Herochat

Would One Punch Man Saitama's Fitness Training Actually Work?

Would One Punch Man Saitama's Fitness Training Actually Work?
« on: September 26, 2016, 07:53:13 PM »
https://youtu.be/Y2iICRLVkfY

This guy makes some interesting points.  Crossfitters can do the OP Man's work out, but they're juiced up like Jack Lalanne.  Do you guys think the OP Man's workout is realistic/effective?  Can you do it?

XerxesTWD

• +38/-16
    • View Profile
Re: Would One Punch Man Saitama's Fitness Training Actually Work?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 05:08:48 PM »
The One Punch Man workout isn't very hard for somebody in decent shape with a balanced physique. Most crossfitters aren't on anything.

Every Day:
100 Pushups
100 Sit Ups
100 Squats
10k run

That's nothing. He also fought monsters and shit during his 10k runs. Who doesn't do that?

If you spread the workouts out, it's even easier. 10 of each 10 times a day? Then just end or start your day with the 10k run.

The hard part is "every day" because while overworking your body is hard, not taking rest days will definitely fuck you up after a while.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »
Honestly it's the squats and the running that might be a problem depending on your knee's.

100 push ups and 100 sit-ups a day isn't that hardcore....

Ramz

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:58:54 AM »
10 km a day would be fucking rough on the joints id imagine.

NeoGreenLantern

• +43/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »
Yeah that's probably the worst part. Even the squats wouldn't be too bad since I don't think he uses any weight.

Really, like xer said, the fact he does it everyday is the hard part. You still need recovery time. If you were to do that work out 5 days a week and split it into a morning and night work out you'd probably maintain moderately above average shape.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 07:59:47 PM »
The workout isnt bad, but a lot of people cant repeat the same exercise daily.
I mean, i can, but i'm a genetic freak.

Well; you got one part of that right.

Hoo Hah!

Dlbiininja

• +14/-7054
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 06:03:06 PM »
^^^WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Back before i retired i ran an average of 10-15 miles daily and did 500-1000 push ups. I dont recommend that, though. For some reason i thrived on that shit.

It always feels good during a work out and being able to push yourself.  I wasn't big on the long distance.  Hell, I stopped thinking about distance and just started doing it as I got older though.   It'd just go till I was ready to do the next exercise. 
My negative Karma correlates to the amount of butthurt I've caused you! 
blowmeuptom.com/   https://www.facebook.com/tomleykisshow/
http://garyanddino.com/ 

nu-safado

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 02:37:48 PM »
Dail.y running in and of itself isn't bad. I don't think concrete running is healthy and it's a lot better if mixed with the right kind of metabolic circuits and lifting or bodyweight exercise. All depends on your goals. Training smart is really important for longevity

Anything that will beat up y our joints or create muscular imbalances is not great.

Case in point - I never finish a bench press session without working on face pulls or another rear deltoid exercise to prevent eventual overdevelopment of the front and side heads of the delts and chest.

Those who can run a lot and feel good on the knee's just be careful over time to not develop little microlesions, use good footwear etc....