Herochat

The Rocketeer [Reboot]

Panthergod

• +45/-82
    • View Profile
Re: The Rocketeer [Reboot]
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »
Guy, I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying it's fucking ridiculous. And it exists because consumers feed into it. Little kids don't give a shit about the color of their Barbie, because kids aren't born assholes. Their parents do. I don't need the fucking Ninja Turtles to be white in order to enjoy them.

If you're unable to enjoy something because the characters don't look like you, that says as much about you as it does the old white man assholes making the movies.

And yes, I understand that it's empowering to see people "like" yourself on tv. To realize that as a racial minority you don't have to be held back by living in a predominately white culture. To realize as a homosexual or transgender person that there are other people like you succeeding in whatever it is that they choose to do. But guess what? Being white doesn't make me the fucking cat-faced lady doctor on Gray's Anatomy and it doesn't make you fucking President Morgan Freeman. People need to stop defining themselves by one aspect of who they are and/or one aspect of who other people are and just live their own fucking lives.

Do you know how many people on tv look like me? 1: Kevin Owens; and he's still like 5 inches shorter than me and has dumber hair. But you know what? Looking like a tall KO with gorgeous flowing hair isn't going to make me a pro wrestler. I don't think so, anyway. I haven't really tried since 7th grade so I could be wrong.
Little kids absolutely care about how their color is represented around them. It ludicrous to say otherwise.  Im kind of shocked st the ignorance necessary to claim otherwise. You should just stop right there. It doesn't matter to You. Speak for yourself please on this subject.

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 01:22:33 AM »
So not only are you a racist, you're going to teach your kids to be racist as well. Cool, bro. Way to live up to expectations.
The tree grows high but the oxygen fails to reach all the branches.

therock

• +39/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 01:38:44 AM »
Guy, I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying it's fucking ridiculous. And it exists because consumers feed into it. Little kids don't give a shit about the color of their Barbie, because kids aren't born assholes. Their parents do. I don't need the fucking Ninja Turtles to be white in order to enjoy them.

If you're unable to enjoy something because the characters don't look like you, that says as much about you as it does the old white man assholes making the movies.

And yes, I understand that it's empowering to see people "like" yourself on tv. To realize that as a racial minority you don't have to be held back by living in a predominately white culture. To realize as a homosexual or transgender person that there are other people like you succeeding in whatever it is that they choose to do. But guess what? Being white doesn't make me the fucking cat-faced lady doctor on Gray's Anatomy and it doesn't make you fucking President Morgan Freeman. People need to stop defining themselves by one aspect of who they are and/or one aspect of who other people are and just live their own fucking lives.

Do you know how many people on tv look like me? 1: Kevin Owens; and he's still like 5 inches shorter than me and has dumber hair. But you know what? Looking like a tall KO with gorgeous flowing hair isn't going to make me a pro wrestler. I don't think so, anyway. I haven't really tried since 7th grade so I could be wrong.

No one saying you cant Succesfull without reading a supererho of your race. So dont know what that fuck that tangent was about. But thanks for teaching me about the trandgenr community. I do appreicate the pep talk. I have expecting you to tossed your sports Jersey at me with a can of coke

You know what sales well

The story with that gay archie character. People like some diversity. Again you say I dont have to live in white culture. But If I want say a superhero, action star that not part of white culture. Where am I going to go unless someone goes out of thier way to make it

Jon stewrt green lantern didnt come out of nowhere. Someone went

"You know Hal going to be out doing something..why not add a black guy"

it not so much people demanding it. But remeber when I was a kid I was in comic shop. I was going to buy my normal white superhero without much anger. Batman. And was like what this mosaic thing. Oh shit..a black superhero. Went through the pages "Oh he has a magic ring..cool and I like the art"

it wasnt me going

"Woe a black superhero. About time. The revolution begins mother FUCKERS (Raise black power fist) !!"

Was like "Oh this looks interesting. I check this out. Oh it turns out its good. nice. Oh is there other comics like this. There an entire CORPS of these guys...fucking sweet man"

So i gave a little bit of a shit. Not like I wasnt going to buy comics that day. But wasnt a green lantern guy, and that caught my eye. Because I was new to comics and only read Spiderman, batman, Superman, and some Hulk.

wasnt going

"FINALLY I CAN MAKE it..thank you Jon Stewart"

nor was i going

"Aint reading about these cracker ass crackers anymore"

Still read batman. Superhero generaly power fantasies. The more you can put yourself in that role the better. That why most fantasy character are syphers. Most video game character same white dude with a beard.

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 01:45:09 AM »

Little kids absolutely care about how their color is represented around them. It ludicrous to say otherwise.  Im kind of shocked st the ignorance necessary to claim otherwise. You should just stop right there. It doesn't matter to You. Speak for yourself please on this subject.

