Re: Scourge's Top 50 Hand to Hand combatants in the Marvel Universe
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »
I will air my grievances

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »
Frank should be above all X-Men aside from Wolverine.

I think Iron Fist is better then BP. Wolverine is definitely A list at peak, and I LOVE him, but he's a hair behind IF and BP.

PoO is too high. His power is the cheapest if all. He's low A list for sure but his chi and phasing makes him more formidable then even Mandarin or Temujin.

Puck and Cable too high

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 09:27:00 PM »
These are all fair comments. Not neccisarily what I was expecting.

- Black Panther has generally seemed a near match for Cap. The ease with which he's handled Wolverine says something to his skill.

- Wolverine has proved himself Iron Fists superior in non-claw/non-chi sparing match

- As mentioned, PoO is beyond all other weapons, and it's not just phasing on its own. Otherwise Kitty Pryde would be on par.

- Frank has seemed more simply powering through than skill. Just taking the beating and not being put down.

- Puck and Cable have both impressed me for various reasons. I could see knocking Puck down three spots or so. Cable I get questioning as well.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »
But honestly I don't fucking know, you may be right on all points--it was just fun to attempt a huge skill ranking. May eventually try one for intelligence of agility, my other two fav qualities to rank (Black Panther will make all lists)

SmeaGog

• +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 10:02:02 PM »
If one sparring match (out of at least two fights, isn't it?) is enough to place Wolverine definitevely above Iron Fist in your mind, how is Elektra behind either? She's held an edge over Logan every single time they've fought, hasn't she?

In fact, Mark Millar seemed very clear on how highly he rated her in comparsion, at least according to DanteMundus's account of the conversation years ago. (DM being one of our biggest Wolverine marks at the time, if mostly a self-aware one.)

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »
Frank I feel has had too many close fights with DD, though not DD at his best to be at the bottom of this list. A lotus durability and such, but he's damn.

Prince is beyond the other weapons because of his chi control. He's like an A list Kitty with a mist form and other chi tricks. I don't think he's necessarily as skilled as DD or IF or Shang.

Wolvie had one sparring match with IF where in my gut he looked superior. Definitively A list, but too much of a frequent brawler to be above that guy I think. Though absolutely A list.

I think the Wolverine that BP beat had lost his powers and was readjusting.

I don't think Cables ever fought an A list martial artist.

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 10:05:43 PM »
If one sparring match (out of at least two fights, isn't it?) is enough to place Wolverine definitevely above Iron Fist in your mind, how is Elektra behind either? She's held an edge over Logan every single time they've fought, hasn't she?

In fact, Mark Millar seemed very clear on how highly he rated her in comparsion, at least according to DanteMundus's account of the conversation years ago. (DM being one of our biggest Wolverine marks at the time, if mostly a self-aware one.)

DM knew his shit. Also feel like Elektras a bit low

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 10:06:52 PM »
I'd be cool with upping Elektra to 13 and dropping those behind. If'n I go to edit I'll do so. Prob drop Puck back a fair bit too

Gree

• +38/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 10:07:48 PM »
A lotus durability lol

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »
I wouldn't raise Punisher too much, but maybe a bit. Wolverine has an in comic reason to sometimes go at it like a brawler and stories have addressed it. When he busts out the skill though it makes an impression

Cables first appearance the two threw down

Abhilegend

• +24/-29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2016, 11:42:33 PM »
That list is just..........wrong.

scourge

• +30/-9
  • Just be pleasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2016, 11:59:19 AM »
Thanks for the constructive commentary, Abhi.

just moved Elektra up into number 13. It just makes sense. She's really come along way.

I also dropped Puck a little. I can totally admit I was over rating him. This thing as I said is nebulous.

Thinking of dropping Prince of Orphans, but still keeping him in the top 10. BP too perhaps. Don't like the idea of 3 DD student/teachers in a row, but much like that series has the longest run of good issues, so too do the practitioners of their fighting style have the best run of skill.

More comments welcome. Spark that discussion, and that sensimilla.

Average John

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2016, 12:21:17 PM »
Punisher would kick the shit out of almost any X-man save Wolverine. Ranking him 50 is probably the biggest disrespect in this thread. And this many X-men in the top 50 is absurd.

I'm surprised Beast and Nightcrawler aren't in the top 25, you biased person.