Herochat

Scourge's Top 50 Hand to Hand combatants in the Marvel Universe

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
Re: Scourge's Top 50 Hand to Hand combatants in the Marvel Universe
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 01:09:38 PM »
I get it, you hate the X-Men. Doesn't mean they haven't been around 1/2 - 1/4 of the MU for the last several decades. Considering that, is it really so surprising that there're maybe 10 of them that qualify? Only 3 crack the top 25. Wolverine who you mentioned, and X-23 and Deadpool who have both beaten him. Think they deserve their high rank. Punisher is good but as I mentioned, a lot of that is cause he can take a hit like few others.

MTL76

• +1123/-16
  • "What if I know all your secrets, Your Eminence?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2016, 01:13:26 PM »
How can anyone peg Prince of Orphans? His fighting style is completely based on his power to go intangible and hit people while they can't hit him.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2016, 01:25:28 PM »
Agreed. I think he doesn't deserve an elite ranking bc of this

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2016, 01:27:27 PM »
It is true to a large degree, MTL--but then again, Mr. X's fighting style is based on knowing what others think and Karnak's based on seeing weakness. The PoO is more challenging but I gave it a whirl. Didn't want to skip ranking the best of the weapons and the fact that he is significantly better than fighters that can knock out Hercules and summon lighting whips to the point that they all fear him, that was why I put him as elite. I see what both of you are saying though.

Where would you place him?

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
Below Elektra. He has a cheap power.

Also Danny has definitively beaten down Mr. X using shrunken fist style. I just remember

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2016, 01:32:43 PM »
I remember him beating him too. And casually. X would be higher if not for that.

As to PoO--I think it seems cheap because of how good he is with it. Vision, Martian Manhunter and Kitty don't go through fights never getting hit like PoO. I still feel he's at least a step up from all other weapons.

Average John

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2016, 01:54:16 PM »
I just noticed you moved Elektra ahead of Iron Fist now? WTF is going on in this thread.

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »
I remember him beating him too. And casually. X would be higher if not for that.

As to PoO--I think it seems cheap because of how good he is with it. Vision, Martian Manhunter and Kitty don't go through fights never getting hit like PoO. I still feel he's at least a step up from all other weapons.

Because they don't have A list skills. Aman is A list, there's just no evidence of him being better than the elites other than his broken power. He can defeat them but we have no evidence of him actually being more skilled.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »
I just noticed you moved Elektra ahead of Iron Fist now? WTF is going on in this thread.
Goggenhiem brought up some good points--too much? I'm not claiming to have all the answers, I'm just trying to put something together. Obv no list will ever be perfect from everyone's perspective. Trying to be open to other opinions as well.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »

Because they don't have A list skills. Aman is A list, there's just no evidence of him being better than the elites other than his broken power. He can defeat them but we have no evidence of him actually being more skilled.

Alright Gree, you're working your magic on me. I'm going to drop him. Mind you I think he's still top 10, but maybe he's at the other end of it.

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2016, 02:45:27 PM »
Storm being higher than Punisher, Crossbones better than Taskmaster, Cyclops being on this list at all.. Cmon.

Red Exodus

• +10/-20
  • The one you've been smashing for!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2016, 02:47:53 PM »
Thanks for the constructive commentary, Abhi.

Come now, what did you expect?

OT, I think its a fun list, although I do disagree immensely with a lot of the placements.

By chance, this list wasn't partially inspired by that Street Fighter run down you asked
me to do was it?

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2016, 02:49:35 PM »
Storm being higher than Punisher, Crossbones better than Taskmaster, Cyclops being on this list at all.. Cmon.
Cyclops is damn skilled. Seriously.

Taskmaster has been punked too often to be higher. It's like his only purpose is to make other characters look good.

Storm has done really well in one on one fights. won against more powerful named/non-cannon fodder opponents all w/o her powers. She was a capable X-Man for a long stretch just going at hand to hand.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

OT, I think its a fun list, although I do disagree immensely with a lot of the placements.

By chance, this list wasn't partially inspired by that Street Fighter run down you asked
me to do was it?

Not especially, just like doing this sort of thing. Sort of inspired by a big top 50 ranking fangirl did in the past. Just the scope of trying to do something like this seemed a fun task

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2016, 03:07:36 PM »

me to do was it?
Not cheerleading as you're doing?

Punisher being 50th on the list alone invalidates the whole list.