I understand that it is obviously incredibly psychologically and emotionally damaging for a child (for anyone, really) to be only exposed to negative representatives of your race/gender/etc on tv and movies (like if blacks are only represented as drug dealers or gangsters or whatever). There obviously need to be realistic and positive examples of your racial or gender identity in pop culture. That's obviously not what I'm talking about above, and what you seemed to misinterpret with your "how their color is represented around them" comment.

But I could be saying that straight black people should be the only people  represented on tv, and every school day should begin with prayers of exaltation to Nuit, and white cave demons should be rounded up and executed, and you'd still find something to bitch about because I'm white that's just who you are as a person

Thanos6

• +18/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 01:46:26 AM »
I do appreicate the pep talk. I have expecting you to tossed your sports Jersey at me with a can of coke

All right, I gotta admit, that cracked me up.
Truten forever!

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 01:46:47 AM »

No one saying you cant Succesfull without reading a supererho of your race. So dont know what that fuck that tangent was about. But thanks for teaching me about the trandgenr community. I do appreicate the pep talk. I have expecting you to tossed your sports Jersey at me with a can of coke

You know what sales well

The story with that gay archie character. People like some diversity. Again you say I dont have to live in white culture. But If I want say a superhero, action star that not part of white culture. Where am I going to go unless someone goes out of thier way to make it

it not so much people demanding it. But remeber when I was a kid I was in comic shop. I was going to buy my normal white superhero without much anger. Batman. And was like what this mosaic thing. Oh shit..a black superhero. Went through the pages "Oh he has a magic ring..cool and I like the art"

it wasnt me going

"Woe a black superhero. About time. The revolution begins mother FUCKERS (Raise black power fist) !!"

Was like "Oh this looks interesting. I check this out. Oh it turns out its good. nice. Oh is there other comics like this. There an entire CORPS of these guys...fucking sweet man"

So i gave a little bit of a shit. Not like I wasnt going to buy comics that day. But wasnt a green lantern guy, and that caught my eye. Because I was new to comics and only read Spiderman, batman, Superman, and some Hulk.

wasnt going

nor was i going

Still read batman. Superhero generaly power fantasies. The more you can put yourself in that role the better. That why most fantasy character are syphers. Most video game character same white dude with a beard.

I stopped reading after your second sentence because you obviously don't understand how analogies (or even words in general, really) work.

therock

• +39/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 01:48:18 AM »
Thanos like it. Thats the important thing.

Thanos6

• +18/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 01:59:09 AM »
Thanos like it. Thats the important thing.

Indeed it is.  You will be rewarded well when I take power.
Truten forever!

Speed of Zound

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:55 AM »
Panther is right about everything.

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 02:59:33 AM »

You know what sales well

it wasnt me going

wasnt going

nor was i going

Okey doke I skimmed a little bit more of it. And even though your entire argument is based a a misconstrued version of what I was saying, I'll reply. Not to your exact post, but the overbearing idea behind it: representation.

So many people bitch because so many video games (as an example) are full of white men. Guess what America is full of, guy? White men. The reason I'll never get behind something like #oscarssowhite and that kind of shit is because of demographics: African Americans make up 13% of the American population. That means out of 121 nominees spread across 24 categories (pulling from the 2016 nominees for this example), there should be roughly 15 nominees representing African Americans in leading/prominent roles and actual African American nominees. You know how many there are? 12. Okay, I got you; there's some work that needs to be done. Hispanics make up 17% of the country, so should be represented in 20 nominees, right? Nope, 4; every single one of which centers around cartels. You think when Spike Lee whines about how white the Oscars are, he gives a shit about under-representation of Hispanics? You think he cares that the only Oscar nominees that Hispanics have to represent them are cartel members? Just say #oscarsnotblack, since that's all you care about. Do you really think that if blacks were represented in, say, 50% of Oscar nominees (that's 4 times the actual representation of African Americans in the US, btw), black people would be all upset because #oscarstooblack? No, they fucking wouldn't. That's the bleedthrough of any majority/minority relationship. The majority is going to be represented in a majority of pop culture, while a minority will be represented in a minority of pop culture. Even the fact that something like #oscarssowhite is an actual thing is an anomaly. If I lived in India, do you think I could honestly be taken seriously with my #bollywoodsoindian hashtag and force Indians into thinking "By Vishnu, he's right! How could we have forgotten to feature white atheists in our productions? I feel so guilty!"

Now that is what's called "going off on a tangent". So next time you you want to use that phrase, you'll know how to recognize it. You're welcome.

Mightily Oats

• +76/-578
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:45 AM »
Wyntyr can't be right about racial talk, because he's white and therefore can have no opinion on the subject.

Empirically.

That being said, I agree with Wyntyr

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 03:50:24 AM »
I have the Native vote.

