Herochat

Flash(TV) vs Quicksilver(movie)

fangirl101

• +37/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
Re: Flash(TV) vs Quicksilver(movie)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
Quicksilver was a rookie when it came to fighting.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 05:34:41 PM »

And you are basing this on what?

Dutchman

• +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
So what you're saying is that those guys

had been hit by

have been struck by

a smooth criminal?

dundundundunnadundun

fangirl101

• +37/-57
  • Didn't see Wonder Woman yet so no spoilers BITCHES
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »

And you are basing this on what?

The fact that QS never fought anyone......

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:30 PM »
How do you know that? We never seen him fight anyone but its pretty obvious he knows his powers well. Plus he did beat up the security guards so he understand the amount of force he needs to take on an opponent without killing them. He also wasn't very surprised by Logan, Charles, and Hank so he seemed pretty aware of mutants.

Plus a around a dozen fights for Barry doesn't take him out of the rookie category.

AP

• +117/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
How do you know that? We never seen him fight anyone but its pretty obvious he knows his powers well. Plus he did beat up the security guards so he understand the amount of force he needs to take on an opponent without killing them. He also wasn't very surprised by Logan, Charles, and Hank so he seemed pretty aware of mutants.

Plus a around a dozen fights for Barry doesn't take him out of the rookie category.

Also, Wolverine somehow knew him... even though it wasn't explained how.  I assume they went on missions together or something.

NeoGreenLantern

• +92/-21
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »
He knows him from later in QS's life. Still Wolverine was confident enough that he would be pretty damn effective even at a younger age.

Also we know that QS used his powers to rig the Olympics which caused a bit of shit storm. I'd guess if a person can be as laid back as QS living out in the open after alerting the public and government of your powers you'd have to be pretty confident in your ability to fight. Hell even his mom didn't seem very worried.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »
Flash's healing is a non-factor in a fight. It only helps him recover quickly afterwards. As evidenced by every episode of the show.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
Ollie shot him in the back with a couple arrows, and if I recall they started their training session after that.

Bandido

• +10/-2
  • I can't let you do that Starfox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:41 PM »
He said those weren't kill Arrow though. They weren't weapon's grade. I don't know how you mute their lethality, but there you go...

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 08:14:23 PM »
He said those weren't kill Arrow though. They weren't weapon's grade. I don't know how you mute their lethality, but there you go...
They were still stuck in his back and it clearly hurt him.

Von Doom

• +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 08:35:57 PM »
Ollie shot him in the back with a couple arrows, and if I recall they started their training session after that.
True, but I think at the speeds QS and Flash would be fighting, things would be decided in seconds rather than minutes.

Master

• +42/-24
  • When is a raven a writing desk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 08:40:55 PM »

Is there a point missing here? Barry did not super speed heal from fight injuries to make any difference in a fight.

As the show regularly tells us, Barry can heal up broken bones and bad cuts in hours.
9 outta 10 Masters are Master.

HalloweenJack

• +36/-8
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 08:55:44 PM »

Also, Wolverine somehow knew him... even though it wasn't explained how.  I assume they went on missions together or something.

originally it was supposed to be Juggernaut, but then Bryan Singer was like "Der. Marvel movies only work because of Iron Man. I could do Iron Man better. No Marvel movie works without him. Der"

nu-safado

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »
I come up with it because it makes sense

Concise version

At present Barry Allen would lose a good fight even though he seems to have clearly more raw power and speed period. He's still inexperienced

His character is determined to be a better hero, master his powers and he has Wells and and whole team of people to help him imprive. It seems pretty clear that given any amount of time - say - season 2, he'll be a lot more powerful and will make short work of Quicksilver. The story arc seems to be moving that way (no advance script just seems that way to me)

So at present QS in a close fight because hes more experienced

Given any amount of time Barry has already shown more raw speed, power and creativity/versatility, he wins - though I will qualify that as a (bloody likely) supposition.