Better under water then on land with a powerful trident and brooding nature. Commands aquatic life.

The Green Man from Outer Space. It seems like he has any power he could possibly need, and a brilliant mind to boot.

SmeaGog

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 10:33:45 AM »
The trick to this thread is to find character's who resemble their respective JLA counterparts in style and concept, but also to assemble a team whose members would fill rolls similar to those filled by the JLA members. That means you can't really have a Batman equivalent who is more powerful than your Wonder Woman equivalent, etc.

The trick to these threads (and this one in particular, since it's free-form to begin with), is to find a group of characters that works for you and hopefully sell that well to others. That's it. Power levels mean precisely however much you want them to. You could try to build a team around the pulps featuring Doc Savage, the Shadow, and the fucking Rocketeer if you wanted to, and that's as good a place to start as any, even if your Batman might end up as the only super-powered individual in the group.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »
Superman: Hercules (Kevin Sorbo)

Unbelievably strong, resistant to injury, and possibly immortal, Hercules is the front man with the most raw power, charisma, and heart.

Wonder Woman: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Super strength, enhanced speed, and a warrior's instinct make Buffy a great Wonder Woman.

Batman: Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Junior)

The tactician and thinker on the team, Sherlock is also a great fighter.

Green Lantern: Harry Potter

Who needs a ring when you have a wand? Like the magic ring, the wand can do many things. But there are limits. Harry fills the role of a GL here, bringing the most versatility but not the most raw combat power.

The Flash: David Rice (Jumper)

Hard to find a legit speedster who isn't a cartoon character or already a superhero. But Rice's teleportation powers function a lot like super speed tends to on the JLA. It's a good travel power, and it;s a utility power, occasionally allowing for deus ex machina solutions to problems.

Aquaman: The Man from Atlantis

Patrick Duffy in his prime! He swims, breathes underwater, and has enhanced strength.

The Martian Manhunter: Odo (Deep Space Nine)

Like J'onn, a shapeshifter. Also like J'onn, a bit of an outcast on account of his true appearance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:53:46 AM by Pillow Biter »

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »

The trick to these threads (and this one in particular, since it's free-form to begin with), is to find a group of characters that works for you and hopefully sell that well to others. That's it. Power levels mean precisely however much you want them to. You could try to build a team around the pulps featuring Doc Savage, the Shadow, and the fucking Rocketeer if you wanted to, and that's as good a place to start as any, even if your Batman might end up as the only super-powered individual in the group.

Sure. Obviously there is no one right answer, but for me, trying to also copy the JLA's team dynamic (which is based on their relative power levels and the skills they bring to the table) was also part of the challenge. To each their own.

JookDukem

• +24/-25
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2016, 07:47:04 PM »
LMAO. Scrub shit.

The ONLY correct list:

Superman - The God Emperor of Mankind(Emperor of humanity) - The strongest psyker in human history. One of the most powerful psychic forces in fictional history.

Batman - Konrad Kurze (Primarch of the 8th Legion/Night Lords) - He's known as the "Night Haunter". He takes the concept of instilling fear into his foes to an entirely new level. One that Batman could never achieve. He has brough countless worlds under his rule and has accomplished things that would make Batman kill himself with envy.

Martian Manhunter - Malcador The Sigillite(Regent of Terra) - Just as JK'onn is looked at as a weaker version of Superman in virtually every respect sans pyschic might, Malcador is also a poor imitation of the Emperor of Mankind. Malcador is the third most powerful psyker humanity has ever known.

The Flash - Jaghatai Khan(Primarch of the 5th Legion/White Scars) - Known as the physically fastest Primarch, capable of moving at speeds that not even other Primarchs can clearly see. Primarchs are to Space Marines what Spoace Marines are to normal men. Space Marines can swat Bolter rounds out of the sky. It's serious as fuck.

Wonder Woman - Leman Russ(Primarch of the 6th Legion/Space Wolves) - The Wolverine of Primarchs. He's known as the fiercest and bravest warrior in the Imperium whoes HTH skills are second to only Angron, Horus and the Emperor themselves.

Green Lantern - Magnus The Red(Primarch of the 15th Legion/The Thousand Sons) - The second most powerful psyker humanity has ever known. He's directly behind the Emperor in psychic might and if not for his terrible mistake and fall to chaos could have very well surpassed even the Emperor in raw psychic might. Made efficient use of psychic energy in the form of constructs to battle insanely powerful creatures and technology.

Aquaman - Roboute Guilliman(Primarch of the 13th Legion/The Ultramarines) - The ruler of a vast empire, an empire that was set to take over as the dominant force of the universe during the Horus Heresy. He is a natural ruler and places the needs of those under his rule above those of the greater Imperium. He echoes Aquamans priorities very well.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:52:53 PM by JookDukem »

GeneralPresidentSkeletor

• +78/-16
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2016, 09:25:20 PM »
Eh, I barely remember the movie. I don't really remember him being a "hero", but more "Superdick: The Movie".

I'll change it, though.

Considering the whole movie was him becoming a hero, you might want to stop sniffing glue.
I watched it once when it came out, what, a decade ago? I remember him being a dick for the better part of the movie and some shit between his and Charlize Theron's character. Pretty much it. So...nope, don't recall him being much of a hero until the very end, I suppose. Doesn't matter, I changed him out for another character.