Herochat

Great Krypton! How the heck is PJ Tomasi this good?

Tarugo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Great Krypton! How the heck is PJ Tomasi this good?
« on: September 21, 2016, 05:31:45 AM »
Superman #7...

Just blew me out of the window. I thought Silver Surfer was amazing. This issue tops everything I've read for a long time.

Gleason's art captured everything in one final shot. 8)
Nothing Is Impossible - Batman!

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Great Krypton! How the heck is PJ Tomasi this good?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:45:24 PM »
I've been super busy lately 0 can you fuill me in??? :-)

Hamburglar

• +2414/-55
  • I use naughty words
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:47:16 PM »
Yeah, Superman sucks.

FUCKING DIGUSTING

Tarugo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »
You are in luck. It is uploaded already in viewcomic.

http://viewcomic.com/latest-updates-of-the-week/

Copy the entry for Superman (right column)  & paste on the search button. (It is Superman #7). Once the image appears, click it and the whole pages gets shown from top to bottom.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 02:30:58 AM »
great issue

a great take on Superman. I once said that Superman didn't need to be with Lois to be Superman--and I still think that's true. Lacking Lois wasn't the key problem with Nu 52 Supes. You can feel the difference between the old and the new Superman even when Lois isn't around. BUT, man oh man, does the new family guy Superman ever feel right. People used to argue that him being married to Lois ruined him. This issue begs to differ. Superdad is a great take on Superman.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:47:10 AM by Pillow Biter »

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 03:10:23 AM »
great issue

a great take on Superman. I once said that Superman didn't need to be with Lois to be Superman--and I still think that's true. Lacking Lois wasn't the key problem with Nu 52 Supes. You can feel the difference between the old and the new Superman even when Lois isn't around. BUT, man oh man, does the new family guy Superman ever feel right. People used to argue that him being married to Lois ruined him. This issue begs to differ. Superdad is a great take on Superman.
I was actually drunkenly explaining to a female bartender one night not too long ago what made Superman so great, and I said something like "he's the big brother that everyone wanted"

Now I haven't read this issue, but Superman being Superdad (a father being one of the most universallg recognized things that indeed makes a male human being a right and proper MAN) does sound just as good or even better than everyone's dream big brother.

Tarugo

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 06:46:02 AM »

-K-M-

• +13/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:32 AM »
His interactions with his son in the earlier issues have been great. I'm glad they brought this superman back and running with him being a father. Makes sense with batman having a son too. Keeps the legacy going

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
This was a fun issue. Lois & Clark's interaction at the end had me dying! Very funny.

Why/how did he think she wouldn't find out??

Also I'm actually liking Jon, which is bitter-sweet since Kon is my favorite hero (well tied with Dick Grayson.)

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
Oh and I also found it funny how big a dick Batman is to this Superman. Like, he just REFUSES to like him at all.

MTL76

• +1137/-119
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
Oh and I also found it funny how big a dick Batman is to this Superman. Like, he just REFUSES to like him at all.

That's the ONE downside of this issue for me. I would just like to sweep Flashpoint under the rug and do my best to pretend it never happened, and that Batman and this Superman have been friends and co-workers for years.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

80sBaby

• +35/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 01:33:59 PM »
Nah. I like the new dynamic and we know they'll be best buds again so...

Mightily Oats

• +77/-582
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49:25 PM »
Also, a movie just happened where they fought.

Pillow Biter

• +5/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 02:57:59 PM »

Batman has a good point--this Superman stayed on the sidelines countless times when the fate of the Earth stood in the balance. And Superman should ask before helping Batman, as Batman's situation is a bit different than that of other heroes: he relies on fear and intimidation to help compensate for his lack of powers. If people think he just relies on his big brother Superman to do his job for him, his ability to intimidate is lessened. In addition, Batman often has complex plans at work, and what seems to be help may in fact not be.

That being said, you can't judge comic book characters by realistic, real-world evaluations of the morality of their positions. Comics don't work that way. For example, by such a standard, Superman's refusal to kill is probably wrong. As is Batman's. But they are typically presented as being very moral positions, and in such portrayals, the reader should take them to be as such.

g-train

• +1/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »
Yeah that was a pretty good issue.