Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What are the lasting effects of the Secret Wars crossover?  (Read 1696 times)

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
Re: What are the lasting effects of the Secret Wars crossover?
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 03:00:51 AM »

Pretty sure Ult. Mjolnir turned out to be magical, too. Also, it'll probably be said to be less powerful than the 616 version.

He eventually got a magical hammer, but it looked just like regular Mjolnir, it wasn't the same one he originally had.  Loeb did it, as I recall.  The original hammer, with that shape, was tech based and he eventually got it back when he lost his powers and Stark repowered his old tech suit. 

I didn't read the end of the Ultimate line, though, so they could have done another reveal I'm not aware of.
They didn't have any reveal...when he lost his powers after Maker killed Asgard,he went back to the tech...last seen prior to Secret Wars,using the hammer/tech to knock Galactus through the Neg zone portal iirc

Ramz

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 05:04:27 AM »

Pretty sure Ult. Mjolnir turned out to be magical, too. Also, it'll probably be said to be less powerful than the 616 version.

He eventually got a magical hammer, but it looked just like regular Mjolnir, it wasn't the same one he originally had.  Loeb did it, as I recall.  The original hammer, with that shape, was tech based and he eventually got it back when he lost his powers and Stark repowered his old tech suit. 

I didn't read the end of the Ultimate line, though, so they could have done another reveal I'm not aware of.

I thought he was always magical? The whole tech thing was Loki fucking around with space time, or whatever he was doing. It was a ruse to get people against thor, at least that was the gist of it in the first ultimates series.

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 05:40:04 AM »

I thought he was always magical? The whole tech thing was Loki fucking around with space time, or whatever he was doing. It was a ruse to get people against thor, at least that was the gist of it in the first ultimates series.

Ultimates 2 did indicate that, you are correct.  The Ultimate Thor mini by Hickman filled in his entire backstory and connected the dots. 

Thor is a magical being but lost his powers some point before Ultimates series 1.  He gets the Braddocks to build him the tech suit and hammer to simulate his powers.   After he gets his powers back following the Loki battle in Ultimates 2, he uses the real Mjolnir (which looks like 616 Mjolnir in appearance) and tosses the tech hammer in a locker.

Later, Asgard is attacked and destroyed by The Maker, and we find out that in the Ultimate universe that means the Asgardians lose their powers.  Powerless Thor digs his tech stuff out and has Stark fix the tech suit.

Mightily Oats

• Crisis Actor
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 08:29:44 AM »

That doesn't sound like "connecting the dots" that sounds like "I'm retconning things to tell my story"

riv6672

• Lizardman
  • MAY 2000-MAR 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »

^^^that was confusing....???

Kallor

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2016, 01:40:52 PM »

That doesn't sound like "connecting the dots" that sounds like "I'm retconning things to tell my story"

It's all Jeph Loeb's fault, really.

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2016, 02:41:21 PM »

Loeb killed the Ultimate universe

He was also responsible for quicksilver and scarlet witch being in an incestenous relationship. Only one who was against it was captain America and he was scolded as they are in love

HalloweenJack

• Crisis Actor
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »

yeah, that was infinitely better as sort of a subtle joke

wowie

• Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 08:50:52 PM »

So did Ultimate Thor just disappear?

-K-M-

• Stonemason
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2016, 11:55:32 AM »

He died in secret wars and hasn't appeared since

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 01:35:14 AM »

Oh, that works. Any promo art yet?

I've found one pic but it's just thor going for the hammer.

Anyone know the gist of what happened to thor, in general? Loses hammer, loses arm, now hes just a dude with an axe? Or does he still have his powers, etc? I'm assuming it's super vague, but curious if the had a solid stand on it

Lost hammer. Still don't know what fury said to him. Got his arm cut off and replaced with metal arm. Still has lightening powers but rarely uses it. His axe is a celestial buster and pretty powerful. He's going for ultimate Thor's hammer but hasn't gotten it yet

Female Thor is still around. Mjolnir likes her more then Thor for some unknown reason

Are we sure it's Ultimate Thor's hammer? It does look similar but...
Logan defender, gyro enthusiast.

INDRA THUNDERER

• Mage
  • KISS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »

Oh, that works. Any promo art yet?

I've found one pic but it's just thor going for the hammer.

Anyone know the gist of what happened to thor, in general? Loses hammer, loses arm, now hes just a dude with an axe? Or does he still have his powers, etc? I'm assuming it's super vague, but curious if the had a solid stand on it

Lost hammer. Still don't know what fury said to him. Got his arm cut off and replaced with metal arm. Still has lightening powers but rarely uses it. His axe is a celestial buster and pretty powerful. He's going for ultimate Thor's hammer but hasn't gotten it yet

Female Thor is still around. Mjolnir likes her more then Thor for some unknown reason

Are we sure it's Ultimate Thor's hammer? It does look similar but...
Confirmed in latest issue of Unworthy...

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2016, 03:30:28 AM »

They better upgrade it or I'll rage

Gree

• Crisis Actor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2016, 03:51:57 AM »

They seem to talk up the power of it, big time. Liking the art on unworthy
Pages: 1 2 [3]