Now I just need Hammer for the white-looking Hispanic guy contingent, and Neo for the kind-of-Asian vote and my Rainbow Coalition Quorum will be nigh unstoppable!

Soon none will be able to stand against me

therock

• +39/-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 03:53:21 AM »

You know what sales well

it wasnt me going

wasnt going

nor was i going

Okey doke I skimmed a little bit more of it. And even though your entire argument is based a a misconstrued version of what I was saying, I'll reply. Not to your exact post, but the overbearing idea behind it: representation.

So many people bitch because so many video games (as an example) are full of white men. Guess what America is full of, guy? White men. The reason I'll never get behind something like #oscarssowhite and that kind of shit is because of demographics: African Americans make up 13% of the American population. That means out of 121 nominees spread across 24 categories (pulling from the 2016 nominees for this example), there should be roughly 15 nominees representing African Americans in leading/prominent roles and actual African American nominees. You know how many there are? 12. Okay, I got you; there's some work that needs to be done. Hispanics make up 17% of the country, so should be represented in 20 nominees, right? Nope, 4; every single one of which centers around cartels. You think when Spike Lee whines about how white the Oscars are, he gives a shit about under-representation of Hispanics? You think he cares that the only Oscar nominees that Hispanics have to represent them are cartel members? Just say #oscarsnotblack, since that's all you care about. Do you really think that if blacks were represented in, say, 50% of Oscar nominees (that's 4 times the actual representation of African Americans in the US, btw), black people would be all upset because #oscarstooblack? No, they fucking wouldn't. That's the bleedthrough of any majority/minority relationship. The majority is going to be represented in a majority of pop culture, while a minority will be represented in a minority of pop culture. Even the fact that something like #oscarssowhite is an actual thing is an anomaly. If I lived in India, do you think I could honestly be taken seriously with my #bollywoodsoindian hashtag and force Indians into thinking "By Vishnu, he's right! How could we have forgotten to feature white atheists in our productions? I feel so guilty!"

Now that is what's called "going off on a tangent". So next time you you want to use that phrase, you'll know how to recognize it. You're welcome.

you should of stuck to your convictions and not responded

You showed weakness. That mean I own you now.

Thing  it not an oscar thing. Again dont understand these tangents your going on.  I am not DEMANDING anything. Only people getting mad is people mad that the rocketeer black. Like you cant find white superhero. Like anyone was demanding a black rocketeer

You say oscars are white because the country is white. The white people want to see white character. So you made my point..people want to see character that represent them.

black people want to see black character. Disney trying to tapped into that market to sale some toys. Black people going "Hey cool a black rocketeer"
Women going "Hey cool a female rocketeer"
And some comic board poster going to spout out the n word like 100 times
Life will go on

it the other side that tossing a bitch fit. Why the rocketeer got to be black. Im sorry..is someone coming into your house and destryoing your old rocekteer dvd, or rocketeer comics. Were they planning to make a white rocketeeer and Jessie Jackson stop it. A rocketeer movie might of not gotten off if it wasnt for this hook

I shows there an audience for more diverse people. Dont do it for SJW reason. Do it because thier a market for it and people want to see it

The new spiderman miles..was a huge success. your branching out your audience. it nothing wrong with that. And as for other charcter not black. If they wanted to make an Asian Iron man..go ahead. Their an ASIAN superman. i am not screming "Why the fuck superman Asian..damm SJW bullshit"

"Why the fuck they need an Asian superman. Cant they learn to better there selves"

Instead I was like

"Oh hey Asian Superman thats cool and different"

"Oh new miss Marvel cool. Never seen that culture explored that much in a superhero comic book. Sure is nice"

wasnt screaming "Dammit why do we have to worry about race"

Yea I know the majaorty will still be represented. This is not claiming to stop that. But do they have to represented all the time. Does one black rocketeer going to make them lose their fucking shit. Plus it adds variety

You know I love me some Dwayne Johnson. But if ever fucking action movie or Video game had the same fucking Dwayne Johnson type I be bored out of me fucking mind. I be for love of god..give me a gruff, beared white dude to play in a video game just to spice shit up

Wyntry...buddy...guy..my brother crise. They will still be movies and video games with white people for you to enjoy when this movie out. I assure you when this movie out..there me other movie in a the theather for you to watch. They wont be all about black Lesbian muslims..and their adopted spanish children

I know it seem dark now. But one day...one Day Wynyr...a white man will be able to make it show buisness. One your people shall have a voice Wyntyr. One day...ONE GLORIOUS DAY... A kid born in 2009 will know what it like to have a white president. I assure you this day will come Wyntry. I may take long...but  one day I you will reach the promise land

of white spidermans, and Penis having THORS.  I know it seem dark now...but you will reach this Mountain top

This wiill be a distant memory. They make a movie about the struggled you had to go through. ROOTS 2- The time people were force to watch black rocketeer

You will tell your kids your struggled

"Is it true Dad...is it true you were force to put up with a black Captain America..for a short period of time"

"Yes Son...we called those days the Troubles. Many people of died"

"Died of what dad"

"Butthurt son. They got butthurt so hard they died from the pain. It was horrible. Worst massive deaths due to butthurt, Since they made a female Tango and Cash"

Mightily Oats

• +76/-578
  • Master of Fagnetism
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 03:57:02 AM »
Know who i relate to?

