Herochat

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note that forum is still under construction.

heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Transformers #55 - One of the best comics only few people read *SPOILERS* *tears  (Read 1475 times)

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile

So, during the last year or so, we followed a Megatron, who joined Rodimus and his crew, trying to redeem himself, after he realized that he was a hypocrite, and that his path had long since changed from how it started out.

At the beginning, he had merely wanted for his kind to be equal to the Autobots (who had a lot of seriously corrupted bastards running the show. Just as an example, they are at fault for Shockwave's creation, by lobotomising who he was before, and turning him into who he became).

First the Autobots wanted to lynch him, understandably, but a trial gave him the right to prove himself, so he joined Rodimus on his quest through the universe.
He had proven himself somewhat abrasive, foul-mooded, and constantly at odds with Rodimus (although, starting out hating each other, they developed a respect for each other throughout the storyline).

Now, Megatron and his crew have been caught on the Graveyard planet by a force he had created, a division of Descepticons which were supposed to hunt and destroy all those who fell off of the Decepticon Cause.

In this case Megatron himself now.

Realizing that his new companions would die, he went out, caught the leaders of the Division in a forcefield along with himself, and plans to destroy them, and himself, in an anti-matter explosion, safely tugged inside the forcefield, so others survive.

In the last seconds, he once again picked up the Decepticon symbol (actually ripping it off his adversary's face), and just as he is about to die, Rodimus comes through, and saves him...

Megatron nearly stays, but he takes the hand, and is saved.

Throughout the Journey, Ravage, one of Soundwave's casettes, was with him. For the first part of it he was not believing Megatron, and mocked him for wanting to be an Autobot, but decided to hang around anyway, just to see what happens.
Throughout the storyline, he too, changed, and after a while he begun to understand why Megatron does what he does, and quietly started to support him.

So, he tries to help him, but in the end it led to him becoming terminally damaged.

As he is dying, he begs Megatron to not turn his back to his new direction.
To not once again become who he used to be, and to continue trying to do the right thing.

Soundwave, who always had a tight bond to his casettes, breaks down, half a Galaxy away, as he feels Ravage die. The last year had him try to realize Megatron's original intention, by creating a haven for everyone, Decepticon and Autobot. Yet at the same time he became disillusioned with Megatron himself, feeling betrayed by his turn. On the other hand he gained a respect for humanity, and realized that they, too, have a right to live and exist, where, before, he saw them as mere gnats.

This book is so very good.

Each of the characters underwent a complete character development to really fantastic degrees.

And the best of it, the shake up allowed secondary and tertiary characters, who never had much of a spotlight, gain one, and prove themselves terrific heroes and villains.

It's a really great book right now, and I recommend people to pick it up.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 04:47:41 PM by Necro »

Wyntyr

• Global Moderator
  • Prince Akeem Joffer
  • The People's Martyrator
    • View Profile

That art is awesome

Thanos6

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile

Yeah, the TF comics have been amazing the last couple of years.  Like Starscream actually getting his wish and becoming the popularly-chosen leader of ALL CYBERTRON.  Even the Autobots answer to him now, but that means he has to be honest and open (at least in public) and keep his darker actions hidden, and cutting secret deals with those who know about them...I think he's finding leadership isn't all it's cracked up to be...
Truten forever!

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile

My lord Megatron is an Autobot?

This is basically the worst shit I've ever seen.

Turns into a gun that Soundwave shoots or get the fuck out.

Thanos6

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile

They also did an amazingly, wonderfully batshit insane crossover with GI Joe.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:25:11 PM by Thanos6 »
Truten forever!

HalloweenJack

• Prince Akeem Joffer
  • Rowdy AF
    • View Profile

not bad.

I had no idea there was an ongoing

Thanos6

• Axel Foley
    • View Profile

What I like is something that helped Megatron realize he'd become the very monster he started to fight.  This is something he said to Optimus Prime, once:

"Because in the final analysis, I would happily wade across a river of corpses, chest-deep in rust and grease and engine oil, just to crush the spark of the last Autobot standing. And I would not do so simply as a means to an end. No. I'd do it, Prime, because it would give me pleasure."

But afterward...

"And the thing is, when those words were in my head I didn't think I meant them; but when they left my mouth, I realized that I did. If the world thinks you're a monster, what does it matter? The world is wrong. But when you start to think of yourself as a monster..."

That sort of got the ball rolling on a lot of hard self-examination.
Truten forever!

MTL76

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile

Megatron for Herochat banner.

I can't believe Ravage is dead! He was my favorite cassette.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium

Propeus The Fallen

• Norbit
    • View Profile

Let's see issue 55, the comic costs probably 3 bucks an issue...

Well, no chance in hell of catching up. :(

And it has Rodimus in it too.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile

My lord Megatron is an Autobot?

This is basically the worst shit I've ever seen.

Turns into a gun that Soundwave shoots or get the fuck out.

That and Ravage telling him not to go back to who he was.

What happened to this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-sQuznwMo

Necro

• Pluto Nash
    • View Profile

He had a 50 issue storyline developing him from a pale villain image to an actual character.

His journey is similar to that of Dinobot in Transformers: Beast Wars.

And, for the record, the Autobots are still scared shitless of him, and he still murders dozens of opponents easily whenever there is a fight.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile

He had a 50 issue storyline developing him from a pale villain image to an actual character.

And, for the record, the Autobots are still scared shitless of him, and he still murders dozens of opponents easily whenever there is a fight.

Bah!  I can't forgive his disloyalty to the Decepticon way of life.

Ravage didn't say nothin' and was still a great character.

Now's he's just weak mary.

JookDukem

• Norbit
    • View Profile

OG Megatron and Beast Wars Megatron were amazing characters and definitely much better than this faggot do-gooder Megatron. This Megatron is Dinobot light, gay and should be put to death.

g-train

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile

OG Megatron and Beast Wars Megatron were amazing characters and definitely much better than this faggot do-gooder Megatron. This Megatron is Dinobot light, gay and should be put to death.

Damn straight!  And the art here?  Crap.

I think some earlier comic publisher tried to do the same thing with Megatron as well.  Back when Starscream was leading the decepticons for abit or some such thing.

MTL76

• King Jaffe Joffer
    • View Profile

The last two posts are tied for Most Ignorant Post of 2016.

Minority Shareholder, Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles (CHOAM)

The Create A Team / Power Set Combo Compendium
Pages: [1] 2 3