Herochat

What are the lasting effects of the Secret Wars crossover?

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: What are the lasting effects of the Secret Wars crossover?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 01:09:52 PM »
Fury whispered something in his ear which made him unworthy. I don't think it has been revealed yet what he said.

They haven't revealed it, yet, but solicits point to Mjolnir being a sentient being that Odin enslaved against its will.  When Fury told Thor, Thor became unworthy.

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 06:18:45 PM »
They released some preview art and he was being taken out by some random aliens guarding the hammer

Tjackflash

• +1/-35
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »
  The 616 Thor gets the hammer from Ultimate Thor and someone else, I think I heard Jane Foster keeps Mew-Mew. ( I love Kat Demmings call it that in the movies.)

Modified:  I just saw someone previously said the same thing.  Sorry.
'cause justice is the one thing you should always find.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 08:10:26 PM »
Ultimate Thor was a lot weaker than 616 Thor, and I think this version of Ult Thor's hammer was tech rather than magic.  So do you guys think they'll use that or keep the lower level of power?  Or just make it so this new hammer is on 616 Mjolnir's level and ignore the rest?

80sBaby

• +22/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 11:38:59 PM »
Pretty sure Ult. Mjolnir turned out to be magical, too. Also, it'll probably be said to be less powerful than the 616 version.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »
Pretty sure Ult. Mjolnir turned out to be magical, too. Also, it'll probably be said to be less powerful than the 616 version.

He eventually got a magical hammer, but it looked just like regular Mjolnir, it wasn't the same one he originally had.  Loeb did it, as I recall.  The original hammer, with that shape, was tech based and he eventually got it back when he lost his powers and Stark repowered his old tech suit. 

I didn't read the end of the Ultimate line, though, so they could have done another reveal I'm not aware of.

INDRA THUNDERER

• +0/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 11:00:51 PM »

He eventually got a magical hammer, but it looked just like regular Mjolnir, it wasn't the same one he originally had.  Loeb did it, as I recall.  The original hammer, with that shape, was tech based and he eventually got it back when he lost his powers and Stark repowered his old tech suit. 

I didn't read the end of the Ultimate line, though, so they could have done another reveal I'm not aware of.
They didn't have any reveal...when he lost his powers after Maker killed Asgard,he went back to the tech...last seen prior to Secret Wars,using the hammer/tech to knock Galactus through the Neg zone portal iirc

Ramz

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:27 AM »

I thought he was always magical? The whole tech thing was Loki fucking around with space time, or whatever he was doing. It was a ruse to get people against thor, at least that was the gist of it in the first ultimates series.

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 01:40:04 AM »

I thought he was always magical? The whole tech thing was Loki fucking around with space time, or whatever he was doing. It was a ruse to get people against thor, at least that was the gist of it in the first ultimates series.

Ultimates 2 did indicate that, you are correct.  The Ultimate Thor mini by Hickman filled in his entire backstory and connected the dots. 

Thor is a magical being but lost his powers some point before Ultimates series 1.  He gets the Braddocks to build him the tech suit and hammer to simulate his powers.   After he gets his powers back following the Loki battle in Ultimates 2, he uses the real Mjolnir (which looks like 616 Mjolnir in appearance) and tosses the tech hammer in a locker.

Later, Asgard is attacked and destroyed by The Maker, and we find out that in the Ultimate universe that means the Asgardians lose their powers.  Powerless Thor digs his tech stuff out and has Stark fix the tech suit.

Mightily Oats

• +72/-575
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 04:29:44 AM »
That doesn't sound like "connecting the dots" that sounds like "I'm retconning things to tell my story"

Kallor

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »
That doesn't sound like "connecting the dots" that sounds like "I'm retconning things to tell my story"

It's all Jeph Loeb's fault, really.

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
Loeb killed the Ultimate universe

He was also responsible for quicksilver and scarlet witch being in an incestenous relationship. Only one who was against it was captain America and he was scolded as they are in love

HalloweenJack

• +13/-5
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 02:24:44 PM »
yeah, that was infinitely better as sort of a subtle joke

wowie

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2016, 04:50:52 PM »
So did Ultimate Thor just disappear?

-K-M-

• +7/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »
He died in secret wars and hasn't appeared since