People who like the same things I do.

That's all

Wyntyr

• +108/-82
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 04:24:19 AM »
you should of stuck to your convictions and not responded

You showed weakness. That mean I own you now.

Thing  it not an oscar thing. Again dont understand these tangents your going on.  I am not DEMANDING anything. Only people getting mad is people mad that the rocketeer black. Like you cant find white superhero. Like anyone was demanding a black rocketeer

You say oscars are white because the country is white. The white people want to see white character. So you made my point..people want to see character that represent them.

black people want to see black character. Disney trying to tapped into that market to sale some toys. Black people going "Hey cool a black rocketeer"
Women going "Hey cool a female rocketeer"
And some comic board poster going to spout out the n word like 100 times
Life will go on

it the other side that tossing a bitch fit. Why the rocketeer got to be black. Im sorry..is someone coming into your house and destryoing your old rocekteer dvd, or rocketeer comics. Were they planning to make a white rocketeeer and Jessie Jackson stop it. A rocketeer movie might of not gotten off if it wasnt for this hook

I shows there an audience for more diverse people. Dont do it for SJW reason. Do it because thier a market for it and people want to see it

The new spiderman miles..was a huge success. your branching out your audience. it nothing wrong with that. And as for other charcter not black. If they wanted to make an Asian Iron man..go ahead. Their an ASIAN superman. i am not screming "Why the fuck superman Asian..damm SJW bullshit"

"Why the fuck they need an Asian superman. Cant they learn to better there selves"

Instead I was like

"Oh hey Asian Superman thats cool and different"

"Oh new miss Marvel cool. Never seen that culture explored that much in a superhero comic book. Sure is nice"

wasnt screaming "Dammit why do we have to worry about race"

Yea I know the majaorty will still be represented. This is not claiming to stop that. But do they have to represented all the time. Does one black rocketeer going to make them lose their fucking shit. Plus it adds variety

You know I love me some Dwayne Johnson. But if ever fucking action movie or Video game had the same fucking Dwayne Johnson type I be bored out of me fucking mind. I be for love of god..give me a gruff, beared white dude to play in a video game just to spice shit up

Wyntry...buddy...guy..my brother crise. They will still be movies and video games with white people for you to enjoy when this movie out. I assure you when this movie out..there me other movie in a the theather for you to watch. They wont be all about black Lesbian muslims..and their adopted spanish children

I know it seem dark now. But one day...one Day Wynyr...a white man will be able to make it show buisness. One your people shall have a voice Wyntyr. One day...ONE GLORIOUS DAY... A kid born in 2009 will know what it like to have a white president. I assure you this day will come Wyntry. I may take long...but  one day I you will reach the promise land

of white spidermans, and Penis having THORS.  I know it seem dark now...but you will reach this Mountain top

This wiill be a distant memory. They make a movie about the struggled you had to go through. ROOTS 2- The time people were force to watch black rocketeer

You will tell your kids your struggled

"Is it true Dad...is it true you were force to put up with a black Captain America..for a short period of time"

"Yes Son...we called those days the Troubles. Many people of died"

"Died of what dad"

"Butthurt son. They got butthurt so hard they died from the pain. It was horrible. Worst massive deaths due to butthurt, Since they made a female Tango and Cash"

Guy, I went off on a nonsensical tangent to show you what an actual tangent was. Like I admitted at the end of that post. Settle down.

But since it was a joke, I'll respond to exactly one point of your unreadable babble:

I made my point. That that specific inequality exists, but doesn't have to unless you choose to support it by only looking at culture as defined by one aspect of yourself. 

Guy, I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying it's fucking ridiculous. And it exists because consumers feed into it.

How many slightly effeminate hipster beefcakes with gorgeous Samson hair exist on tv at the moment to represent me? Not too fucking many. How many sadistic dyslexics who love to torture normal people with their long alphabet soup ramblings exist on tv to represent you? Not too fucking many. The sooner we all stop whining about who's black and who's white and "OMG that guy's a different color than me. I probably shouldn't have anything in common with him" the sooner people stop being selfish assholes and start trying to work together. And fuck being colorblind. You're black. I'm white. We both see that. The question then becomes if that is the only thing we choose to see when we look at each other. I don't give a flying fuck that you're black and it doesn't inform my opinion of you. It means that our bodies produce different levels of melanin, not that either one of us is inherently a dick. Now quit being a faggot.